Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

madds wrote: »
    @2:54 of that McIlroy/Woods video Rory brings up the Dyson incident explaining to Tiger what happened. "Whoops" is Tiger's reply. :D

I thought it was more of interest that Rory said "it would have been ok if he tapped it down with a putter" ....... eh, no Rory. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭deko43

3 under after nine and not a double in sight......!! yet !!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

11 pars on the bounce, still -3 after 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭JohnnyLocke

Happy enough to see a bogey free 3 under today, albeit for 16 holes. Be nice to par 17 and birdie 18 in the morning. He had to be striking the ball well considering there's tons of water on the course. I think in 11 holes theres water in play. From this position the top 10 he needs is in reach.

listening to his recent interviews and reading his preview on his website this week he seems at peace with his all round game now and I'm absolutely delighted to see all his focus is now back on his chipping and putting!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Padraig - finished with a birdie round 1 , level after 5 round 2. (now -4)

It is an event your going to need to low score to be in top 10. Padraig is not scoring the birdie rate at the moment to be up there. He is going well - but the lads at top are scoring a birdie every 3 holes - there are 5 par 5s - so low all round.

• Advertisement

Padraig - finished with a birdie round 1 , level after 5 round 2. (now -4)

It is an event your going to need to low score to be in top 10. Padraig is not scoring the birdie rate at the moment to be up there. He is going well - but the lads at top are scoring a birdie every 3 holes - there are 5 par 5s - so low all round.

Scoring seems to be more difficult today with very few players going low. 5 under par now thru 7. Another solid 3 or 4 under round keeps him in good shape

Scoring seems to be more difficult today with very few players going low. 5 under par now thru 7. Another solid 3 or 4 under round keeps him in good shape

There is low scoring at top - but hopefully he gets to -7 , he may get on TV then. :

Come on Padraig. :)

Yes - got the 3 birdies on front - he is reading here. Now -6.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Still -6 after 12. C'MON Padraig. No sign of him on TV, but I don't care if he puts in a good round.

And there's the double! A 6 on the drivable par 4 15th with no water. oh Padraig

• Registered Users Posts: 5,753 ✭✭✭abff

And there's the double! A 6 on the drivable par 4 15th with no water. oh Padraig

Unfortunate. Got one back at the 17th, though. Hopefully he can get a 4 at the last to get back to 6 under.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,190 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

And one back at 18

Good man Padraig. bitta fight in him. birdie birdie finish

• Registered Users Posts: 5,259 ✭✭✭slingerz

is he on -6 so? what is the leader at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

slingerz wrote: »
    is he on -6 so? what is the leader at?

Yeah he finished -6. Current leader is at -11 but will likely be lower after 18.

Not bad - the double may be costly . Because, I think he needs to get to -15 to get top 12 here.

So 65 or two 68/67 - Big ask still. If he has a bad round here at all he is gone sadly. A bad round here will be even a 72.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

So frustrating.....double, just when he was going so well. -6 is not too bad, but -8 would have been so much better.

Padraig -7 now - needs to get to -10 to have a chance. Not picking up the Birdies - on 9th.

Yes - Eagle from nowhere - par 4 (10th)

Must have gone for it and holed chip - don't know yet.

Padraig -7 now - needs to get to -10 to have a chance. Not picking up the Birdies - on 9th.

how about going EAGLE, BIRDIE.

haha. c'mon Padraig keep the accelerator down

how about going EAGLE, BIRDIE.

haha. c'mon Padraig keep the accelerator down

He is unreal - just when you think - it is over / over he does something.

I love it.

I was there ok - he needs -4 on back nine here or that is the end of his year.

SO NO DOUBLE HOME PLEASE.

But when he gets like this he goes for everything. :o

• Advertisement

This is like watching the football scores on TELETEXT in the 80s - but a more modern way - because there is no way they will show Paddy - till he is top 5.

TELETEXT was faster than European Tour website.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 swinters69

Still waiting from Sky to show that eagle!!:mad::mad:

swinters69 wrote: »
    Still waiting from Sky to show that eagle!!:mad::mad:

Not great - they will show lads in Top 5 - or English lads.

What are you doing to me Paddy - another Birdie.

They must show him now (in time for downfall) Joking - I'd take par from there - job done so far - well done.

I'd say if they showed him now - even the mad eyes and tongue would be on the go.

-11 Get in there paddy!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Eaglebridie 32

11under through 13, now provisionally 59 RTD, go on Paddy keep it going!

Dont think i can handle the next 5 holes...one more birdie and i be happy!!!

11under through 13, now provisionally 59 RTD, go on Paddy keep it going!

Where did you see provisionally ?

Ok take par on next - lay up on next, try get up and down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

Ok take par on next - lay up on next, try get up and down.

Needs minimum of top 12 maybe better to get in to top 60

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement