Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭tigerwood1

you never know if he post -9 :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

PARlance wrote: »
    Did you listen to the Newstalk interview? He talked about it quite a bit. He was more or less saying the type of putter wasn't the issue, it was his confidence (reading greens mainly). With that, I don't think he'll be changing to broom.

Yeah I listened to it alright. It's just that pulling the trigger with the broom is said to be easier if you have the yips. He has to do something... it's ruining his game.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

tigerwood1 wrote: »
    you never know if he post -9 :eek:

Na -11 - or lower will win this.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭irish_man

He was unlucky there. Good par all the same. One more birdie and you never know

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Na -11 - or lower will win this.

Kevin Na -11 :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,190 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

He birdied 17, onto 18 now!
    Eagle on the last to win it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Goldenjohn

Great putt on 17

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭irish_man

aw no. not the bunker

3 on last and it would be nice to post -10 first.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭e.r

If he posts -10 , could worry lads coming in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Goldenjohn

Siem holed his for eagle :)

Good round, well played PH.

Great round, looks like joint best round on final day.
    Not bad at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Paddy for a major in 2014:D

Brian Keogh ‏@IrishGolfDesk
    Harrington sums up his T5: “Bit like the end of last year - happy with how I’m hitting the ball but distraught with how I’m putting."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

116,761 euro for the first outing of the season.

Not to bad Padraig keep it going.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Is he really being overly tough on himself though in terms of putting? I didn't see any of it, but his putting stats are fairly comparable to the other guys that scored as well or better than he did.

He's 1.79 per gir, other guys are between 1.74-1.82.

He averaged 29.5, the others were between 28.5-30.5

I know that 1 putt per round makes a big difference at the business end of things, but going by the numbers its hardly shocking putting numbers?

But is the putts per GIR stat not skewed by the fact his iron play was very good... i.e. he should have had a few more 1 putts.

He also said after the round “I missed maybe 5 putts in the 5-6ft range and 3-putted 13 at a bad time."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭Russman

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    But is the putts per GIR stat not skewed by the fact his iron play was very good... i.e. he should have had a few more 1 putts.

He also said after the round “I missed maybe 5 putts in the 5-6ft range and 3-putted 13 at a bad time."

Yeah, the 3 putt was painful to watch. The putter was practically shaking on the way back, feel sorry for him that its come to this on the greens. Mind you, he has 116,000 reasons not to be too upset :)

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Eaglebridie 32

Without doubt an encouraging start to 2014, which despite his comments, when he reflects I would think would be a confidence boster for him. Playing next week in a very strong field so might give a better idea whether this week is the start of the revival. Here's hoping & best wishes etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

I thought it was a very solid round today. Yeah ok maybe let one or two putts go but at the same time he made some really nice ones too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

PH had four below par rounds which progressively got better on Saturday and Sunday. Weekend poor scoring was a big issue for him last year but it was encouraging to see him score -5 on a Sunday.

A top 5 for PH after recent poor form is an excellent start to the season, sure he could have been one better but I'll take a T5 finish in this first run out of the season.

Overall very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

He's Back!!!!

ForeRight wrote: »
    He's Back!!!!

Once he gets invests in a putting mat like Fix and I he'll be winning majors :p

I actually got a dose of the yips just looking at him earlier.
    Don't want to take away from a great weekend to start the year for him, but I've never seen a Pro so visibly have a dose of them.
    Chr*st, did I used to look like that! came into my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Again - I won't be too high or too low. Just realistic as Paddy himself is now.

Good start - Good tee to green. And some nice long putting and a good ratio on putting as Space said above.

A bit of a worry that the ones he missed were not even at the hole - you can see with the other lads - they are just over edge or a miss read. Paddy's were total pulls / jerks.
    The 2 I seen, he should have made at least 1.

Paddy is not going to compete in big fields in birdie fests - he just doesn't have the scoring ratio to win - even on a good week - he ended up -9 when the winner was -12. You could say that was 75% of the required score. Bigger and strong fields will fill that gap wit 20 players.

Sadly the majority of the season and most american events are going to be like that - a performance like that in a full field (Him even playing well) is going to have him near top 20. Sadly that will be a good week.
    But it is not all negative - the good news is that majors are not typically birdie fests - well, not as much average events. They are tougher and his tee to green will get him past most of the field.

The reason Louis won today was his Tee To green Stats.

This will shock the people obsessed with putting (as I am myself) - Paddy putting was ahead of Louis in Putts Per Round and Putts Per Regulation.

So for all the people who think that Paddy is finished in majors - I think they are wrong - the funny thing is ( I feel) - He has more of a chance in majors than the average week.

Again - I won't be too high or too low. Just realistic as Paddy himself is now.

Good start - Good tee to green. And some nice long putting and a good ratio on putting as Space said above.

A bit of a worry that the ones he missed were not even at the hole - you can see with the other lads - they are just over edge or a miss read. Paddy's were total pulls / jerks.
    The 2 I seen, he should have made at least 1.

Paddy is not going to compete in big fields in birdie fests - he just doesn't have the scoring ratio to win - even on a good week - he ended up -9 when the winner was -12. You could say that was 75% of the required score. Bigger and strong fields will fill that gap wit 20 players.

Sadly the majority of the season and most american events are going to be like that - a performance like that in a full field (Him even playing well) is going to have him near top 20. Sadly that will be a good week.
    But it is not all negative - the good news is that majors are not typically birdie fests - well, not as much average events. They are tougher and his tee to green will get him past most of the field.

The reason Louis won today was his Tee To green Stats.

This will shock the people obsessed with putting (as I am myself) - Paddy putting was ahead of Louis in Putts Per Round and Putts Per Regulation.

So for all the people who think that Paddy is finished in majors - I think they are wrong - the funny thing is ( I feel) - He has more of a chance in majors than the average week.

Problem is he has no major until July as things stand :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭abff

Padraig picked up 7.03 World Ranking points for yesterday's finish. Moves him from 134 to 121 in the rankings. The OWGR website has had a major facelift and looks much more modern, but some of the old functionality (for example, being able to look at the rankings within each country) seems to have disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

abff wrote: »
    some of the old functionality (for example, being able to look at the rankings within each country) seems to have disappeared.

It's there all right, there is a drop down menu at top of ranking list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

RikkFlair wrote: »
    It's there all right, there is a drop down menu at top of ranking list

But will it load for you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

AGC wrote: »
    But will it load for you?

Loads fine on Chrome, seems to crash Internet Explorer though...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement