Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When can Garda break the speed limit?

Options
  • 04-09-2010 6:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi there,

I am new to this Boards.ie craic and was wondering if anyone can clarify something for me? I was wondering if anyone would know when can the Gardai use speeds in excess of the National Speed Limits? For example, can they break the speed limits when they are transporting someone who has committed an offence or is suspected of committing an offence, or do they have to adhere to the limits like all other motorists? Cleary they are allowed to use excessive speed in the event of an emergency, but are the supposed to break the speed limit when they are transporting a member of the public in circumstances which is not an emergency? I hope there is somebody out there who could clarify the above points, Thanks.

Comments

Advertisement