Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

YayaBanana wrote: »
    I really hate the negativity in here

Negativity is an unfair criticism of the realists from those those with expectations way out of line with any reasonable grounds or evidence for for an upturn in P's performance and a breakthrough into the world top 200.
    Where there is novelty in
    abff wrote: »
    Lovely to be able to relax and watch this evening's golf without worrying about the cut line.
    , and when that does happen, we jump to
    ForeRight wrote: »
    I think after making the cut he might go super low today and have a good push at winning this thing. Who knows then he might pop up with a major this year yet.
    . Not have a double bogey in a round as a pro golfer - whoppdedo if thats worth noting and thinking it indicates a return to world class competitiveness.

I think it is the irrationally positive ignoring the reality, rather than any 'negativity' wishing him ill who are the ones out of kilter.

PH might start making a few more cuts. He might get a good result. Even a win. Even a major. We all hope he does, and of course a golfer of his talent and record could do that. But the odds are lengthening with every passing week, and there has been no real evidence for an extended period now, that that is likely to reverse.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Dare I say it, 3rd round cut to be made yet!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭woahwoahwoah

I can sense a major on the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭josie19

YayaBanana wrote: »
    I'm just quoting this so you can't edit your post if he makes the top 40. I really hate the negativity in here, he has played brilliantly this week, had a couple set backs but has bounced straight back. Hoping for a top 20 finish from him, he's definitely playing well enough. No double bogeys this weekend please Harro.

Why would I want to edit my original post? BTW 10 birdies, 4 bogies and a double bogey can hardly be described as brilliant golf. Better than recent for sure but the car crash is coming. A treble bogey somewhere on the card tonight for sure. Regular occurrence these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

People get far too excited in this thread over average golf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    People get far too excited in this thread over average golf

Then maybe this ain't the place for you....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

TIED FOR FIFTH- I am going weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,895 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Gone very quiet here. Or lads gone off for some cream. Whilst humble pie bakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭webels

Minus 6 after 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Eoinyh

-7 T4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Can we start to get excited now??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

dar_cool wrote: »
    Can we start to get excited now??

I'd say it sounds fairly justified though with a lingering sense of impending doom.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

60 days until The Open

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

josie19 wrote: »
    Rarely makes the cut these days and when he does make the cut he throws in 2 sh*t rounds.

Guaranteed not to be in the top 40 by the end of the tournament. If I'm wrong then self imposed posting ban for life !

Regardless of how he ends up after 4 rounds, if he could be said to be guaranteed not to be in the top 40 by the end then he must have been even more guaranteed not to make the cut before the tournament began.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

Negativity is an unfair criticism of the realists from those those with expectations way out of line with any reasonable grounds or evidence for for an upturn in P's performance and a breakthrough into the world top 200.
    Where there is novelty in , and when that does happen, we jump to . Not have a double bogey in a round as a pro golfer - whoppdedo if thats worth noting and thinking it indicates a return to world class competitiveness.

I think it is the irrationally positive ignoring the reality, rather than any 'negativity' wishing him ill who are the ones out of kilter.

PH might start making a few more cuts. He might get a good result. Even a win. Even a major. We all hope he does, and of course a golfer of his talent and record could do that. But the odds are lengthening with every passing week, and there has been no real evidence for an extended period now, that that is likely to reverse.

where do I claim for those lost couple of minutes reading that??what a load of......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Benny Cake wrote: »
    Then maybe this ain't the place for you....

People talking about upcoming major wins because Harry is having a decent week in a below average PGA Tour field?

Perhaps you're right. This place doesn't appear to be for grounded sensible people with realistic expectations.

Tricky one here.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,908 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I can sense a major on the way!

A major what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    People talking about upcoming major wins because Harry is having a decent week in a below average PGA Tour field?

Perhaps you're right. This place doesn't appear to be for grounded sensible people with realistic expectations.

I'm thinking comment was a bit tongue in cheek

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Another bird! That is major form if I've ever seen it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭mcgarrett

-8 now, 2 off the lead :D

Great fun watching paddy on shot tracker. Like a fancy teletext from 80 s.
    "No that cant be right"

The engraver should get the Claret Jug ready. long and tough name to spell.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭LinksLad

Could be a decent move up from a world ranking of 209th.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

-8 thru 16

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭the greatest game

being watching for the last hour, dont think they have showed harrington once ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Needs a 14 or less to make it in tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Looks plugged in the bunker at 18

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Some bunker shot!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Ah great stuff from Harrington this evening - YES!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Nice round of 66, Well done Padraig:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement