Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish skeptical podcast and blog!

Options
  • 04-09-2010 9:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

Just found this, thought ye might enjoy it :)

http://skepticireland.com/

I'm currently downloading the (only) two episodes, so can't say whether it's good or not ;)

Great to see though!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 jimminy-boi

I've enjoyed the first two episodes so far. It's great having a local podcast to listen to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Listened to the first one and thought it was quite good :)

Second one is good too. They're in the beer garden recording it and some randomer overhears them and joins in the discussion :p There's Ireland for ya

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

Dave! wrote: »
    Second one is good too. They're in the beer garden recording it and some randomer overhears them and joins in the discussion :p There's Ireland for ya

gotta love that!
    beer garden is where all discussions should take place!
    all serious ones anyway :P

bump

Just FYI there's about 8 episodes of this available now

And you can subscribe on iTunes

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

bump

Just FYI there's about 8 episodes of this available now

And you can subscribe on iTunes
    Great stuff!!:)

Hey here's another one that I didn't know about!

http://www.occamsbarbershop.com/

Haven't listened to any yet, but will get around to it soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

Hey here's another one that I didn't know about!

http://www.occamsbarbershop.com/

Haven't listened to any yet, but will get around to it soon :)

Hiya! I'm Cian, one of the hosts of Occam's Barbershop, the guy who came up with the idea and the guy who books interviews for the show. While we are currently off air, we will be returning next week with more shows, and were wondering if anybody had anything that they would like us to cover? Anybody they would be interested in hearing interviewed on the show? (Of course, keeping in mind that since we are on a student radio station, we have to keep to subjects that would most likely interested students. We aim to propagate skepticism through humour and information. And it can be VERY hard to get people who don't agree with us to come on the show, as is shown by our interview record. Multiple times we have had people who believe in all manner of things drop out on us)

Also, if anybody is going to QED, come find me! I'll have a HUGE Occam's Barbershop banner hung up somewhere near other Irish Skeptics.

Advertisement