Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Today's score gives Mr.P a sad but knowing that Paddy was up there competing for 3 days gives Mr.P a happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,908 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Harrington at -4 now. This is a melt-down. Pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Why?? he has hit 2 fairways and 6 GIR... why are you talking about bad luck? his game is in good shape based on the last 3 days but he has just had another meltdown

Yes his round today is not up to the required standard but calling it pathetic is just silly. He's made some mistakes but hopefully the previous 3 rounds give him a bit of confidence going in to his next tournament

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭minstrel_boy

Felexicon wrote: »
    Yes his round today is not up to the required standard but calling it pathetic is just silly. He's made some mistakes but hopefully the previous 3 rounds give him a bit of confidence going in to his next tournament

Lets agree to disagree..its been 5 years of random chinks of light followed by complete capitulation

Harrington at -4 now. This is a melt-down. Pity.

Around of +4 is not a meltdown. It's a poor round.
    A meltdown is Rory hitting a round of +8 when leading the Masters by 2

• Advertisement

Lets agree to disagree..its been 5 years of random chinks of light followed by complete capitulation

Oh absolutely, hence why I said hopefully. This tournament is just as likely to be the highlight of the year for PH but I'm nothing if not optimistic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭abff

Why?? he has hit 2 fairways and 6 GIR... why are you talking about bad luck? his game is in good shape based on the last 3 days but he has just had another meltdown

Four of his putts today have been from 1, 2, 5 and 8 inches. If that's not indicative of a bit of bad luck, I don't know what is.

And I find your use of the word pathetic patronising and offensive. But that's just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

BOOM!!!!!

Top 40 finish for the main man Harro, delighted for him.
    Roll on wentworth next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Felexicon wrote: »

It's not as silly as calling yesterday's round "incredible" though.

Paddy birdies the last.
    Magic stuff.

• Advertisement

Looks like he's just birdied the 18th based on his overall score on shot finder.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,359 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

ForeRight wrote: »
    Paddy birdies the last.
    Magic stuff.

One of the few who did

• Registered Users Posts: 20,895 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Bad day .
    But would have taken that at start of week.

Good news is his short game is coming around.
    He couldn't be that bad off tee again .

So progress.

Missed chance, as. The lads above him didn't go very low and even -2
    Would have got him T3.

All joking aside he is not far off being "back".

Good laugh . Only thing that has me watching Us non events anyway.
    Who won again. Is It over. Who cares . Paddy is back.

abff wrote: »
    Looks like he's just birdied the 18th based on his overall score on shot finder.

They've just changed it to a four. :mad:

Stupid shot tracker is even playing with paddys mind :(

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    It's not as silly as calling yesterday's round "incredible" though.

It's equally as silly.

abff wrote: »
    And I find your use of the word pathetic patronising and offensive. But that's just my opinion.

Offensive.. You're having a laugh.. You are easily offended..

The thing that's most disappointing about all of this is that based on the last few years we won't see him in contention again for a while...

The thing that's most disappointing about all of this is that based on the last few years we won't see him in contention again for a while...

Will you not be watching next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,895 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Yes with no Rory or Tiger.

We have paddy.

ForeRight wrote: »
    Will you not be watching next week?

Of course I will :-)
    This will all be forgotten, hope springs eternal
    The last time I remember Harry genuinely being in contention was at portrush... Leaving the course on sat evening, everyone was buzzing.. Unfortunately, he completely folded on the last day..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

So the dreaded s**t round turned up for Harro.

Saw only 1 shot of him during the recorded action (only showed it due to what happened on the 11th). Anyway much improved on what he has done currently.

He's playing Wentworth next week, not a happy hunting ground for him. Hopefully this week will give him confidence to push on and make cut's regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Best week in a long time for Paddy, more of those please!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Martin567

Your use of the word pathetic is the most pathetic thing as far as I'm concerned.

I do wish people of all opinions would stop making these absolute predictions about what is likely to happen in future. Mike Weir tonight is the evidence of this. As difficult as the last few years have been for Padraig, Mike Weir has fallen far further and for a far longer time. Did they mention it at all tonight when he last had a top 5 finish? It wouldn't surprise me if it was at least 8 years ago. Things can always be turned around with the right belief and work ethic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

Martin567 wrote: »
    Things can always be turned around with the right belief and work ethic.

Not true. Time waits for no man. Plenty of slumps are never 'turned around' despite untiring effort. And 'belief' is just self delusion.

Nevertheless, while one swallow doesnt make a summer, certainly a better weekend for P. Interesting to see what happens over the next six weeks and whether it is an improvement or just a blip.

Is he in the National Open ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Like others have said, he played three very good rounds with some birdies, some really good saves and some nice putting. Its a good step in the right direction, and I hope he takes a good chunk of confidence from it and keep getting better each week.

What more can we ask for from a man, we're all going to support either way.

Not true. Time waits for no man. Plenty of slumps are never 'turned around' despite untiring effort. And 'belief' is just self delusion.

I thought I chose my words fairly carefully!! I didn't offer any opinion as to whether he will eventually turn things around or not because I don't know, just like everyone else. I simply said it can be turned around. It's perfectly possible.

Mike Weir's slump has been far longer and more severe than Padraig's. He obviously believed he could turn things around despite no form whatever over many, many years. You might call that belief "self-delusion" but, without it, he would have thrown in the towel years ago and he would not still be out on Tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Dropped 3 places to 209 even with this. That's disappointing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Shame

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Derek Zoolander

Martin567 wrote: »
    Your use of the word pathetic is the most pathetic thing as far as I'm concerned.

I do wish people of all opinions would stop making these absolute predictions about what is likely to happen in future. Mike Weir tonight is the evidence of this. As difficult as the last few years have been for Padraig, Mike Weir has fallen far further and for a far longer time. Did they mention it at all tonight when he last had a top 5 finish? It wouldn't surprise me if it was at least 8 years ago. Things can always be turned around with the right belief and work ethic.

Mike Weir won in 2007, had 2 second place finishes in 2008, a second and third finish place in 2009 on the pga tour. Nowhere near 8 years and actually Harringtons stats on PGA are not dissimilar.

• Advertisement

Mike Weir won in 2007, had 2 second place finishes in 2008, a second and third finish place in 2009 on the pga tour. Nowhere near 8 years and actually Harringtons stats on PGA are not dissimilar.

Fair enough, it seemed quite a bit longer to me.

Nevertheless, he dropped out of the top 100 in the rankings in 2010 and fell all the way to about 1500 in 2012. His decline is more comparable to Michael Campbell's or David Duval's than Padraig's. Week in, week out he was missing cuts by about 10 shots. He is also a year older than Padraig so his belief that he could resurrect his game could surely be described as self-delusion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement