Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭rooney30

Just seen him at range at The Open.

Who? Bob or Padraig 😆?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭abff

rooney30 wrote: »
    Who? Bob or Padraig 😆?

Is that supposed to be funny?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭rooney30

ziggy wrote: »
    Not cool! :cool:

Ah lads, lighten up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

It was about as funny as a fart in a space suit

• Advertisement

ForeRight wrote: »
    It was about as funny as a fart in a space suit

Actually, it was a lot less funny than that!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

report and ignore please or risk getting some cards yourself

I thought it was OK to comment on the content of a post as long as you didn't have a go directly at the poster?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭murphdogg11

I think that Padraig is heading down the same road as the likes of Michael Campbell & David Duval & looks increasingly like a spent force. Padraig always had a great links golf game & got the best of the weather in the Open as well. This continuous lack of any form is showing no signs of recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

I think that Padraig is heading down the same road as the likes of Michael Campbell & David Duval & looks increasingly like a spent force.

Harsh enough, Padraig spent at least 10-12 years at the top end of the game 1995/1996 - 2008/2009!! By right he should have double the wins he does have had he converted a handful of those second place finishes.

I am not doubting he is struggling, I can't believe you are comparing him to Duval or Campbell though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭Russman

Not to stray too far OT, but I think Duval was whole order of magnitude a better player than Campbell though. DD got to No.1 when Tiger was playing. He was a serious operator for at least 5/6 years. Not for as long as PH, but arguably he was at an ever so slightly higher level when they were both playing in the early to mid 2000s.
    If Padraig wasn't Irish, I suspect we might well bracket him in the Duval mould at this stage, when the odd cut made is regarded as a "result" of some sort. No doubt he CAN come back (ie he's not injured or ill and one would think, still has the physical capabilities), whether he will or not is another thing. IMHO looking at it from a distance, the head is too fried and he won't, but who knows, there's always hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

I think that Padraig is heading down the same road as the likes of Michael Campbell & David Duval & looks increasingly like a spent force. Padraig always had a great links golf game & got the best of the weather in the Open as well. This continuous lack of any form is showing no signs of recovery.

2008 at Birkdale? Brutal conditions and he won easing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

RikkFlair wrote: »
    2008 at Birkdale? Brutal conditions and he won easing up.

I presume he means this year

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

That's a good comparison with David Duval. It's very hard to see Harrington coming back ....... but I wold LOVE to be proved wrong.

Bad start by Padraig today with a double bogey on the 11th (his 2nd). Looking at shot tracker, he's probably lucky it's modified stableford as it looks as if it could have been a triple bogey or worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

And another double, the pair of them are as bad as 6 bogeys in this format. Another struggle to make the cut from here id say.

And another double, the pair of them are as bad as 6 bogeys in this format. Another struggle to make the cut from here id say.

Just saw that. Feel like tearing my hair out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭paulos53

He just holed a bunker shot for eagle on his 11th for 5 points and jumped up 30 places on the leaderboard. Crazy format :)

And another birdie to get to 15 points. Should see him safely through to the weekend. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Another birdie to finish, +7 was a good recovery considering he was lost 6 pts for those 2 doubles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dero123

I see he has been paired with Woods and Mickelson next week, plenty of air time hopefully

Dero123 wrote: »
    I see he has been paired with Woods and Mickelson next week, plenty of air time hopefully

What's far more likely is plenty of time showing Woods and Mickelson and then cutting away just as Padraig is about to play his shot. Hope I'm wrong.

3 putt from 15 feet for Padraig for double bogey and further slide down the OWGR. Very frustrating to be a PH fan right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

**NEWSFLASH**
    Tiger pulls out of USPGA when he found out of first day pairings

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭superhooper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Dangerous.... hmmmm not so much. Ridiculous, silly, laughing stock... more so.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Link is not working for me here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Dangerous.... hmmmm not so much. Ridiculous, silly, laughing stock... more so.

Yeah, I'm sure they're all laughing at a past champ on the range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Link is not working for me here.

This might work... http://www.golfchannel.com/media/mad-scientist-harrington-range-valhalla/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

fullstop wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm sure they're all laughing at a past champ on the range.

They are. Literally.
    A past champion sinking so low....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement