Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

I stand corrected on the fedex points. My app was telling me he finished on 130 this morning. Hopefully he improves through the next month/6 weeks and gets some form back.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭murphdogg11

Another shocking week for PH. Missed the cut by a long way. Now down to number 83 in the world rankings. New coach doesn't appear to be having any positive impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Martin567

Another shocking week for PH. Missed the cut by a long way. Now down to number 83 in the world rankings. New coach doesn't appear to be having any positive impact.

Poor week just gone by, no doubt. He seemed to hit a lot of greens in regulation but again holed very little. Perhaps his approaches were poor? I read where he said that in his previous event (where he finished 8th), he missed 21 putts from 15ft or less over the 72 holes.

As regards Pete Cowen, PH was around 40 under par combined for the three events before Singapore. Did you comment after those events as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I see he is down to play the Johor open in 2 weeks. As defending champion I think he'll need to repeat the trick or at least a top 3 to try and salvage something out of this year.

On current form that looks a forlorn hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

is harro in line to captain the ryder cup team anytime soon?
    this is the extent of his future career ambition to be fair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

Keep the faith guys, he is too talented and works too hard for this slump to continue forever.

The new coach seems to have improved his long game. Just needs to sharpen up the short game and get hot with the putter again.

IMO he needs to get a bit looser, a bit more free flowing with his game. He looks very mechanical, too mechanical, over his putts.

Probably just needs to get lucky one week to boost his confidence and we'll see him safely inside the world top 50 again soon.

harro and mcginley couldnt keep it going forever shure
    they set the scene for the likes of mcgrane, lowry, grant, murphy et al
    and the nordie blokes (gmac, rors, clarkie, etc) prob even took notice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

conno16 wrote: »
    is harro in line to captain the ryder cup team anytime soon?
    this is the extent of his future career ambition to be fair

2018 perhaps, as Bjorn & Clarke would be likely captains after Olazabal.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Jul3s

QFT
    Confirmed career is over.

Excellent opening round 64 in Johor Open today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Excellent opening round 64 in Johor Open today.

Which included 2*3putts which is uncahracteristic for Padraig, hopefulyl he puts in a good showing, a top 5 would be a massive achievement considering his season.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭deko43

ssbob wrote: »
    Which included 2*3putts which is uncahracteristic for Padraig, hopefulyl he puts in a good showing, a top 5 would be a massive achievement considering his season.

Also included a bogey on 17 and did not birdie par 5 18th .
    Hopefully he will prove us all wrong and get a win on Sunday.

deko43 wrote: »
    Also included a bogey on 17 and did not birdie par 5 18th .
    Hopefully he will prove us all wrong and get a win on Sunday.

Those 2 holes were his 3 putt holes so otherwise a faultless round!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Will need a top 2 finish to get into top 60 in race to Dubai.

Will need a top 2 finish to get into top 60 in race to Dubai.

impossible
    doesnt have the game for that type of finish

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 687 ✭✭✭headmaster

Oh ye of little faith, there's a major or 2 left in Harrington. I see Ireland and the begrudgers are still alive and well.

impossible

Lowry must be having a decent season........

Putting up a good defense of his title. Two shots off the lead having played one but play has been suspended till tomorrow. Tournament reduced to 54 holes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Aidric wrote: »
    Putting up a good defense of his title. Two shots off the lead having played one but play has been suspended till tomorrow. Tournament reduced to 54 holes.

He's on the par 5 now but sprayed his drive out to the left and played a provisional. Every chance he could be 3 behind as soon as they start...but you're right...a good defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Got to know him well were i worked and is a sound guy.

• Advertisement

Good man Paddy, t-3 is his best result this season. Still time to get a W before the season is out

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭rafared

impossible

You never miss an oppertunity to stick the knife into Paddy do you Conno?
    Fact is an Irishman who has won 3 majors, tons of cash and respect up and down this country is put down by you on a regular basis while at the same time you "Big up" that Cockney wide boy Poulter. You should be ashamed of yourself.
    No doubt he as struggled lately but we all should admire his grit and determination. Maybe hes not as talented as some but give the man, and Irish man at that, some respect.

As I said earlier a top 5 would be a massive achievement, although how many more tournaments is he playing before Dubai World Championship? He is still languishing in 65th spot about €50k behind 60th.................

As I said earlier a top 5 would be a massive achievement, although how many more tournaments is he playing before Dubai World Championship? He is still languishing in 65th spot about €50k behind 60th.................

Only Hong Kong left before Dubai.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭acejeff

headmaster wrote: »
    Oh ye of little faith, there's a major or 2 left in Harrington. I see Ireland and the begrudgers are still alive and well.

I agree completely. His swing looks much better in recent months, much more under control. If he can get himself in contention there are few better equipped to finish it off, as he has proven in the past, can handle the pressure cooker of majors and when he gets the putter rolling he is clinical. I think he'll win another Open.

Only Hong Kong left before Dubai.

Tasty field assembled for this event. Harrington is going to need a top placing to get in to the top 60 on the R2D.

Peter Lawrie, currently ranked 59th, is going to be trying to hold on to his top 60 place.

Damien McGrane, currently ranked 112th, will be trying to secure his card for next season.

Top 5 finish to qualify for Dubai! Now that was some joke. Padraig finished in 51st position at +4. This was a truely woeful effort. His game must be in rag order if this he the best he could do when fully motivated to try to make it to Dubai.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭deko43

Stackstown will be a shoo in for the Barton next year with PH back in the team...

The only positive thing I can say (without having seen him hit any shots in Hong Kong) is that his long game stats looked quite good:
    - 60% of fairways hit
    - 70% of greens in regulation

That's not too shabby for Harrington.

He just hasn't been able to put a week together when all parts of his game were on song. Most of the time, his long game let him down with too many out of bounds drives or poor iron play. However, when he got that right, his short game tended to suffer (only 50% scrambling for PH is very, very poor).

Also, his putting seems to have deserted him a little. The only thing stopping Paddy getting his top-5 finish was if he could have holed 2 extra 15-30 footers per round. He is holing nothing in that range. Nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

deko43 wrote: »
    Stackstown will be a shoo in for the Barton next year with PH back in the team...
    That's if he is picked for the Barton team!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement