Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Well he played off 13 in the AT&T Pebble beach Pro Am this year. Possible a more credible source...

Could that be three quarters of his handicap for the 4 ball better ball format though?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

There are a few clips of him on the Feherty show on the Golf Channel website

http://www.golfchannel.com/media/feherty-padraigs-yips-confession/

Not sure how you can see the full show on this side of Atlantic?

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

pistol_75 wrote: »
    Well he played off 13 in the AT&T Pebble beach Pro Am this year. Possible a more credible source...
    Possibly, still wouldn't accuse him of been a 9 handicap though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Possibly, still wouldn't accuse him of been a 9 handicap though.

Not sure where your going with this but I have enough to be getting on with... Nothing more to say on the matter only that I didn't accuse him of being a 9 handicapper. I said he had a few shots in hand given that he won a couple of big Pro Am tournaments and was shown to play pretty well on live TV down the stretch.

Over and out. Back to Padraig.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

first round finished and +2 for his round, not to bad ..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

first round finished and +2 for his round, not to bad ..

It's a pet day out there and he is T-77 of the people on the course at the moment. It will take a good round tomorrow just to make the cut. I would go along the lines of not too good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Can't believe Padraig has no sponsor on the front part of his cap. A three time major winner in all.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Sponsors are all about the here and now I'm afraid :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭abff

Can't believe Padraig has no sponsor on the front part of his cap. A three time major winner in all.

I don't know if they showed Padraig teeing off today - I started watching/recording the coverage about five minutes after he teed off. But the only time I saw him on TV was his birdie putt on the 18th. For a two time former winner, I was very disappointed with the coverage but not at all surprised. I expect there is some correlation between the lack of TV coverage and the lack of sponsorship.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

They've just shown him hitting 3 drives on the practice range... Whilst kneeling down.

Sweet J.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

PARlance wrote: »
    They've just shown him hitting 3 drives on the practice range... Whilst kneeling down.

Sweet J.....

Sigh... he was doing the same yesterday. So now we have the happy gilmore, the tennis ball strapped under his left foot and hitting from his knees for his warm up routines. The laughing stock unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Sigh... he was doing the same yesterday. So now we have the happy gilmore, the tennis ball strapped under his left foot and hitting from his knees for his warm up routines. The laughing stock unfortunately.
    There's always been a touch of Forrest Gump about Harrington. It's like the world is just slightly offset from his one.

I do hope he gets his game back, but time seems to be catchiing up on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

rrpc wrote: »
    There's always been a touch of Forrest Gump about Harrington. It's like the world is just slightly offset from his one.

I do hope he gets his game back, but time seems to be catchiing up on him.

Yeah that's true alright. Whatever happens to his game, he is still a 3 time major champ and no one can take that away from him. It's just a shame to see these antics on the driving range which, IMO, are a waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭newport2

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Yeah that's true alright. Whatever happens to his game, he is still a 3 time major champ and no one can take that away from him. It's just a shame to see these antics on the driving range which, IMO, are a waste of time.

Sure he looks like he's having fun!

http://www.joe.ie/sports/golf/video-watch-padraig-harrington-hit-a-135-yard-approach-shot-between-two-trees-and-into-the-hole-while-blindfolded/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I don't think he will ever stop tinkering with his game. I wish he would just hit the damned thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

abff wrote: »
    I expect there is some correlation between the lack of TV coverage and the lack of sponsorship.

Your suspicion is incorrect.
    It simply to do with a widerspread lack of interest in a very minor player these days. The lack of a sponsor interest has the same root cause.

Your suspicion is incorrect.
    It simply to do with a widerspread lack of interest in a very minor player these days. The lack of a sponsor interest has the same root cause.
    So in fact he's correct :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Or could it be the Harrington brand is looking for too much money? How is it nearly every other player in the field has some sort of sponsorship on their hats.

Or could it be the Harrington brand is looking for too much money? How is it nearly every other player in the field has some sort of sponsorship on their hats.

Personally I think there's more to it that just a lack of sponsors wanting it.
    For instance, he could surely stick his Dunnes Stores range logo on it if for free and it'd benefit him (I'm sure he's on some sort of a deal where he a % of sales) albeit to a limited audience (irish market obv). Or Wilson could easily throw there logo on it.

However, I'd say that space has been paid for by his previous sponsor and the time hasn't elapsed yet.
    I've tried to find more info but there's very little out there, but my bet is that he was under contract with gofuzed.com and they seem to have gone kaput (?).

I think Stemson got in financial trouble when he replaced a logo of a company that went bust before. The bust company clawed back some/most of the deal as he had replaced them. Even tough they were no longer in business, he was still under contract.

My guess is that it's something to do with that kind of scenario.
    He has a management team, if they need to keep the space free as method of letting the market know he doesn't have a sponsor then they should be shot.

Personally I think there's more to it that just a lack of sponsors wanting it.
    For instance, he could surely stick his Dunnes Stores range logo on it if for free and it'd benefit him (I'm sure he's on some sort of a deal where he a % of sales) albeit to a limited audience (irish market obv). Or Wilson could easily throw there logo on it.

However, I'd say that space has been paid for by his previous sponsor and the time hasn't elapsed yet.
    I've tried to find more info but there's very little out there, but my bet is that he was under contract with gofuzed.com and they seem to have gone kaput (?).

I think Stemson got in financial trouble when he replaced a logo of a company that went bust before. The bust company clawed back some/most of the deal as he had replaced them. Even tough they were no longer in business, he was still under contract.

My guess is that it's something to do with that kind of scenario.
    He has a management team, if they need to keep the space free as method of letting the market know he doesn't have a sponsor then they should be shot.

• Advertisement

This one:

article-2240431-163879EE000005DC-633_634x526.jpg

rrpc wrote: »
    This one:

That's the sponsor alright, as far as I can see gofuzed.com isn't in existence anymore. A failed social network I think.

They may have paid for X years and gone bust with time still to run on the contract. He mightn't be allowed to put a new sponsor there or there could be claw backs. That's my guess.

That's the sponsor alright, as far as I can see gofuzed.com isn't in existence anymore. A failed social network I think.

They may have paid for X years and gone bust with time still to run on the contract. He mightn't be allowed to put a new sponsor there or there could be claw backs. That's my guess.

That sounds like a logical explanation. I wonder how long he has left to run on his contract?

abff wrote: »
    That sounds like a logical explanation. I wonder how long he has left to run on his contract?

Haven't a clue, that was just my guess, haven't been able to find any articles on it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Harro isn't as far back as I feared he would be after the 74 yesterday. The fact he has an evening draw too looks like it is going to benefit him for the better weather. Hope he makes the cut........

On the sponsorship thing, I can't believe people on here thinking that Harro is not able to get sponsors, did you not see the blindfolded shot thing by HSBC??? They are one of the biggest golf sponsers at the moment and they want Harro. He is a cleancut three time major winner, his form might not be great but he still gets a lot of coverage at tournaments including when away from tournaments and is an R&A ambassador!!

He may not be making the massive money he was in 2008/2009 but I don't think there are any issues for him getting sponsorship.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭JohnnyLocke

These are Harringtons statistics according to the Open app so far. Absolutely appalling statistics that really indicate he is hacking it around the course!

With these stats the fact he still has an outside chance of making the cut, is a miracle! Very unlikely though.

These are Harringtons statistics according to the Open app so far. Absolutely appalling statistics that really indicate he is hacking it around the course!

With these stats the fact he still has an outside chance of making the cut, is a miracle! Very unlikely though.

It looks like the cut will be plus 3 or possibly plus 2, so he will need to pick up at least two shots over the back nine. Seems unlikely, but you never know with Padraig.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Bob Torrance just passed away RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 51,916 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

It's true. Bob Torrance has died RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,897 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Just seen him at range at The Open.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement