Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭k.p.h

It's pretty awesome the way he matches all his regular swing positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Hunter21

Would he ever keep the driver in the bag :(

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Hunter21 wrote: »
    Would he ever keep the driver in the bag :(

Or even just try to take 10% effort out of the swing and keep it straight. He showed today that he could still easily win a tournament.

Did you see his last putt - once he was over the ball with the putter behind it he looked up at the hole 6 times??? 6. Surely he knew where the hole was after one or two - it was not going to move before he hit his putt.
    How anyone can play with him the amount of time that he takes over his short game is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Hunter21

nocal wrote: »
    Or even just try to take 10% effort out of the swing and keep it straight. He showed today that he could still easily win a tournament.

Did you see his last putt - once he was over the ball with the putter behind it he looked up at the hole 6 times??? 6. Surely he knew where the hole was after one or two - it was not going to move before he hit his putt.
    How anyone can play with him the amount of time that he takes over his short game is beyond me.

The commentators on sky (Who I usually think talk tripe) I agree with for once today, takes a long time over putts. But in fairness he is well up there in putting stats this year so we wont take that from him.

BUT!!!! sky did make a good comment that he was trying too hard to get extra juice out of shots, or trying too hard to pull off the spectacular. He was playing with Phil, but jesus no need to try be a rookie 18year old on tour by showing off..

Swing slow when the wind blows might come to mind. :o

He did show moments of greatness, but spoiled them when moments of stupidity..

He'll be back challenging again soon I bet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

He's at -3 for 15 holes today which leaves him -6. If he can eliminate the silly mistakes from a round he will post a good score. I would dearly love to see him contend in a tournament again. I will never forget his 3 Major wins and the joy that brought to a major-less Irish golfing public during those heady 12 months between '07-'08. For that reason I will always support him....as frustrating as that can be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Tockman

Finished with a 67 (-5) 6 birdies 1 bogey.
    Must be one of his best rounds this year

madds wrote: »
    He's at -3 for 15 holes today which leaves him -6. If he can eliminate the silly mistakes from a round he will post a good score. I would dearly love to see him contend in a tournament again. I will never forget his 3 Major wins and the joy that brought to a major-less Irish golfing public during those heady 12 months between '07-'08. For that reason I will always support him....as frustrating as that can be.

Boom .. Ya got their before me. -5 on 17 now. :D Gmac with a 64 in too awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

Ah great stuff. Anyone know where I can get to view his card? Would love to know if today's round was blemish free.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Ah great stuff. Anyone know where I can get to view his card? Would love to know if today's round was blemish free.
    Tockman wrote: »
    Finished with a 67 (-5) 6 birdies 1 bogey.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Jul3s

I'd hazard a guess amd say europeantour.com maybe might have it.

• Advertisement

Harrington now officially comfirmed back from self imposed obscurity.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Jul3s wrote: »
    Ya he played well. Dare I say a dark horse for the Open?!

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Opics

He has had many decent rounds over the last few years. 67 in those conditions is basically level par.

Ya he played well. Dare I say a dark horse for the Open?!
    Not so much a dark horse as a dead cert I'd say, lamp all your loots on him, he cannot lose!.

Not so much a dark horse as a dead cert I'd say, lamp all your loots on him, he cannot lose!.

I agree 100% with this statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Anyone think he should STFU about Rory? Seems he's not content to wreck his own head, wants to wreck Rorys too.....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Off I go to put all my life savings on him ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Did you hear them on the commentary last night saying that Harro reckons his problem this year has been the mental side of his game and not the actual way he is playing.....................Dr Bob is genuinely taking Harro for all he's worth!!

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

Good round today, lets hope he can keep it up...if he is to get his career back on track a links course seems a likely bet
    durkadurka wrote: »
    Anyone think he should STFU about Rory? Seems he's not content to wreck his own head, wants to wreck Rorys too.....

Nah I don't think its a big deal tbh. Harrington always answers questions put to him by journos etc. honestly and thoughtfully, he's only giving his opinion on the thing.

Similar in many ways to how people thought Rory was out of line for some of his comments on Tiger, again all he was doing was giving his opinion. I much prefer that to the American golfer approach (apart from Bubba obviously :D) of doing everything possible to avoid saying something even slightly controversial.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,143 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

ESPN Classic channel 429 has the Open Championship now from 2007. Although its on second last playoff hole:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 toxicgasmask

paddy's THE MAN!!!! best short game, mental game and attitude on tour. and a serious legend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Finally admitted that he has been working too hard! Are we getting somewhere? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

Cowen will b Padraigs new coach. 1st thing Pete shud say is, tee it up and bash it m'lad, & stick ur tongue in u look like a hungry mongrel.

Made me laugh from tweeter alliss

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

Have been only able to follow on line
    See he's on the bubble as the yanks say currently
    Is he projected to make it or favoured to be out ??

Sorry no tv available !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Adiaga 2

According to the projections on the pgatour.com leaderboard he is pretty certain to be in at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Obviously money wise its a big bonus for PH to make the FedEx play-offs, but i think it wouldn't do him any harm to miss out and come back and play few tournaments in Europe. Its where hes had most of his wins (European Tour) and it mite do him no harm. Play likes of Johnnie Walker, Anadlucian Masters, Dunhill Links, Portugal Masters mite help with his confidence and game. Familiar surroundings and players and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Unreal improvement from PH, 4 rounds under 70.

When did he last do that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

Unreal improvement from PH, 4 rounds under 70.

When did he last do that ?

He played pretty well at the Travellers Champtionship and then the Scottish Open in late June / early July. Since then though, he's been pretty average. Good to see him shoot 4 rounds in the 60s. Have to take into account that the course was probably effectively a par 68 but good shooting nonetheless. He needs to get hot with the putter and tighten up his iron play. Should see him contending again soon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

You have to take the course into account. Leaders in a modest field getting to near -20, you would expect Harrington to score a little better than his usual dross of late. He still only made the cut on the nose, and by shooting -4 on last 14 holes on Friday. He's far from turning a corner, he had a chance to make it into fedex with 6 holes to go he was in with a shout, only to drop back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭AldilaMan

You have to take the course into account. Leaders in a modest field getting to near -20, you would expect Harrington to score a little better than his usual dross of late. He still only made the cut on the nose, and by shooting -4 on last 14 holes on Friday. He's far from turning a corner, he had a chance to make it into fedex with 6 holes to go he was in with a shout, only to drop back.

Harrinton finished 124th so he's qualified for the playoffs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement