Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Info on right airsoft gun

Options
  • 04-09-2010 2:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hello People,

could someone help i was going to get the Desert Eagle CO2 Blowback Pellet Pistol but its to hard to get, so im thinking on getting a desert eagle airsoft now what would be a powerful FPS to get i would like one that would go through a tin can and would plastic BBs break glass?

and if use know of any good sites to get one from that wood be great and also whats the best size of a bb is the 0.25g the best?

Thanks Guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

All Irish airsoft devices are <1J

So that means their FPS, measured with a .2g BB, must be under 328 FPS. This is a relatively low energy, and is not powerful. It will not break most glass, but could depending on a few variables. As for tin cans, most can go through 1 side of them.

I'm not being smart or anything, but if you were looking for a pellet gun, and are switching to Airsoft for easier availability, and your criteria is quite destructive, I cannot say I would recommend you buy a RIF.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Airsoft isn't about breaking things, it is sporting equipment, and is designed to be safe. There are laws regulating it, laws you should have a read of because that is the sort of talk that gets you refused service in an airsoft shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

Rocky,if im right i think you were told to ask here from the shooting forums?Airsoft guns aren't what your looking for,your looking for a .177 air pistol/co2 pistol.These are much more power full then an airsoft gun .Theres some good guys on the shooting fourm that know about co2 guns.But heres a link if you cant find what your looking for http://www.surplusstore.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/1520 you can how ever get an airsoft desert eagal which will be easier to get,cheaper and wont come under the same licensing laws but the power will be,as said in other reply's, under 1 joule.

And as for breaking glass and shooting holes in things,that not what airsoft guns are for.If your just going to be plinking targets in your garden then ull be fine.As for what bbs to use.The higher the weigh the more accuracy ull have but a lower fps and it comes down to having a go hop-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

This belongs in the shooting forum, he needs a licence, a place to shoot, possibly gun club membership, a proper reason to own a firearm and so on.

If he just wants to shoot glass and cans and god knows what else and wants as destructive a thing as possible he is in the wrong place because its not airsoft he wants.

I think hes changed hes mind.I read hes post yesterday and i think hes decided not to get the .177 due to needing permits and all that.And no offense to rocky, but i think hes just unaware of the laws and regulations regarding airsoft.

Rocky the best this you could do is have a read off the airsoft charter and then come back when you up to speed on things and ask a few questions and im sure the lads will be happy to help you out and recommend a few guns to you and where you can pick one up if your still interested

• Advertisement

This belongs in the shooting forum, he needs a licence, a place to shoot, possibly gun club membership, a proper reason to own a firearm and so on.

If he just wants to shoot glass and cans and god knows what else and wants as destructive a thing as possible he is in the wrong place because its not airsoft he wants.
    Ah come on give him a break hes obviously new to all this,you cant just jump to conclusions on what hes going to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

rockey1 wrote: »
    Hello People,

could someone help i was going to get the Desert Eagle CO2 Blowback Pellet Pistol but its to hard to get, so im thinking on getting a desert eagle airsoft now what would be a powerful FPS to get i would like one that would go through a tin can and would plastic BBs break glass?

and if use know of any good sites to get one from that wood be great and also whats the best size of a bb is the 0.25g the best?

Thanks Guys
    Underlined bold term is very relevant to Stercus' reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Hi Rockey there is a Ban on most "Real" pistols in the Republic of Ireland now.
    So you would probably find it extremely difficult to get a licence for a real one.
    Even the Pellet guns that fire the 4mm Metal Pellets are considered Firearms and not legal
    to own without a licence. You also cannot own a pistol without being a member of a club.
    (Club membership could be 580 Euros starting off and a licence would be 80 Euros)

A Legal 1j Airsoft Pistol that uses either 134a/Propane or CO2 gas will be fine for some casual back yard plinking.

Orange Clays (from Clay pigeon shooting) are easy to break
    from a .20g BB with a sub 1j pistol.

Here's a Pic from my back garden last winter.
    I was shooting holes through Ice and Clays.
    All perfectly Legal and in the cold. With the Gun fireing
    less than 328fps with a .2g Plastic BB!
    (It wont go through a tin can but it will go through a layer of ice or break some targets)
    ice2.jpg
    ice1.jpg

Also you can get Desert Eagle Airsoft Pistols (This one uses 134a and green gas)
    Its also full metal and cost at the time somewhere around the 120-160 Euro I think.
    DE_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Blonde moment, I thought he meant a drinks can rather than things like bean tins etc :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Si Co15

If the Pistol in question is close to 1 joule then it can go trough bean cans but not usually on the first shot, being a pistol you may need to reload it before it goes through.

It will usually go trough a beer can on the first go if empty and often can go trough the other side, will cause a leak and spray if full.

It can break beer bottles but usually after quite a few shots, and sometimes wont break at all if there is any liquid left in the bottle.

Also don't buy CO2 as the gas ones are better cheaper and around the same price.
    Also don't buy gas ether as AEG are way better then both and cheaper more reliable fully auto and high cap mags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

There is also at the moment someone selling
    a Chrome Coloured DE over on adverts section:
    (This is ABS/Plastic body though not metal)
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=67832820#post67832820

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Si Co15 wrote: »
    If the Pistol in question is close to 1 joule then it can go trough bean cans but not usually on the first shot, being a pistol you may need to reload it before it goes through.

It will usually go trough a beer can on the first go if empty and often can go trough the other side, will cause a leak and spray if full.

It can break beer bottles but usually after quite a few shots, and sometimes wont break at all if there is any liquid left in the bottle.

Ok ive never seen a re-enforced can such as a baked beans being holed by a .20 bb from a sub 1 j pistol or aeg as for braking glass bottles, i have a particular empty beer bottle thats taken thousands of direct hits and not a sight ot a crack never mind braking or smashing

must ask NakedDex what sub 1 joule pistols can do to objects such as bottles and re enforced tins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭rockey1

Thanks guys for all the info i know abit better now, i am new to this i was wanting a gun for just some fun in the back garden but i wanted one with some power cause i got one in spain one time and its really bad and you have to reload it every time you shoot

I have emailed this site two times but they will not get back its http://www.hobbyairsoft.ie and they have a gun i like its

http://www.hobbyairsoft.ie/products.php?airsoft=Desert-Eagle-Co2-Blowback-Semi---Full-auto&cmd=detail&id=090502&cat=01&subcat=02

i just wanted to know the FPS would anyone know? and is it any good? it says full metal dose this mean the hole body or just parts?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Once this thread stays in check im happy to leave it be.
    Right airsoft device plastic bb's good.
    Metal pellets and pellets=airgun not airsoft.
    now back on topic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Si Co15

Gatling wrote: »
    Ok ive never seen a re-enforced can such as a baked beans being holed by a .20 bb from a sub 1 j pistol or aeg as for braking glass bottles, i have a particular empty beer bottle thats taken thousands of direct hits and not a sight ot a crack never mind braking or smashing

must ask NakedDex what sub 1 joule pistols can do to objects such as bottles and re enforced tins

I will make a video and stick it on the you tube if you like, Although I no longer have my gas gun

Breaking the bean can (just regular been tin) it needs to be on fully auto and it just keeps denting it till it goes trough, and the glass beers the bottle shows no damage until it shatters.

I just use regular beer bottles Heineken and corona (coronita in spain).

Advertisement