Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭abff

Shocking start by Padraig this afternoon. Double bogey at the first followed by bogey at the second.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭abff

And another shot gone at the third.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,889 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

abff wrote: »
    And another shot gone at the third.

Jesus :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I have been afraid to look! C'mon Padraig!

vienne86 wrote: »
    I have been afraid to look! C'mon Padraig!

Don't

• Advertisement

Silly me. I just did look. + 6 for the day so far. Dear oh dear oh dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭minstrel_boy

awful stuff from harry... two 3 putts in a row.. one from 33 feet and one from 26 feet.. also missed a 5 footer for birdie on 4th.
    Yet another meltdown... i really wish he would stop coming out after tournaments and making statements about how good a shape his game is in. Its getting embarrassing at this stage.
    I'll still be full of hope for him when he tee's it up next week but making a cut seems like a victory these days

I guess if he turns it around he should break 80.

That is depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

that might be the worst putting performance I've ever seen from a pro in 8 holes in what are decent conditions and good greens,shocking stuff tbh

I guess if he turns it around he should break 80.

That is depressing.

Well to break 80 now he'll need to pick up a birdie in the last three holes. I had high hopes for him this week, but today has been a meltdown.

• Advertisement

80 it is for today......groan.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

He's still in the horrors. I think his brain is fried at this point.

He's still in the horrors. I think his brain is fried at this point.

It's very disappointing. I just hope every time I see him play that this is it - four consistent rounds, and even though he keeps telling us that his game is in good shape, his head doesn't seem to be in the right place.

Looks like another calamitous day on the greens ahead. Missed a 3 footer on the second followed by an 8 footer on the fifth. got a birdie back fair play .. head not fried just yet

Promptly followed by a double bogey... +3 on the par 5s so far..He even managed to break shot tracker on that hole.. now my head is fried.. It's a hopeless task following the great man lately

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭JohnnyLocke

Christ, another short missed putt :( +4 thru 10

• Registered Users Posts: 20,359 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Christ, another short missed putt :( +4 thru 10

Somebody show Harrington this thread, Quick! http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057175007

followed by another 3 putt...
    folllowed by a missed 4 foot putt...
    This is woeful.. why will I be looking forward to next thursday again..madness

• Registered Users Posts: 20,359 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Harrington used to die putts into the hole. How is he hitting them 7 feet passed from 4 feet ? Needs to get back to the philosophy of letting the ball drop in, instead of trying to hammer it in which he must be doing now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Ah no. What score is he now?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Irish Golf Desk suggested on twitter that Harrington was trying out a new fat putter grip this week. It was unconfirmed however so might not be true.

Ach was really looking forward to watching tonight. I always look forward to another tournament as I genuinely believe things are going to come good for him this week......beginning to lose the faith though.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Irish Golf Desk suggested on twitter that Harrington was trying out a new fat putter grip this week. It was unconfirmed however so might not be true.

did he stick it on the face by accident?:mad:

Just saw the grip... looks like one of the big SuperStroke grips alright. They also showed a picture of his broken hotel window from last week... apparently practicing with some device in his room! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭peepee

Bob Torrance Interview
    I think this old article says it all. Kinda sad really.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dero123

Four over for the par fives, you can't contend playing them that badly

Finishes with a bogey on the par 5 18th. Shoots a 76, 4 over. Oh dear. Well for starters, the putter experiment needs to be abandoned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

GreeBo wrote: »
    did he stick it on the face by accident?:mad:

He should put it over his own face maybe:eek:

peepee wrote: »
    Bob Torrance Interview
    I think this old article says it all. Kinda sad really.

That's a great read. How things might have been different if other things remained the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Goldenjohn

Got a quick glimpse of him earlier, Looks like he has started losing sponsers now...front of the hat is blank. Wasnt that golfuzed or something?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement