Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

There's the attitude! Hope Harro does the biz at Fota!

"So, I just play golf and get on with it," he insisted. "I like playing golf, really, really like it. If I wasn't playing a tournament here this week, I'd be out playing golf. So, it's not as if I'm doing something I don't enjoy.

"All I do is keep playing away. I believe the performances are there and I can do the job going forward. It's up to you guys, I suppose, to weigh each side of the story, but I'm going to stay confident and believe it's going to turn round with more big wins again.

"That's where I've got to be. Even if it means I've got to tell myself a lie, I'll go on with it. I'm not going to go down the other road,"

http://www.independent.ie/sport/golf/harringtons-hope-burns-bright-in-drive-for-portrush-30363319.html

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

Good early start from Padraig. 2 under after 6. Two birdies no bogeys

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭blue note

You'd have to worry for Harringtons chances of making the Olympics now. I can't see him being ranked ahead of Gmac, so that might essentially rule him out. Even if it doesn't, he'll have to be ahead of Lowrey to get in. Not looking good at present!

He's had no shortage of golfing highlights, but the Olympics seemed particularly important to him. It would be a shame if he never gets to compete in one.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Stella89

Three birdies in first 6 for Harro . Into tied 7th .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 802 ✭✭✭m r c

Sad to see the front of his hat bare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

m r c wrote: »

It's a hell of a lot better than seeing that GoGetConfused logo or whatever it was :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭newport2

He's gone to -6 now.

Could be a good omen to see his hat bare. I remember Bank of Ireland stopped sponsoring him and within a month he won The Open!

Note: I got that wrong. BOI started sponsoring him just before he won The Open!!

PARlance wrote: »
    It's a hell of a lot better than seeing that GoGetConfused logo or whatever it was :)

Here's why it worked though :-) I know it was gofuzed.com

Here's why it worked though :-) I know it was gofuzed.com

Ha, I knew it was that but I think my one is more apt and whenever I seen it that's what I thought.

Ha, I knew it was that but I think my one is more apt and whenever I seen it that's what I thought.

Confused.com would have been an apt sponsor at times...... :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Montgolfier

What driver is Harrington using this week? Just got a glimpse it looks like a SLDR thing on the bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

What driver is Harrington using this week? Just got a glimpse it looks like a SLDR thing on the bottom.

Doesn't he have a sponsorhip deal with Wilson though? Not sure he would be using Taylormade clubs if that's the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Redo91 wrote: »
    Doesn't he have a sponsorhip deal with Wilson though? Not sure he would be using Taylormade clubs if that's the case.

Might have a Wilson headcover but he's been playing with taylormade drivers for a while now. He definitely doesn't have a 14 club deal with Wilson...

Edit: here's his bag from 2013:

Driver: TaylorMade R1
    Shaft: Fujikura Speeder 7.2X, 45.5 inches, tipped 1.5 inches
    3 Wood: TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0
    Loft: 13.5 degrees (bent to 12 degrees)
    Shaft: Project X 7A5
    5 Wood: Wilson Staff FWS
    Loft: 18 Degrees
    Shaft: Prolite 35X Grey
    Hybrid: Wilson Staff Dxi
    Loft: 22 Degrees
    Shaft: Helix Tour Matrix
    Irons: Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 irons (5-PW)
    Shafts: Royal Precision Rifle Flighted 7.0
    Wedges: Wilson Staff FG Tour (50, and 54 Degrees), TaylorMade xFT TP (60 Degrees)
    Shafts: Royal Precision Rifle Flighted 6.5
    Putter: TaylorMade Ghost Spider S Daddy Long Legs
    Ball: Titleist ProV1x

Redo91 wrote: »

He has used a Taylormade (and possibly 3 wood) driver for a while now.
    Quite a few of the pros have a "non sponsor" club(s) in their bag.
    The headcover is usually the sponsors :)

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dero123

Followed him around today his game is very close to being back looked a lot more confident putting than what we see on tv

Followed him around today his game is very close to being back looked a lot more

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Good grind there by Padraig to finish level par for the day. Hope that's his bad day out of the way and he kicks on tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

-2 under for the final round for a total of -8, tie for 15th.

edit: tie for 14th final results.

Great buzz following this man this weekend, game is in great shape. Real feeling of him being "our hero"

Real feeling of him being "our hero"

He is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭hades

I watched him on the range on saturday morning, he did a number of "happy gilmore" practice swings to get he crowd going. He was something else to watch hitting the driver in practice, he was drawing and fading the ball at will. At the time it looked like they were a bit erratic as there seemed to be no real set routine to what shot shape he was going to hit...... then i noticed he was aiming for the ball collector and would fade or draw the ball to the moving tractors position.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

If only he could get some moving tractors on the fairways when he's playing ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

hades wrote: »
    I watched him on the range on saturday morning, he did a number of "happy gilmore" practice swings to get he crowd going.

It's not actually for the crowd - the happy gilmore shot is now part of his practice routine. The benefit or purpose of it.... who knows what goes on in Padraig's head.

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    It's not actually for the crowd - the happy gilmore shot is now part of his practice routine. The benefit or purpose of it.... who knows what goes on in Padraig's head.

I must say, i enjoyed seeing him doing it. I got a decent video of it aswell. One of the stranger things i saw, was his caddie marking all his practice balls before paddy got to the range. Lord alone knows the reason behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

hades wrote: »
    I must say, i enjoyed seeing him doing it. I got a decent video of it aswell. One of the stranger things i saw, was his caddie marking all his practice balls before paddy got to the range. Lord alone knows the reason behind it.

I use it to see where I'm hitting on the face of the club...maybe he had been reading my blog? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭allybhoy

He has used a Taylormade (and possibly 3 wood) driver for a while now.
    Quite a few of the pros have a "non sponsor" club(s) in their bag.
    The headcover is usually the sponsors :)

Followed him the weekend, his sponsor must be "old socks" or something then because his head covers on his woods are awful!

He also has a ladybird cover on his driver. Its funny though seeing the rest of pro's with the best of gear and headcovers and then Padraigs headcovers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

allybhoy wrote: »
    Its funny though seeing the rest of pro's with the best of gear and headcovers and then Padraigs headcovers...

Its tough trying to make ends meet eeking out a living on the margins of pro tour golf...

allybhoy wrote: »
    Followed him the weekend, his sponsor must be "old socks" or something then because his head covers on his woods are awful!

He also has a ladybird cover on his driver. Its funny though seeing the rest of pro's with the best of gear and headcovers and then Padraigs headcovers...

The ladybird cover is on his sldr minidriver/3 wood thing

He had a sldr driver-sldr mini- Wilson fg v2 irons
    Odyssey putter
    And Wilson wedges
    I couldn't see if he had a hybrid in the bag anyone else notice?

His driver was Taylor made but had a Wilson Head Cover on it, I was behind one of the tee boxes when the caddie took the cover off it. The three wood was the same. He played very well on Friday, got the impression from him that he was enjoying playing with Rory and not having all the pressure on him where as on both Saturday and Sunday he was the star man in the group. One thing is for certain he is as popular as ever

• Advertisement

The ladybird cover is on his sldr minidriver/3 wood thing

He had a sldr driver-sldr mini- Wilson fg v2 irons
    Odyssey putter
    And Wilson wedges
    I couldn't see if he had a hybrid in the bag anyone else notice?

As far as i could see he had 2 hybrids, a TM SLDR mini driver (3 wood) and SLDR Driver.

Not sure of the hybrid brands.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement