Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

An incredible round of golf from an incredible man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭big_drive

That's some par

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

4 under today, its great to see,, here's hoping for a good last day..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Really solid 3 days from Padraig. Great to see. I think there is a good mix of realists, positivists and pessimists on this thread which are bound to collide at some point but overall, I'm sure 99% of posters all want him to play well.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,895 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

To the 1 % . Could they remind me who the other golfer is that puts the Irish flag up on pga tour events.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

To the 1 % . Could they remind me who the other golfer is that puts the Irish flag up on pga tour events.

Why does a players flag matter?

Hopefully he gets off to a good start tomorrow and is contention come the back 9

• Registered Users Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭abff

I know I should know better, but I'm still amazed/dismayed by the ***kers who come on here either expressing sarcastic predictions of how PH is going to win every tournament he enters from now on or expressing their conviction that he will have at least one triple bogey over the weekend. It would be great if we could have a weekend of adults contributing to this thread.

I'm a huge fan of PH and I'm very disappointed for him about how badly things have gone recently. I really hope that he can turn things around, but I'm getting tired of following this thread because it's full of comments about how he's finally turned the corner (some of them sarcastic, some tongue in cheek, some genuine) and those saying that he's about to explode.

In any other country, there would be a huge preponderance of people supporting Padraig and wishing him well. It makes me embarrassed to be Irish to read some of the cr*p that appears on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Delighted to see our greatest ever sportsman compete again. I hope he is in contention up the back straight tomorrow as there very few sporting experiences I enjoy more than cheering Padraig on of a Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 thirdtime

Great to see him back

• Advertisement

abff,

I'd agree with your sentiments - but people can have a bit of fun - be frustrated - give stick , but still idolise the bloke . It is the same for some people who are your best mate. It can be up and down with anybody. You can have the worst fight with the ones closest.

This is a strange thing to say - but I don't view Padraig like any other golfer - he sort of feels like a friend. :o:D

Yes you have the full spectrum on here - some lads are just winding people up. It is the Internet, it is not that real or serious on here at end of the day.

It is a bit laughable to suggest where he is from is irrelevant - I bet on the Canadian form it is a buzz with Mike is back - some genuine , some joking.

In Colombia they are longing for a return to form of Camilo. The same the world over.

The way I look at this thread now is

a) There are fans that are genuinely hurting with all this.
    b) There are fans who love Padraig - who are at this stage gone past pulling out their own hair and are happy to have a laugh about it.
    c) There are lads who are just winding people up - it is the internet - don't come here if you can't handle that.
    d) There are lads who are so young they don't understand what it was like before Padraig.
    e) There are lads who are saying he is finished with golf, when lads say this - I just know, they do not understand Sport or Golf. Nobody is ever finished with golf and we all have a great day. If that great day/week is at the right time ---- who knows. That is why we love sport and this one in particular. We all have one more go in us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

only1stevo wrote: »
    An incredible round of golf

Thats a bit harsh on P.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Thats a bit harsh on P.

Sure is, buzzing with this return to form, long may it last.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

ForeRight wrote: »
    I think after making the cut he might go super low today and have a good push at winning this thing. Who knows then he might pop up with a major this year yet.

He's nearly back.

Great shout ForeLeft.

Nobody can question the backness off paddy now.

Great shout ForeLeft.

Back to Back Backness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Why does a players flag matter?

is that a serious question?

ps.... mine is a serious question?:p

I shouldn't - but it will be almost harder to finish out of top 20 now then in it.

Only if he was 3 over + - would he be gone gone

A level par - or Under - I'd be happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Just finished the recorded action.

Great to see Harrington where he is after a -4 third round, to think he is ahead of home town favorite and world No8 Jordan Spieth is great to see.

Out in the 3rd last group tomorrow with Weir.

Are we going for the win or will a top 10 be the best we can hope for (just hope the s**h round doesn't show up)?

Just finished the recorded action.

Great to see Harrington where he is after a -4 third round, to think he is ahead of home town favorite and world No8 Jordan Spieth is great to see.

Out in the 3rd last group tomorrow with Weir.

Are we going for the win or will a top 10 be the best we can hope for (just hope the s**h round doesn't show up)?

A top 10 will do - there are 12 lads within 3 shots, at least one will go low low.

Padraig is not a low low lad - 4 days under par is a great result.

That should see him top 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

a top 10 finish will do for me,

• Advertisement

I'll be more ambitious and say I'm hoping for a top 6 or 7 finish

So many players up there anything could happen

• Registered Users Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Great shout ForeLeft.

I think you need to change that username to AlwaysRight ;)

I'm not sure if he can win 2 this year so I suppose I'm looking for a near miss tonight as that'll all but guarantee The Open for him :)

PARlance wrote: »
    I think you need to change that username to AlwaysRight ;)

I'm not sure if he can win 2 this year so I suppose I'm looking for a near miss tonight as that'll all but guarantee The Open for him :)

I've said it all along...
    Paddy will give us all a Sunday night of pure bliss before the summer is out. Tonight might just be the night!!!!
    If he wins tonight I can see him going on a fantastic run of golf ending up in him holing the winning putt in the Ryder cup.

I've said it all along...
    Paddy will give us all a Sunday night of pure bliss before the summer is out. Tonight might just be the night!!!!
    Its possible, but two shots back and a lot guys shooting as low or better than even his 'incredible' round, so still unlikely. Nevertheless, the chance is genuinely there - hopefully he does it.

If he wins tonight I can see him going on a fantastic run of golf ending up in him holing the winning putt in the Ryder cup.
    And this is where reality and reason are again left behind for the realms of irrational fantasy....

I think ForeRight - ForeLeft - AlwaysRight - LeftRight - HardRight - RightWing. Has other lads joining his tune.

Once we don't end up ExtremeRight or NothingLeft.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Eaglebridie 32

Windy conditions expected, that might help PH as it's not going to be a birdie blitz & he's right up there in the scrambling stats this week. For me -
    Win- might be just a little too much to expect too soon. (Really hope I'm way out here)
    Top 3- absolutely magic
    Top 10- minimum I'd be happy with
    Outside Top 10- I'd be disappointed with that given his performance so far.

Hey - who is the dude who is leaving if he makes top 40.

This will be fun.

Hey - who is the dude who is leaving re-reging if he makes top 40.

This will be fun.

XjTcuNR.jpg

• Advertisement

Hey - who is the dude who is leaving if he makes top 40.

This will be fun.

I propose he should be given a reprieve if P misses the next 3 cuts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement