Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,889 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

newport2 wrote: »
    Please don't do worse than par on the last!! I can't take another double to finish.

Fingers crossed!

Yes it is index 1.

Jaysus lads 458 yards a par 4 with water. :eek:

A great drive an amazing 6 iron.

Yes after an ok drive - 181 yards.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭JohnnyLocke

Done the first part. Found another fairway. 18 playing as the hardest hole today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭newport2

Yes it is index 1.

Jaysus lads 458 yards a par 4 with water. :eek:

A great drive an amazing 6 iron.

Yes after an ok drive - 181 yards.

Currently only one shot off second place!

Done the first part. Found another fairway. 18 playing as the hardest hole today.

He will just aim left middle.

This is his year - he is back :P

hopefully it is not your man from Turkey on the scoreboard again

is eagle was a 8 :pac:

• Advertisement

Made sure he didnt find the water. Hes in the back bunker in two. Not easy from there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭newport2

This is his year - he is back :P

Stop!

10 footer left to post 5 under......

Nice shot - but 50 - 50 or less for par.

Bogey to finish. 4 under total!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Jazzzman

shame

Without seeing the conditions - you feel if he is aiming for middle of green from 180 yards - he should hit it.

But well done - nice to see him up near the top.

You can believe or not believe in stats if you want.

But his driving is up 18 % now up to 60 %

His a little better than field in putting - his GIR are up.

He is not losing ground on field in putting.

The stats for today were impressive. I mentioned in a previous post how his driving has been on and off day to day.

Driving accuracy: 78.57%

Greens in Regulation: 77.78%

The stats for today were impressive. I mentioned in a previous post how his driving has been on and off day to day.

Driving accuracy: 78.57%

Greens in Regulation: 77.78%

But that sums up golf v stats - he had same round :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Lovely round from Padraig today - let's hope that gives him confidence going in to the weekend. Pity about the bogey on the last, but a fine round. Delighted for him.

Feels a bit weird not to be watching the cutline on a friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Goldenjohn

Without seeing the conditions - you feel if he is aiming for middle of green from 180 yards - he should hit it.

But well done - nice to see him up near the top.

The pros will never risk been short on that hole. The bunker he was in will be very busy all week.

Must see what wind is like.

How often should a top pro hit green from 180 - 8/10. ?

Goldenjohn wrote: »
    The pros will never risk been short on that hole. The bunker he was in will be very busy all week.

Will look at hole again - are you over water left ?

Even look at his playing partners, they were both on the exact same line as Padraig and he hit it a yard further and just about into the bunker. He didnt hit a bad shot when you consider how tough the hole is. Pity about the bogey. When you hit 3 good shots on a hole and you come out with bogey its a good indication that the hole is difficult.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Goldenjohn

From recollection its all water to the front maybe a little bit of the lhs is not over water but long is always the play. I would suggest He is not aiming for the middle of the green more the back. So if middle is 180, from 200 yrds hitting a yard or 2 long is a small margin of error, i presume if he is in the bunker the direction was good??
    I think tiger has holed a few monsters there in his time from the back of the green if memory serves me....

Goldenjohn wrote: »
    From recollection its all water to the front maybe a little bit of the lhs is not over water but long is always the play. I would suggest He is not aiming for the middle of the green more the back. So if middle is 180, from 200 yrds hitting a yard or 2 long is a small margin of error, i presume if he is in the bunker the direction was good??
    I think tiger has holed a few monsters there in his time from the back of the green if memory serves me....

I agree with what you are saying - but he will be disappointed not hitting green from there imo.

He had wrong club - was between went lower club - I'd say he was 7 or 6 or between clubs - looked at back as a better bail out as you say.

Will watch hole tonight. I think people say accuracy is better than distance - but that hole is an example on the tour - that you have to be long.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭Russman

I agree with what you are saying - but he will be disappointed not hitting green from there imo.

He had wrong club - was between went lower club - I'd say he was 7 or 6 or between clubs - looked at back as a better bail out as you say.

Will watch hole tonight. I think people say accuracy is better than distance - but that hole is an example on the tour - that you have to be long.

Haven't seen it, but sounds like he was taking the really serious trouble out of play if he was between clubs - like a good pro should I reckon. Probably figured he could get up and down from the back bunker but no way to get up and down from the lake.

Apparently Padraig has started with 3 pars, despite finding the water with his second on the par 4 3rd. He chipped in for par it seems. Nice bonus there after what wouldve been a costly mistake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Birdie on the par 5 fourth hole. -5 overall share of 12th.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Pity Scott is running away on his own as it would have been nice to see paddy going into a Sunday in the hunt

• Registered Users Posts: 20,359 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Paddy in the hunt for 2nd place is good enough ;)

Bogeys at 8 and 9 push him way down to tied 29th now

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Bogeys at 8 and 9 push him way down to tied 29th now

Pity about those bogeys. Let's hope he has a good round today - could finish with a nice enough cheque.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭abff

Pity about the three putt bogey from 22 feet on the 18th. Bad way to finish the round. Let's hope he puts it behind him and has a good round today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement