Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭Panrich

Always happens to Padraig. How many times has he fallen foul of cruel and unusual punishments over the years? From the Belfry to Abu Dhabi, Augusta and now Wentworth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

They got that ruling wrong anyway.

I didn't see it.

How did they get it wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,908 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

FFS gone south yet again :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

ForeRight wrote: »
    Tomorrow he should go even lower to comfortably cruise into the weekend.

Just wondering what was the thinking there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,399 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Just wondering what was the thinking there ?
    Is your sarcasm detector broken?! Every post of his in this thread is a wind up attempt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

Let's hope that's the bad round out of the way. Scoring wasn't as good as yesterday, so the elements played their part.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

I think people are being a little harsh on PH. 4 good rounds out of 6, thats pretty good going for a man who looked in dire straights 2 months ago. Yes, the other 2 rounds were terrible but on the brightside he is showing something of his old self.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

Still plenty of time for Harro, Jiminez won at 50!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Really disappointed with that round today. Hope that's the bad round out of the way no!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Chin up Padraig. It will come.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭JohnnyLocke

Made the cut comfortably enough after a difficult start in absolutely horrific conditions. Not a course that has suited him down the years although the changes has helped slightly. A top 20 here would be a huge boost so I'm delighted he's made the cut. Onwards and upwards. He has us open qualifying in Walton Heath On Monday which is the most important thing right now. Usually about 12 of the 90 participants qualify from the Walton Heath section so it's good he's rounding into a bit of form! The US Open is massive for him right now. If he qualifies for that you never know. C'mon Padraig!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

+2 for the day after 5

:-(

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

+2 for the day after 5

:-(

Fighting back............ level after 12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Finished yesterday at +3 and tied 61st. Already started his round today and level par after three. Needs to pick up a couple of birdies and leave the bogies in the bag if he's going to improve his position.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭abff

Double bogey at the 6th unfortunately and two birdies plus one bogey since then to leave him tied 63rd with 3 to play. Another week with no world ranking points and a further slide down the table.

Hopefully, he'll pick himself up for US Open qualifying tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Is there any way to keep up with up with the US open qualifying scoring today?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭big_drive

Tom.D.BJJ wrote: »
    Is there any way to keep up with up with the US open qualifying scoring today?

I was wondering about this as well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

They don't usually have live scoring for the qualifiers, just an update of scores after round 1. Here's the draw at least http://www.waltonheath.com/Content/The%20Draw%202014.pdf

Playing with Graeme Storm.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Twitter will probably be the place to get some updates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

75 for Padraig this morning.

• Advertisement

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    75 for Padraig this morning.

On the easier course, roll on The Open so!

Yeah unfortunately he hasn't got a chance to qualify. Must have been hard after playing 4 intense rounds at Wentworth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Yeah unfortunately he hasn't got a chance to qualify. Must have been hard after playing 4 intense rounds at Wentworth.

Shane Lowry didn't seem to have much of a problem and he would have finished a lot later than PH with a lot more taken out of him mentally.

I think the score is in line with where his form is at the minute. Wouldn't surprise me to see a low one in the afternoon either.

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Shane Lowry didn't seem to have much of a problem and he would have finished a lot later than PH with a lot more taken out of him mentally.

I think the score is in line with where his form is at the minute. Wouldn't surprise me to see a low one in the afternoon either.

I think you will find Paddy is a bit older but yes, probably a reflection of where his game is.

2nd round is on the more difficult course so unlikely to go low.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

I think you will find Paddy is a bit older but yes, probably a reflection of where his game is.

2nd round is on the more difficult course so unlikely to go low.

Older yes but claims to be fitter than he ever has been in a recent interview.

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Older yes but claims to be fitter than he ever has been in a recent interview.

Physically fitter yes, mentally he must be shattered :-(

Any updates on his second round?

Padraig putting today's poor performance down to fatigue. I'm sure he will welcome the coming week off after a busy run the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭abff

They just showed him fluffing a chip on the 18th and said that he was two over. Not going to the US open, unfortunately.

• Advertisement

The short game is at its worst today already. Missed birdie chance from 9 feet on first, a 3 putt from 15 feet on second and straight forward pitch and the best he could do was leave himself an 18 footer. 2 over after 3

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement