Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

aldi laptop

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

It's a decent set up, how good the parts are I don't know, but I bought a PC (medion again) from Aldi before and was fdelighted with it. I may be buying one of those myself, I'll have a look at prices and things and get back to you on value

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Formosa

Hi, sorry to jump in like this but could I have similar views on their desktop please?

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_14008.htm?WT.mc_id=2010-09-03-12-21

The desktop- You wouldn't use for gaming, the GPU is quite weak in it (will play anything about 2 years old at medium settings) but for anything else, it's a steal.

You know, I'm gonna say feck it and go ahead with the laptop. I'm probably gonna buy one tomorrow too actually, looking at it. unless anyone else can see any problems. Had a quick look around, and the 600 quid mark seems to have very similar computers, with much smaller screens, and smaller hard drives... It's your choice, I'd say go for it unless anyone with more knowhow than me can come along and say no.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Sack

I reckon that's a decent setup for the price they are asking. Nothing wrong with the Aldi machines from what I've heard. One or two friends have purchased them and been happy out with what they got.

• Advertisement

Sack wrote: »
    I reckon that's a decent setup for the price they are asking. Nothing wrong with the Aldi machines from what I've heard. One or two friends have purchased them and been happy out with what they got.

Exactly what I thought, It's the same machine under a different name really... I'm buying one in the morning :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭feicim

thanks for input guys. i bought the laptop.

i'm most impressed with the non-glossy HD screen. It was a nice surprise.

All the other laptops I looked at had HD screens that are like mirrors. In my opinion there is no point having a HD screen if all you can see in it is your own mush:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

feicim wrote: »
    thanks for input guys. i bought the laptop.

i'm most impressed with the non-glossy HD screen. It was a nice surprise.

All the other laptops I looked at had HD screens that are like mirrors. In my opinion there is no point having a HD screen if all you can see in it is your own mush:p

Especially if you catch a glimse of yourself mid fap

Advertisement