Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Plan B

• 04-09-2010 11:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭

Just a quick show and tell, I have a wedding on today and as you can see the weather has turned for the worse. I always give myself a plan b for circumstances like this, in this case I had a look around the reception two weeks ago and found some nice places that can work very well, I also bring the lastolite hi-light and two lights that I set up and use for some of the formals. Anyway enough about me :) whats your plan b for a wedding?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Pretty similar, always get a look at the location beforehand in order to find any useful rooms etc.
    Always have a chat with staff at the reception location also as it may get you access to areas that arent always in use.
    Extra lighting etc.

I also carry a collection of Umbrellas and Wellyboots in the car too, as i think it would work for a few shots with the right couple.
    Never had the opportunity yet to use them though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I have a couple of umbrellas but must pick up a white one, that would work well in the rain

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

My Plan B is to put Marshmellows in my ears are run away yelling "Save me from the Cashews" as loud as I can.

Maybe this is why I don't do Weddings. Then again, this is my normal stress response.

There is no Plan B.

1983-gmc-vandura-a-team-van.jpg

Do ye guys ever do photos in the rain or stormy weather? I'd imagine, with crap weather being fairly common in Ireland, it's difficult to avoid?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭milos

When the bride is happy and you have plenty of umbrellas and a helpful driver the sun always shines

4956834959_b0c49ec3ae.jpg
    wet Wedding by milos5, on Flickr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

As yourself I always check out the venues beforehand. Usually between church and reception there are enough areas to get some nice indoor shots. I also like to take shots in the bridal suite too, often there is not enough chance of this when the sun is shining so it tends to be saved for the rainy days. There have been occasions where neither the reception area or ceremony location had ample opportunity for bad weather and in these cases I did arrange a stop off option, thankfully I have not yet had any need for these though. I don't bring background and lights to be honest, studio style shots just arent the type of things I would associate with a wedding but I would be interested in having a look if you have any online. Linkage?

White umbrellas are hard to come by, the clear ones with white edges are handy enough to get though.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭thinktwice

White umbrellas are hard to come by, the clear ones with white edges are handy enough to get though.[/QUOTE]

Penny's have them sometimes that's where I get mine. Was saved one day a few weeks ago, the bride literally stepped out of the church and it rained! The driver had three white umbrellas I could have kissed him lol! I always check out the hotels I'm not familiar with a week or so beforehand, it takes away any stress that could set in if the worst happens and it rains. I'm the same about the studio lighting, don't bring it either but would be interested to see what they look like! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

It's easy to get large white golf umbrellas in any of the golf shops.

Yeah but golf ones usually have some sort of writing ont hem, I have heard pennys do them at times but anytime anybody has told me they are ins tock by the time I get there they are gone, so for me, large white umbrellas have been hard to come by!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭32finn

I used shoot through brollies before i got some proper ones! Done the job but thankfully didnt have to use too often.

• Advertisement

I was actually thinking of using them before but thankfully I have only had 2 weddings with rain and the brides had brollies. Maybe for the next one I will just throw a shoot through in the boot.

Advertisement