Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭realgolfgeek

a 7 on a Par 5 bring harry to +2. Another missed cut no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,751 ✭✭✭abff

a 7 on a Par 5 bring harry to +2. Another missed cut no doubt.

The cut doesn't take place until after round 3, so there's plenty of time for Padraig to recover and make the cut.

abff wrote: »
    The cut doesn't take place until after round 3, so there's plenty of time for Padraig to recover and make the cut.

He's going to need a miracle the way the scoring is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

He's going to need a miracle the way the scoring is.

He's playing the most difficult of the 3 courses if you look at the colours beside the names. St. Andrews is always the easiest course!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭murphdogg11

Padraig needs to get real and be honest with himself. In every interview he comments about how well he is hitting the ball but his scores don't reflect this in any way at the moment. His golf game is definitely at its lowest ebb.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Pappa Charlie

Padraig needs to get real and be honest with himself. In every interview he comments about how well he is hitting the ball but his scores don't reflect this in any way at the moment. His golf game is definitely at its lowest ebb.

We sure love to build people up in Ireland and make hero's off them but boy can we kick them when they are down! Eaten bread is soon forgotten!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,617 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

We sure love to build people up in Ireland and make hero's off them but boy can we kick them when they are down! Eaten bread is soon forgotten!

This is a thread about Padraig. Are you suggesting that we just continue to treat him as if he is doing well? Or maybe ignore him now he isn't doing so well

I would be happier to think that even though he isn't doing too well at the moment there are many people still interested in him, clearly not just glory hunters.

Or is your suggestion that we ignore them all the time to avoid any negative comments?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Pappa Charlie

Leroy42 wrote: »
    This is a thread about Padraig. Are you suggesting that we just continue to treat him as if he is doing well? Or maybe ignore him now he isn't doing so well

I would be happier to think that even though he isn't doing too well at the moment there are many people still interested in him, clearly not just glory hunters.

Or is your suggestion that we ignore them all the time to avoid any negative comments?

I'm sure your comments will be a great help to him

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I'm sure your comments will be a great help to him

give it a rest will you please?

bogey bogey finish to finish at +4.
    A tie for 155th.

it's getting worst.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Ahh so the cat is out of the bag :D

catbag_zps2ba6b2a1.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I dont get you? I had my posts edited by a fellow moderator? Whats wrong I with that?!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Whats wrong I with that?!

Well I suppose if you don't have a problem with it then neither do I :o:P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,751 ✭✭✭abff

I'm a huge PH fan, as anyone who has followed my postings on this thread has probably guessed. I'm very worried about his form at the moment and I really hope he can turn it around. And maybe I'm a bit overoptimistic about his future prospects, but I don't think I've lost touch with reality and I know it's very unlikely that there's a magic switch that will allow Padraig to get back to the standard at which he used to play.

But I have nothing but respect for him. I think he has brought great honour to himself and to this country, not only by his achievements but also by the way in which he has conducted himself.

And that is what most saddens me when I see people posting on here who seem to be taking glee in his ongoing misfortunes. The minute he gets a double bogey, someone proclaims "that's another missed cut." When he has a good round, they say "It's not going to last." I just don't understand their motivation. Is it just old fashioned begrudgery or is it something more pathological?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 802 ✭✭✭m r c

abff, I'm the very same as you.
    Don't pass any heed of them if they believe that it either means we or they are deluded. And if it's for a reaction it means there are trolls on boards :-o

Whenever he hits his own rock bottom and goes f**k this I'm better than this he'll improve because at this stage it looks like its a belief thing or a confidence thing. Stuff he shouldn't be suffering from but that's golf. I was off today and watching the golf and there were a good few shots of him and he never looked comfortable or even relaxed. And as I type I'm thinking the very strengths he had (the mental edge) seem to have become his weakness.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,617 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

And that is what most saddens me when I see people posting on here who seem to be taking glee in his ongoing misfortunes. The minute he gets a double bogey, someone proclaims "that's another missed cut." When he has a good round, they say "It's not going to last." I just don't understand their motivation. Is it just old fashioned begrudgery or is it something more pathological?

What do you want people to say? Another shocking round today, is it begredgery for me to say the obvious? Not sure how you can imply that people are taking glee out of it, many people just don't believe at this stage that is anything other than a permanent situation. It seems reasonable to assume that whatever he had to make him such a force, he no longer has it.

Unlike Tiger who had his bad years but apart from not landing another major is back on form, PH has shown no hint of anything other than being a mid pack plodder this year.

The fact that people are looking to other players not taking part in tournaments so that he can make the invite list is the clearest sign that he no longer is considered within the top echelon of the sport

m r c wrote: »
    And if it's for a reaction it means there are trolls on boards :-o

Absolutely nothing to do with trolling !
    It's a subject that's of interest to me.

I'm a huge PH fan, as anyone who has followed my postings on this thread has probably guessed. I'm very worried about his form at the moment and I really hope he can turn it around. And maybe I'm a bit overoptimistic about his future prospects, but I don't think I've lost touch with reality and I know it's very unlikely that there's a magic switch that will allow Padraig to get back to the standard at which he used to play.

But I have nothing but respect for him. I think he has brought great honour to himself and to this country, not only by his achievements but also by the way in which he has conducted himself.

Seriously ?
    Just cause he's Irish, and what's he's achieved, I can't state the obvious that he's playing sh1te golf ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Seriously ?
    Just cause he's Irish, and what's he's achieved, I can't state the obvious that he's playing sh1te golf ?

That's all you have been saying for as long as I've been looking at this thread. Why do you need to keep repeating it?

• Advertisement

First Up wrote: »
    That's all you have been saying for as long as I've been looking at this thread. Why do you need to keep repeating it?

I'm repeating myself as much as other people are repeating themselves

btw, there is an ignore list if you don't like my comments.

btw, there is an ignore list if you don't like my comments.

I'm pretty indifferent to them. Just curious why you feel you have to keep saying the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Russman

interesting article here

http://www.irishgolfdesk.com/news-files/2013/9/26/good-news-harrington-has-the-fear-again.html[/QUOTE]

A good article indeed. Pretty much a fair summary of his career in the early days.

I'm pretty indifferent to them. Just curious why you feel you have to keep saying the same thing.

because it's the same answer to so many comments, ridiculous comments at that ..

he'll turn it around
    he's close to getting back
    it's the caddys doing
    it's the coaches doing
    he needs a stint in europe, it's a birdie fest in the states..
    blah blah blah.....

Absolutely ZERO evidence he'll turn it around.
    Close to getting it back ? yeah, sure ...
    Caddy my ar$e
    Coach ?
    Birdie fest in the states ... what the hell is Europe ... I'd say He'd do worst in Europe !!

I'm not going to let his nationality, or my nationality get in the way of reality, which apparantely is the case for many here !

because it's the same answer to so many comments, ridiculous comments at that ..

he'll turn it around
    it's the caddys doing
    it's the coaches doing
    blah blah blah.....

Caddy my ar$e
    Coach ?
    Birdie fest in the states ... what the hell is Europe ... I'd say He'd do worst in Europe !!

I'm not going to let his nationality, or my nationality get in the way of reality, which apparantely is the case for many here !

Your insistence that he is finished is at least as tiresome as any speculation or hope that he isn't.
    I have no idea if he will come back or not but as Henrik Stenson has shown, it can be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Russman

he'll turn it around
    it's the caddys doing
    it's the coaches doing
    blah blah blah.....

Caddy my ar$e
    Coach ?

Fans always look for a positive, real or imagined, no harm in that.
    Its sport, its opinions, nobody's right, nobody's wrong. I don't think there's anyone on here who actually thinks he's playing well, its patently obvious he's not. However golf is such a fickle game you just never know when a good round or tournament will come to pass. I hope PH does well, I also think he's crazy, but I'm realistic in that I think he probably won't do well.

Its the sense of pleasure that some posters appear to get out of his poor play that riles people IMO. With 3 majors, he's already one of the greats of the game and has nothing to prove to any of us keyboard warriors.

Your insistence that he is finished is at least as tiresome as any speculation or hope that he isn't.
    I have no idea if he will come back or not but as Henrik Stenson has shown, it can be done.

So it works both ways ..... people don't like my comments, and I don't like some other peoples comments ....
    it's a forum, it's the internet ... that's what it's about.

Good example of Stenson, and Yes, it can be done ...
    My own opinion however, is that it won't happen to PH.

Yes, I think we have noticed your opinion. If you have anything else to say, be sure to let us know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

I think Padraigs a great fella

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement