Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Shocking showing thus far, come on big fella

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dero123

Birdies 17 from a bunker, then goes and bogies last hole yet again

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭JohnnyLocke

Shocking first round. Putted terribly. Hit the ball ok but any other golfer on tour playing half decent wouldve scrambled level par or +1 out of that.

On to today. Luckily the course doesnt really allow anyone shoot very low scores and a good round today gets him back in it. Pretty much anybody that makes the cut has a chance. Much like the last two weeks in Florida. I must say watching events where no more than 10 under wins, to me, is much more enjoyable.

Unfortunately the demons of having to deal with the cut will be in his head from the off this morning and we know how that has gone recently.

NOTE: Eastern Time in the US is actually only 4 hours behind now as they have their daylight savings before us. Harro tees off in 45 minutes (11:50am)

Good start. Up and down from 101 yards for birdie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Good start. Up and down from 101 yards for birdie.

Don't do it, don't let yourself believe. I can cope with the despair, it's the hope that I can't stand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,359 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I was going to watch him on shot tracker, but I am playing later today and i didnt want to be put off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭newport2

Harrington birdies the 7th to move to -2 for the day and inside the cut line...........

Great start I was looking at that hole he birdie, played it well. 27 footer for birdie should get the confidence up.

Jaysis, Harrington hits the ball some distance!

1226 yards on a par 3 into 60 feet!

21b3dhv.jpg

If he stays at +2 he should be ok for the weekend. Last 3 holes are key

• Advertisement

Good man Padraig, bogeys par 3 13th, bounces back with 11 ft birdie putt on 14, par 5

• Registered Users Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭abff

Good man Padraig, bogeys par 3 13th, bounces back with 11 ft birdie putt on 14, par 5

Usual rollercoaster of emotions being felt. I'm almost afraid to watch shot tracker for the last 4 holes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Another bogey. It's going to be another MC unfortunately. Cut line will probably get higher later on... probably 1 over will be the cut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

And another bogey at 17. I would really love to see Paddy take a year off. Give his brain and body a rest and come back fresh. It's such a shame watching him struggle week in week out when we all know the talent that he has.

Fair dues to Padraig. He's just birdied the last after missing the fairway and he's given himself a chance of making the cut. +3 may be one too many, but it might just make it.

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    And another bogey at 17. I would really love to see Paddy take a year off. Give his brain and body a rest and come back fresh. It's such a shame watching him struggle week in week out when we all know the talent that he has.

Birdy at the last to finish +3. We need the wind to pick up this afternoon :(

abff wrote: »
    Fair dues to Padraig. He's just birdied the last after missing the fairway and he's given himself a chance of making the cut. +3 may be one to many, but it might just make it.

It might. He's only 6 off the lead and everyone is finding it tough

newport2 wrote: »

+3 should make it comfortably come tonight. Fair play to him. That was a very good round today

+3 should make it comfortably come tonight. Fair play to him. That was a very good round today

Actually, I think you're probably right. Cut could go to +4 or higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Martin567

newport2 wrote: »

Certainly a vital birdie on the last. Unless scoring conditions completely change, +3 is pretty certain to qualify. It's gone from T89 to T76 in the last hour and half the field have yet to start. The cut could still drift out to +4.

• Advertisement

Yeah thats him made the cut. Loads of players around +2 not even teed off yet. Will be good seeing over the weekend for a change. You never know without the pressure of making a cut he could actually come good over the next two days, regardless he'll be in the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Martin567

Yeah thats him made the cut. Loads of players around +2 not even teed off yet. Will be good seeing over the weekend for a change. You never know without the pressure of making a cut he could actually come good over the next two days, regardless he'll be in the money.

+3 should be ok even though it's now drifted out to T81 again! About 6 hours play left so too early to be definite.

Incidentally, further credit to Padraig for his score of 70 as he was playing with John Daly who hit a 90!!

Good to see him birdie the last, albeit after consecutive bogies on 16 & 17. Hopefully he has a good weekend now

Hopefully he'll get to play on both days. At present, there are 85 players on +3 or better so there will be a third round cut. On the positive side, he's only 6 shots behind third place, so a good weekend could yield a top 5 finish.

abff wrote: »
    Hopefully he'll get to play on both days. At present, there are 85 players on +3 or better so there will be a third round cut. On the positive side, he's only 6 shots behind third place, so a good weekend could yield a top 5 finish.

How many make the cut from the 3rd round ? 70 and ties again ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Rikand wrote: »

I think it goes to 60 & ties.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,157 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Harrington makes the cut:D

woop woop

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I think it goes to 60 & ties.

In with a great shout so, if he can shoot something similar to what he shot today. Scores are to be got out there.

Rikand wrote: »

Yes, it's 70 and ties again.

• Advertisement

Don't tell me there's a third round cut cause too many players got through? If so it'll be another nervous day so!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement