Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SWORDS POSTOFFICE MOVING TO PAVILLIONS

Options
  • 04-09-2010 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

Apparently one of the girls working there mentioned that they were moving to the shopping centre.Anybody know any more??:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

They already have that big green box where you can weigh and post things in the pavilions
    Can't think of a reason why they'd move :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭dan_d

Do they??

Seems like a very strange move for them to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Maybe they're looking for a bigger space. It could become some sort of main hub or something. Not too much disruption from the move I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

Tis true indeed heard about this awhile ago. They are moving in accross from the bargin shop place beside Pennys in October.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

This will make parking more convenient for the post office.

Could they stretch to opening at lunch time, do we think? I think it's totally unreasonable that they close from 1 - 2.15 every day in such a large town. There's plenty of staff to cover staggered lunch breaks.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

There's no shortage of empty units in the Pavilions for them to move into.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

pinkypinky wrote: »
    This will make parking more convenient for the post office.

Could they stretch to opening at lunch time, do we think? I think it's totally unreasonable that they close from 1 - 2.15 every day in such a large town. There's plenty of staff to cover staggered lunch breaks.

Standard lunch for all PO's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Not in Balbriggan. ;) The PO opens through lunch there.

If it is to open in the Pavilions I'd like to see it opening out onto the Main St - down the Penneys end rather than right in the middle of the shopping centre.

None of the city centre ones close at lunch time.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

dan_d wrote: »
    Do they??

Seems like a very strange move for them to make.

Its on the ground flour, heading for the carpark. Opposite easons side entrance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Lunchtime and early Saturday closing is due to them being a "sub" post office which is a ludicrous situation given the size of the town

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Eoineo wrote: »
    Not in Balbriggan. ;) The PO opens through lunch there.

If it is to open in the Pavilions I'd like to see it opening out onto the Main St - down the Penneys end rather than right in the middle of the shopping centre.

The old Halifax branch on the other side of the road opposite Penneys would have been perfect. That's lying empty now but I suppose a location like that would cause a lot of illegal parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭ToyotaCorolla

The reason for the move is that the office will be a new style post office, swords being the "guinea pig", it will be open on a sunday too hence the new location

Layout will be different too.;)

Sounds good. I like the idea of opening on a sunday. Meant to say those parcel machines are very handy, i used one lately for the first time in a applegreen station and was impressed. I wouldnt have had time to get a post office otherwise

The reason for the move is that the office will be a new style post office, swords being the "guinea pig", it will be open on a sunday too hence the new location

Certainly approve of that news, especially if they manage to open at lunch time!

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

I hope they divide the queue into two sections,

1. Receiving Payments eg. Disability, Job Seekers ETC.
    2. Other Post office business, Posting of Parcels, Letters, Bill Pay ETC.

The queue at the current post office can be out the door at stages & having it divided might help.

Swords also needs a third post office up the Manor / Applewood end, this would then mean that Swords is divided nicely into three areas which should help with the overall overuse of the one in the town,

1. Rivervalley (Swords South)
    2. Pavilions (Swords Central)
    3. Manor/Applewood (Swords North)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I read lately either in the Fingal Independent or the North County Leader, that An Post is opening a large post office in the Pavilions. If I remember correctly they said it would be near Penneys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

I have to something to a PO Box in swords. Anyone know where I can just drop it off to? working near swords today.

cheers

Gar

gar wrote: »
    I have to something to a PO Box in swords. Anyone know where I can just drop it off to? working near swords today.

cheers

Gar

Are you looking for a Post Office in Swords?

If you are there's one behind the Main Street at the back of the Mall, there is also one at Rivervallry SC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

miss typed there.
    I have a package that has to be sent to a PO Box number in swords. Does anyone where in Swords the PO Box number parcels are sent to? just want to drop it off direct if I can

cheers

Gar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Call Swords Post Office on 01 840 4164.

gar wrote: »
    miss typed there.
    I have a package that has to be sent to a PO Box number in swords. Does anyone where in Swords the PO Box number parcels are sent to? just want to drop it off direct if I can

cheers

Gar

Delivery office up the lane on the rathbeale road perhaps

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Thank god because that post office is manky :P

Work seems to be well under way on this new post office passed by it at the weekend and the signs were up outside.

Does anyone know if it's opened yet as I haven't been down to the Pavillions in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

celticbest wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it's opened yet as I haven't been down to the Pavillions in a while.
    Yep it's far better than the old stinky place!

As i went in a member of staff explained the new ticketing system. However one silly thing is you have to take a ticket even where there is obviously no queue!
    It should be good for those who dont want social welfare service on those busy days tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭clayton1

can anyone tell me the opening hours? or if it is open late-ish tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Why not just call them. I posted the number above some time ago.

clayton1 wrote: »
    can anyone tell me the opening hours? or if it is open late-ish tonight?

Opening Hours,

9am to 6pm Mon - Wed
    9am to 8pm Thurs - Friday
    9am to 6pm Sat
    12pm to 5pm Sun

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/News+and+Information/New+Swords+Post+Office.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

I wish they would put a post box somewhere on or around Main St. in Swords. It's such a pain in the neck having to go into that centre. I was told off earlier for bringing my dog in to Swords Central to post my letters. I couldn't tie her outside as she would react badly. They were all stamped and ready to go. The nearest postbox that's not on private property is AFAIK on Rathbeale Rd. which is a bit of a trek in the snow.

It seems Clarkes Centra on the Main St. is looking to get a mini postoffice or at the very least a post box but if it's on their property that won't be much use to me if I wanna post a letter while out walking the dog.

Advertisement