Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

I am not sure. It was a headline I saw. Hopefully precaution. Not sure when it even took place

And a quick search reveals it's more about raising awareness...Thankfully:

http://www.independent.ie/sport/padraig-harrington-reveals-he-had-surgery-for-skin-cancer-30029592.html

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭A New earth

He is coming up on Pat Kenny on Newstalk Radio now talking about it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

phew i read the headline and got a fright. :( thankfully it looks like it was only done for precaution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Posted on Padraig's facebook...
    I am pleased to say that yesterday's story regarding skin cancer, is an old one that has resurfaced.

Three or four years ago I had four sun spots on the skin of my face removed but they were found to be non melanoma and therefore benign. Yesterday I was speaking about cancer of the oesophagus and the reference to my experience with cancer was taken out of context as it related to a few years ago, so I'm glad to say there is nothing at all to worry about as far as I know.

Padraig.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭JohnnyLocke

Tees off at 8:15am (1:15pm our time) with JB Holmes and Luke Guthrie on Thursday.

Another week of rollercoaster emotions in store here, especially considering this fantastic course contains the infamous and extremely difficult, Bear Trap! (Holes 14-17)

Also the Live@ feature on the PGA Tour website is back this week. Starting at 1pm our time there is coverage of the par 5 3rd hole and supplemental coverage of the 15th and 18th all the way to the close of play

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Watching Harrington on the PGATour website. Lovely shot into the Par 5 3rd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

-2 after 6 but 20% driving accuracy & 33% greens in regulation so far suggest he's holing a few putts.

Might be hard to keep scoring well with those stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭dball

pistol_75 wrote: »
    -2 after 6 but 20% driving accuracy & 33% greens in regulation so far suggest he's holing a few putts.

Might be hard to keep scoring well with those stats.

par, bogey, eagle, par, birdie, par, par, par - whats next??????????:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭newport2

dball wrote: »
    par, bogey, eagle, par, birdie, par, par, par - whats next??????????:eek::eek::eek:

Splash?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭newport2

-2 after 12

Keep it up Padraig

• Advertisement

Excellent scrambling front 9 and a solid back 9. Front 9 was like the Harrington of old, all over the place and still managed to shoot under par.

Main positive was the putting. Made some very good putts all day. the only disappointment was maybe missing the 8 footer on 17 after a world class approach!

Pity the wind hasn't got up now for the afternoon starters. If anything the conditions have become easier. Inevitably the wind will pick up tomorrow afternoon as this looks like the bad end of the draw. Certainly at the moment anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭dball

C'mon Paddy. go go go, fair play to him - from what i have read he played solid today.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dero123

Looks like another missed cut 3 over for the day,played two par fives in over par again. Only cut made in two months was the Volvo in South Africa and I think that was limited field event

Dero123 wrote: »
    Looks like another missed cut 3 over for the day,played two par fives in over par again. Only cut made in two months was the Volvo in South Africa and I think that was limited field event

Hasn't missed the cut yet! I just hope it's not another miss by one or two shots. Not great for the confidence. Big waste there on the par 5 3rd after a great drive. It's a very tough course that he hasn't played terribly. I hope he plays solidly for his last 6 holes and makes it on the number because he needs 4 days of competitive golf.

Also he made the cut at the AT and T at Pebble beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Par the last to make the cut...this'll be interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭abff

Par needed on the last to make the cut. Fingers (and everything else) crossed!

Just off the green, 19 feet from the hole. Needs to get down in two to make the cut.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

don't fook it up paddy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Needs to hole from 6ft to make the cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Shakey_jake

Come on paddy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Drive was a bit close to the water and fairway bunker for my liking (glad I didn't see it live!), but he got away with it. Oh wait, a putt of 6 feet to make the cut......ugh, can't look!

Bogey. Ouch. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Another missed cut. Head isn't right, I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Missed it. Feck!!!

Nite all.

B*gger. Third missed cut by bogeying the last this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dero123

That's the second or third event he has come up 18 needing par to make the cut inky to walk off with bogey. Did it in Phoenix as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,392 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Missed a 6 footer to make the cut.

Looking like a bleak year for him already.

19 feet from the hole in two. It's got to be psychological rather than physical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Sandwlch

abff wrote: »
    19 feet from the hole in two. It's got to be psychological rather than physical.

I would go for physical really. Touch fades at that age, and has for so many top golfers, even though psychologically they are at their most experienced when you think it should be the long game, distance, and stamina might wane. But in fact its the chips and the 6th putts that start to leak away the shots.

• Advertisement

Think he had a penalty anyway.. so finished +2

Brian Keogh ‏@IrishGolfDesk
    "Harrington's ball moved in the pine straw. Penalty. Had to chip in to make the cut and took 3. When things are going against you..."

Brian Keogh ‏@IrishGolfDesk 1m
    Harrington called the penalty on himself. #nosurprise

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement