Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,751 ✭✭✭abff

Disappointing final round for Padraig today, with 2 double bogeys in the space of 4 holes on his front 9. Not sure where this leaves him for the Turkish Airlines Open.

He has moved from 72nd to 67th on the money list, which suggests he will get in based on the entry list shown on the European Tour website. I guess this could change if a number of players from the top 50 in the world rankings decide to enter, although there be a cut off point for entries and, if so, this would leave Padraig with one last opportunity to make the top 60.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dero123

abff wrote: »
    Disappointing final round for Padraig today, with 2 double bogeys in the space of 4 holes on his front 9. Not sure where this leaves him for the Turkish Airlines Open.

He has moved from 72nd to 67th on the money list, which suggests he will get in based on the entry list shown on the European Tour website. I guess this could change if a number of players from the top 50 in the world rankings decide to enter, although there be a cut off point for entries and, if so, this would leave Padraig with one last opportunity to make the top 60.

He is in the field for the Turkish event, got in because so many of the top 50 are not playing and they had to start going down through the Race to Dubai money list to fill the field, think there are only two ranked lower than him in the field.
    Depending on results next week he is probably going to need a top 15 to qualify for Dubai, needs to make up 75k on the 60th man but McIlroy and Donald are at 61 and 62 and they will move into top 60 this week by just turning up

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭LinksLad

Dero123 wrote: »
    He is in the field for the Turkish event, got in because so many of the top 50 are not playing and they had to start going down through the Race to Dubai money list to fill the field, think there are only two ranked lower than him in the field.
    Depending on results next week he is probably going to need a top 15 to qualify for Dubai, needs to make up 75k on the 60th man but McIlroy and Donald are at 61 and 62 and they will move into top 60 this week by just turning up
    Thanks for the heads-up! That sums up what PH needs very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,617 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

That gives him a great chance for a morale boosting good finish (even a win!). He should he be aiming for a very high finish (I have no doubt he always does) and deliver on it.

That would end the season on a high and he can face into next year with confidence

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Really hopes he takes this chance - would love to see him make the top 60 and have a boost to his confidence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭realgolfgeek

Leroy42 wrote: »
    That gives him a great chance for a morale boosting good finish (even a win!).

And people wonder why this thread makes me laugh.
    The optimism, has gone beyond optimism at this point.

The optimism, has gone beyond optimism at this point.

And why does it make you laugh? It may be optimistic, but why shouldn't we be positive about one of our greatest ever sportsmen?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

And why does it make you laugh? It may be optimistic, but why shouldn't we be positive about one of our greatest ever sportsmen?

I think "hopeful" would be more appropriate than optimistic. There are always grounds for hope.

I've absolulely nothing against being positive.
    But I do have something against
    great chance, and win, in the same sentence ... let's get real, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,617 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I've absolulely nothing against being positive.
    But I do have something against
    great chance, and win, in the same sentence ... let's get real, please.

If there are only two people of higher ranking than him in the field that I would expect him to win. He has the experience which if he gets into a good position for Sunday it gives him all the advantages.

Whether or not he can take it is a different matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,887 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Leroy42 wrote: »
    If there are only two people of higher ranking than him in the field that I would expect him to win. He has the experience which if he gets into a good position for Sunday it gives him all the advantages.

Whether or not he can take it is a different matter.

There are only two ranked lower than Padraig.
    He has a very poor chance if his current form is anything to go by so there is very little cause for optimism.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I think most people just wonder why you continue to post in the thread tbh.

GreeBo wrote: »
    I think most people just wonder why you continue to post in the thread tbh.

Because it's a subject that I've alot of interest in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

He missed a great opportunity last weekend to get into the top 60. Finished every round 2 or 3 shots worse than he had been at some stage. Tied 5th half way through round 3 to tied 27. Will be interesting to see if he takes this weeks good putting stats to Turkey.

Because it's a subject that I've alot of interest in.

I know you say that, but it's hard to take you seriously. To most people on here, it seems as if you are just trying to stir things up for the sake of it.

I know you say that, but it's hard to take you seriously. To most people on here, it seems as if you are just trying to stir things up for the sake of it.

I'm not trying to stir things up, but when someone says he's a great chance of winning, c'mon...that's just insance.
    Yes, he's in an event, he has a chance of winning, a great chance, be realistic please !!!!!!!!

just watching the tiger Rory match...
    Rory just dogged Harrington for slow play while himself and tiger were walking to the first tee.
    they were chatting about their fastest rounds and Rory hours "ugh, I played with Harrington last week..."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Rory just dogged Harrington for slow play while himself and tiger were walking to the first tee.
    they were chatting about their fastest rounds and Rory hours "ugh, I played with Harrington last week..."

Was there much other chat? Will that be repeated, I must try catch it just for the conversation!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Harringtons latest review on facebook said that because he was playing with McIlroy he found that there were far more photographers than normal and puts a lot of his mistakes down to guys clicking in his backswing which is a joke tbh if it is happening but maybe he is just making up excuses.

ssbob wrote: »
    Harringtons latest review on facebook said that because he was playing with McIlroy he found that there were far more photographers than normal and puts a lot of his mistakes down to guys clicking in his backswing which is a joke tbh if it is happening but maybe he is just making up excuses.

don't think he's making excuses.
    That would drive anyone insane I think, even hackers like us !

• Advertisement

ssbob wrote: »
    Was there much other chat? Will that be repeated, I must try catch it just for the conversation!

they kinda compared Harrington to Keegan...harsh!
    I think there are a few repeats planned

Very classy Rory.

I find myself liking him less and less as time goes on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Very classy Rory.

I find myself liking him less and less as time goes on.

Ah in fairness ... massive fan of Padraig but he is painfully slow. I can totally understand a quick player being frustrated playing with him.

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Ah in fairness ... massive fan of Padraig but he is painfully slow. I can totally understand a quick player being frustrated playing with him.

I can understand him feeling that way. Saying it to Tiger when he knows his microphone is on is just disrespectful. Unfortunately, it seems to be not at all untypical for Rory.

I really got the feeling that Rory was almost like a young kid trying to impress the older kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

I really got the feeling that Rory was almost like a young kid trying to impress the older kid.

You got it in one GreeBo, Rory should become Rory . Not a Tiger hybrid.

At one stage Rory was going on about his Dad as if Tiger knew who he was on about.

At the end . Tiger went " Who ?"
    In a sort of sad voice Rory went " Dad".

Tiger is a class golfer. But Rory has everything. If he just lets himself be himself.

I was thinking it was just me and manflu. But no was odd for others.

One thing about Rory. His manners exemplary. It is harder by the day when it is all."rory" "rory" "sign this"

Tiger is a class golfer. But Rory has everything.

what do you mean by this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭DuckHook

I can understand him feeling that way. Saying it to Tiger when he knows his microphone is on is just disrespectful. Unfortunately, it seems to be not at all untypical for Rory.

Could have been a joke intended to be heard by harrington by somebody that knows him.

But sure why look at it this way when you have an ingrained stance on the guy.

DuckHook wrote: »
    Could have been a joke intended to be heard by harrington by somebody that knows him.

But sure why look at it this way when you have an ingrained stance on the guy.

have you watched it?
    they were not doing it for anyone bar themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭DuckHook

have you watched it?
    they were not doing it for anyone bar themselves.

Yet both were wearing microphones, hardly a private conversation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement