Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suspicious Emails

• 04-09-2010 1:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭

Two weeks ago i received a email from windows live,saying they could not find any record of my account so could i please send them my name,password and country of origin.Today another email this time from mailive(never heard of them) saying they were updating their database so could i send my name,address,password and date of birth.I did not reply to these and deleted them straight away.3 months ago a friend received a similar email from yahoo he sent the information requested,his password was changed so he could not access his yahoo account,then emails were sent to all his contacts saying he needed a short term loan of 500e a bank account number was given for the money to be lodged.My friend had no knowledge about this for about a week.BEWARE

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Have got two emails and two texts supposedly from AIB looking for me to update account details.don't bank with them. Don't know if it's coincidence but can't see how fraudsters are connecting my email and mobile number

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Does this just affect people from Waterford City?

You should post this in the After Hours Forum, just to hit a wider audience. (and a right good laugh!) :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

This is why warcraft accounts get hacked

"Hiya we're Blizzard, yep, and we need your details for some reason, even though we have them could you send them again please?
    Great thanks we won't do anything bad.
    Cheery bye bye"

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Moving to the Computers & Tech forum.

Very common occurrence, its called phishing. If your bank contacts you for similar by email - its not genuine. But, if you want to give me your details all the same... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Sully wrote: »
    Moving to the Computers & Tech forum.

Very common occurrence, its called phishing. If your bank contacts you for similar by email - its not genuine. But, if you want to give me your details all the same... ;)

I'll pm you the account details shortly :)
    Aware of phishing etc but was curious if it was a coincidence that both my email and mobile were targeted at the same time. Most likely coincidence ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

thomasm wrote: »
    I'll pm you the account details shortly :)
    Aware of phishing etc but was curious if it was a coincidence that both my email and mobile were targeted at the same time. Most likely coincidence ?

Never heard of the scam going around by text. Is it an Irish number?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Have got two emails and two texts supposedly from AIB looking for me to update account details.don't bank with them. Don't know if it's coincidence but can't see how fraudsters are connecting my email and mobile number
    There is a permanent warning on AIB banking site saying they never request personal details by email or over the phone,i assume all banks are the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭mneylon

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TwistsAndTurns

Got one of these today in an e-mail, dont have an AIB account. Just deleted it, never reply to any of these and blocked sender.

Advertisement