Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,895 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

I propose he should be given a reprieve if P misses the next 3 cuts.

No reprieve for predictions like that.

Tyrone VanAswegen - World Ranking 435 has a chance of top 40.

Hope he doesn't gamble.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

No reprieve for predictions like that.

Tyrone VanAswegen - World Ranking 435 has a chance of top 40.

Hope he doesn't gamble.

I bet I wouldn't have got a reprieve if paddy didn't go super low yesterday like I predicted.

Padraig will be walking down range - red headphones blasting in his ears .

Eminem blasting -

"Guess whos back"
    "Guess whos back"

" feels so empty without me"

Ronan
    "Wedge first boss"

P
    "what couldn't hear you there"

Ronan - Shouting
    "WEDGE FIRST BOSS"

P
    "Na driver first"

Ronan
    "We will go to putting green with 5 mins to go "

P
    "Na - I'll stick with driver"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,359 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

josie19 wrote: »
    Rarely makes the cut these days and when he does make the cut he throws in 2 sh*t rounds.

Guaranteed not to be in the top 40 by the end of the tournament. If I'm wrong then self imposed posting ban for life !

quoting for posterity

• Registered Users Posts: 2,765 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Couldn't care less who wins tonight, provided it's Podge!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

ForeRight wrote: »
    I've said it all along...
    Paddy will give us all a Sunday night of pure bliss before the summer is out. Tonight might just be the night!!!!
    If he wins tonight I can see him going on a fantastic run of golf ending up in him holing the winning putt in the Ryder cup.

Personally I think you're optimism has gone a bit too far there...
    There is no way PH will be holing the winning putt...... he'll be sent out early in the singles to secure a steady point.

Joking aside, C'MON PADDY

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭josie19

Hey - who is the dude who is leaving if he makes top 40.

This will be fun.

That's me !!

Despite my prediction I hope PH wins tonight but I'm realistic to be certain that won't happen. If he's in the top 40 this is my last post and I certainly wont be reregistering

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

That's me !!

Despite my prediction I hope PH wins tonight but I'm realistic to be certain that won't happen. If he's in the top 40 this is my last post and I certainly wont be reregistering

How can you be hoping for something to happen you're certain won't happen? That's simply self-contradictory - if you're certain of it, you would realise the senselessness of hoping for it. You also guaranteed he won't come in the top 40. Just try not imagining you can be certain about things that haven't yet happened and you'd not get yourself into the position you've gotten yourself into.

That said, Harrington, just like every other golfer in the tournament, might yet finish outside the top 40, but as of now it's utterly up in the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭josie19

pelevin wrote: »
    How can you be hoping for something to happen you're certain won't happen? That's simply self-contradictory - if you're certain of it, you would realise the senselessness of hoping for it. You also guaranteed he won't come in the top 40. Just try not imagining you can be certain about things that haven't yet happened and you'd not get yourself into the position you've gotten yourself into.

That said, Harrington, just like every other golfer in the tournament, might yet finish outside the top 40, but as of now it's utterly up in the air.

I think the Hull supporters yesterday were hoping for the equaliser in the last 3 minutes of extra time but most of them knew it wasn't going to happen. I hope to win the lotto but I'm fairly certain that wont happen.

Do you understand now?

That's me !!

Ah josie don't go all Ghandi on us.

Your grand. Stay around for the fun.

I admire you standing by your convictions but.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

I think the Hull supporters yesterday were hoping for the equaliser in the last 3 minutes of extra time but most of them knew it wasn't going to happen. I hope to win the lotto but I'm fairly certain that wont happen.

Do you understand now?

I understand that you've been guaranteeing pretty ordinary things not happening that look very likely to happen. And you seemingly don't understand the difference between expecting a likely scenario and being certain of it. "Fairly certain" is also immediately a qualification of certainty which allows no space for doubt.

That's me !!

Ah don't leave Josie!!!!!

Do you understand now?

Josie's BACK!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

some par save,, its great to actually watch him live again, not just on shot tracker..

some par save,, its great to actually watch him live again, not just on shot tracker..

What channel are you watching. I've got Spanish football on SS4?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

ForeRight wrote: »
    What channel are you watching. I've got Spanish football on SS4?

The Golf Channel are currently showing it live. Sky can't blame the host broadcasters this time! Take your football and shove it Sky.

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    The Golf Channel are currently showing it live. Sky can't blame the host broadcasters this time! Take your football and shove it Sky.

wonder why is it gone of sky, its in the program's to show it from 6 on ss4..

wonder why is it gone of sky, its in the program's to show it from 6 on ss4..

There was a stadium collapse at the football match so it was delayed 35 mins

Just as well Sky are showing the Red Bull Air race and WWE afterburn ahead of it. I'd be gutted if they put the golf ahead of them

Water trouble for Padraig already. Had shoes and socks off but decided against and is now taking a penalty. Shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

In trouble at the 4th. tee shot in the hazard :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,359 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Gotta admit, the football was class!

anyways, back to the golf ;)

Not trying to jinx him but the penalty drop, re-drop and place looked suspect. Will wait and see if anything more is said of it- hopefully not.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭leonards

pelevin wrote: »
    I understand that you've been guaranteeing pretty ordinary things not happening that look very likely to happen. And you seemingly don't understand the difference between expecting a likely scenario and being certain of it. "Fairly certain" is also immediately a qualification of certainty which allows no space for doubt.

My brain hurts....

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Not trying to jinx him but the penalty drop, re-drop and place looked suspect. Will wait and see if anything more is said of it- hopefully not.

It rolled forward

Good 7ft putt holed for bogey in the end

me89 wrote: »
    It rolled forward

It did indeed... but not nearer the hole than the point of entry to hazard. Rule 20-2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Follow the bogey with a birdie!!!

Weir is sticking it to the pins.

got that shot straight back

• Advertisement

Some putt for that Birdie.... This is strange, I'm not getting the feeling that I'm gonna jinx him

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement