Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online gaming

Options
  • 04-09-2010 3:48am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭

Ok so looking to build a gaming pc. what exactly do i need in order to play online? i have the rest of the pc i just dont know what to do at this point.
    network adaptor or something?

also, do i need a soundcard?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

sea_monkey wrote: »
    Ok so looking to build a gaming pc. what exactly do i need in order to play online? i have the rest of the pc i just dont know what to do at this point.
    network adaptor or something?

also, do i need a soundcard?

thanks

You need broadband and have your pc connected to it by LAN card and LAN cable or a wireless LAN card and connect wirelessly.

Lan card = built into motherboard.

Soundcard = built into motherboard. You can buy a better quality one if you are unhappy with the quality of the on board sound.

Wireless LAN = Usually you have to buy this separate, this can be built into some motherboards.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

you could also buy a usb wifi dongle to pick up a wireless signal

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

ha yea i was thinking those things would all be built in.

i havent a clue what im doing just learning about each part as i go along

bitta craic

thanks

ok so this is what i have, what did i do wrong :P

pickandmix.gif

dont know if i like the case and i think that 460 is a bit much

Advertisement