Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭JohnnyLocke

Bogey at 10, birdie at 11. Still 2 under!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,897 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

He is just a class bloke.

Playing the game years , and when he does something special , the smile and joy that he gets is so class to watch.

A lad who has done everything, he still loves the game as much as any of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭abff

5th bogey of the day to go back to level par.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭murphdogg11

It is the usual stuff from Padraig these days. Needs to cut down on the mistakes but doesn't seem to have found a way of doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

It is the usual stuff from Padraig these days. Needs to cut down on the mistakes but doesn't seem to have found a way of doing it.

I don't know is it the same problems as he was having 6 months ago though. He was finding it hard to get birdies on the card 6 months ago but today he had 5 birdies.

As you say, cut down on the mistakes and he will find some form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

It was interesting listening to Mickelsons interview after his round today where he talked about a match he had recently with Padraig - Phil and Bones against Padraig and Ronan......anyone else see that, sounded like a bit of craic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

It was interesting listening to Mickelsons interview after his round today where he talked about a match he had recently with Padraig - Phil and Bones against Padraig and Ronan......anyone else see that, sounded like a bit of craic

Yeah sounded like good crack, apparently Ronan has a good swing and hit it 295 down the fairway!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

dar_cool wrote: »
    Yeah sounded like good crack, apparently Ronan has a good swing and hit it 295 down the fairway!!

Ah he would do he's off two or at least was off two before he took up Padraig's bag. Doubt he's got as much time to play these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Ah he would do he's off two or at least was off two before he took up Padraig's bag. Doubt he's got as much time to play these days.

I played luttrelstown a couple of years ago and the two ball in front of us was Ronan and JP McManus and they were both well able to play from what I saw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

ForeRight wrote: »
    I played luttrelstown a couple of years ago and the two ball in front of us was Ronan and JP McManus and they were both well able to play from what I saw

Sure they as giving out about JP in the Pro Am's. His official handicap is about 9 but they reckon he can easily play to 4/5. Not saying he is a bandit or anything but I can't imagine he plays in loads of qualifying comps or anything!

What else did Phil say?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I saw that - lovely interview. He started by saying it was a VERY important match and that it would be discussed for many years to come, and that he was delighted that it was he and Bones who had the bragging rights. Sounded terrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Wouldnt he have most weekends off? :pac:

Nice to see lads playing friendly matches like this though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

ssbob wrote: »
    Sure they as giving out about JP in the Pro Am's. His official handicap is about 9 but they reckon he can easily play to 4/5. Not saying he is a bandit or anything but I can't imagine he plays in loads of qualifying comps or anything!

What else did Phil say?
    JP is off around 15 or 16 handicap .he get a few pars like any other 15 handicapper or even a good few off the medal tees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

I see the B9 Friday drop towards the cutline is starting again.

2 bogeys in 3 holes. 6 holes to go and one shot to spare at the moment.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Bogeyed the last two, on the cutline now

Bogeyed the last two, on the cutline now

Bad finish but should make it through. Tied 58th with 1 amateur among those ahead of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

agusta wrote: »
    JP is off around 15 or 16 handicap .he get a few pars like any other 15 handicapper or even a good few off the medal tees
    As far as I remember JP is off 18, and TBH he'd be a typical 18 handicapper, has a terrible swing but still manages to get the occasional par/birdie, and like most 18+ handicappers thinks he's better than he actually is :pac::pac:.

As far as I remember JP is off 18, and TBH he'd be a typical 18 handicapper, has a terrible swing but still manages to get the occasional par/birdie, and like most 18+ handicappers thinks he's better than he actually is :pac::pac:.

JP is a lot less than 18. Always features in the dunhill links & pebble beach pro ams. He Deffo has a few shots in hand as well

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

Todays score card

2r5qmc5.png

At least there was only 3 poor holes today!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Birdie, birdie, birdie, double bogey start today. 16 birdies week to date and still only level par!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,897 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Going well.

You nearly get a sense looking at Padraig's card . That at this stage of his career he is just going for.

I'm very encouraged with the way he is going.

Love to see him get a top 50 in Open.

Nice round by Padraig today - 67 to finish 3 under and currently tied 31st. Only the second player to birdie the 18th today. Nice to see him finish on a positive note heading into The Open.

20 birdies, putting must have been some way positive.

Ok folks, this is the big one! The one event every year where Padraig legitimately might have an outside chance due to the difficulty, conditions, links style and of course his great record at the most prestigious event of the year!

He finished with a nice final round yesterday and a lovely birdie to finish which is always a nice feeling to end the week. The most encouraging thing about the whole week is that he made 20 birdies which must mean he was putting well! His form has trended upwards slightly in the past few weeks with 14th at the Irish Open where he flirted with the lead a few times. A bad second round cost him a missed cut at the French Open and now a top 30 at the scottish is at least an upward trend from a huge string of missed cuts and 60-70th finishes.

This is also his first major since last August so I imagine he has been honing his game for this week. A big week here could slow down his decline to retirement, a desperate thought Harrington will never want to admit.

If I had one wish today it would be when Harrington's name is drawn out in this afternoons tee time announcement, it will be alongside a major marquee name. i.e Tiger Woods so we can see the great man in the heat of the battle again!

C'mon Padraig. Give us all a run this week!!!!! :)

Funnily enough his 2 wins are his only top 20 finishes in his last 10 Opens.

He's out wth KJ Choi and Charl Schwartzel at 9:15am on Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭shaneon77

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I'm afraid to hope for too much here......but I would like to see him make the cut, and see what I wish for after that!

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

pistol_75 wrote: »
    JP is a lot less than 18. Always features in the dunhill links & pebble beach pro ams. He Deffo has a few shots in hand as well
    If by alot less you mean 15 then yea you're right, "he's alot less".
    http://thescore.thejournal.ie/caddy-shack-15-celebrity-golf-handicaps-that-might-surprise-you-458768-May2012/#slide-slideshow14

• Advertisement

Well he played off 13 in the AT&T Pebble beach Pro Am this year. Possible a more credible source...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement