Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I watched an hour of coverage while out for lunch and didn't see PH once. Is Ronan out for the rest of the tournament?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Severe dehydration, would never happen in Ireland with the amount of rain we're getting these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I watched an hour of coverage while out for lunch and didn't see PH once. Is Ronan out for the rest of the tournament?

Ronan Flood was unwell before they went out. Cashman was aware of this, and offered to help if needed. A replacement caddy was sent out, but Harrington decided to hold on to Cashman for the remainder of the round. Flood should be OK tomorrow.

Here's a bit of a report:

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2014/tournamentid=2014001/news/newsid=215169.html

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

what channel is it on and what time does coverage start..

Sky Sports 4 - starts about 11 a.m.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Sky Sports 4 - showing replay now until 6pm. Tomorrow at 10.30

• Registered Users Posts: 14,658 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

3 consecutive under par rounds for Pádraig so far this week. He's not going to win but could be pushing for a top 5 with perhaps a 68 tomorrow. 4 rounds under par and a top 5 finish (albeit in a small field) would be a very positive start to the season for him.

Another up and down day, but another round under par. Great to see. I just wish Sky would show a bit more of him. Great to see him playing a bit on the European tour. C'mon Padraig - another good round tomorrow, and build the confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭idle

T5 after that eagle at the 8th

Tommy fleetwood leading -11

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Going well - nice to see a big putt for eagle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Missed short birdie putt on 10 followed by tap in birdie on 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,190 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Going well - nice to see a big putt for eagle

I got a lie in this morning, just up, got a shock to see the leaderboard there

PARlance wrote: »
    I got a lie in this morning, just up, got a shock to see the leaderboard there

Yes they have to show him now - iron shot to stone dead on 11 - missed easy birdie on 10.

Double on the way. ;)

Jaysus - I hope they don't have that scorer on, that gave Paddy his best round in 2013.

His eagle could change to a 7 .

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭tigerwood1

what does he have to do to get more tv coverage, they have shown three puts in the last hour. go on padraig

oh no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

That was such a visible yip! What a shame.

A definite yip there for bogey

Unbelievable "yip" there. Back to -7

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Pressure

• Advertisement

thats two less than five foot he missed in the last five holes. hopefully he can got level par or better home for top ten finish for a good start to the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Just trying to think what his options are. He has had the yips now for quite some time and it's not nice to watch. I know he went to the belly putter last year but I wonder has he tried the broom type putter? If he doesn't anchor it to the body - it will still be legal next year.

tigerwood1 wrote: »
    thats two less than five foot he missed in the last five holes. hopefully he can got level par or better home for top ten finish for a good start to the season.

Yes a solid finish for a top 5 will do.

Yes - was a bit worried about the one he missed on par 5 - was poor.

But, tee to green he seems up there with the rest.

see he is -8 again missed that birdie:)

Do sky have control over what they show or are they just showing whatever they get from SA?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Just switched on, is Ronan Flood back on the bag?

idle wrote: »
    Do sky have control over what they show or are they just showing whatever they get from SA?

Lads I do agree with this to an extent - but typically Sky are taking a feed from a company.

I do think we are a bit over-sensitive about it. :)

A bit Irish about it.

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Just trying to think what his options are. He has had the yips now for quite some time and it's not nice to watch. I know he went to the belly putter last year but I wonder has he tried the broom type putter? If he doesn't anchor it to the body - it will still be legal next year.

Did you listen to the Newstalk interview? He talked about it quite a bit. He was more or less saying the type of putter wasn't the issue, it was his confidence (reading greens mainly). With that, I don't think he'll be changing to broom.

PARlance wrote: »
    Did you listen to the Newstalk interview? He talked about it quite a bit. He was more or less saying the type of putter wasn't the issue, it was his confidence (reading greens mainly). With that, I don't think he'll be changing to broom.

I know Paddy gets some stick, but it makes you think, if he didn't have the yips last year for example - he could have won a fair bit.

• Advertisement

He hasn't done much on last 4 all week.

So solid finish and a top 5 should do.

He does tend to go for a win in these situations - as in he goes hard at it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement