Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

Just to add to that - his putting stats this year on the Euro tour are behind Sergio and Ernie Els. His scrambling is way below Sergio as well. Stangely enough, it seems his chipping & putting is what has cost him this year.

I've heard many commentators mention how mechanical his putting stroke looks like. He seems very uncomfortable over the putts and is probably just trying too hard as well.

Needs to book himself onto one of those Dave Pelz short game courses!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 687 ✭✭✭headmaster

Wow, you people are wonderful at finding the faults in other people. I'm sure you've no faults yourselves at all. You're all great people, keep it up and i'm sure you'll all have excuses for writing what you do write. No doubt i'll be finding out what they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

headmaster wrote: »
    Wow, you people are wonderful at finding the faults in other people. I'm sure you've no faults yourselves at all. You're all great people, keep it up and i'm sure you'll all have excuses for writing what you do write. No doubt i'll be finding out what they are.

To be fair mate, PH(whom I greatly admire) comes out every week telling us he is flying it in practice and that all he needs one or two putts to drop but when you look at the stats or watch him playing like I did in Killarney on the Friday this year, you can see clearly that his head is spinning him around in circles, such a great talent but needs to wind down just a small bit, pity he doesn't drink!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 687 ✭✭✭headmaster

you'll all have excuses for writing what you do write. No doubt i'll be finding out what they are.

ba ba bob,
    Good man bob, I knew you'd emerge from the woodwork, anyone else? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I reckon POD can't wait for the new season to start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Hacker111

PH is over as a top level player.. can we just close this stupid Paddy following thread and move on? talk about flogging a dead horse... he done amazing to win 3 majors, granted but his just not up to it anymore.... he will not win a serious competition next year.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Jul3s

Hacker111 wrote: »
    PH is over as a top level player.. can we just close this stupid Paddy following thread and move on? talk about flogging a dead horse... he done amazing to win 3 majors, granted but his just not up to it anymore.... he will not win a serious competition next year.
    Why is it always the "..." freaks that clearly know it all?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

[/QUOTE]
    Why is it always the "..." freaks that clearly know it all?.[/Quote]

He never said he knows it all, can you show me why you think ph is suddenly going to start winning comps again?? Is there something in his duck hooks that tells you he's not far away from a victory !! Or is the fact that he was utter crap in 2011 which might give people the opinion that's he wouldn't win a 9 hole turkey comp.

He never said he knows it all, can you show me why you think ph is suddenly going to start winning comps again?? Is there something in his duck hooks that tells you he's not far away from a victory !! Or is the fact that he was utter crap in 2011 which might give people the opinion that's he wouldn't win a 9 hole turkey comp.
    Is this a new form of punctuation or keyboard tourettes?.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Jul3s wrote: »
    Is this a new form of punctuation or keyboard tourettes?.
    Ellipsis... couple of thousand years old is all... sometimes it's when you leave out the assumed stuff and sometimes it's where you leave out the words on account of being to arsed to bother typing any more...

• Advertisement

Ellipsis... couple of thousand years old is all... sometimes it's when you leave out the assumed stuff and sometimes it's where you leave out the words on account of being to arsed to bother typing any more...
    Ok fair enough!!!!.... and how???? does one??? explain all the ??? and the randomness of it all??????!!! ....?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

[Quote=Jul3s;
    Is this a new form of punctuation or keyboard tourettes?.[/Quote]

Thanks Julie but I typed so as PH will understand although I did leave out a few "eh" "eh" "eh"'s
    Apparently PH spends most of his Saturday's and Sunday's on boards looking for tips!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Martin567

It's sad that some people have to be so bitter and twisted. Not very ladylike in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭deko43

headmaster wrote: »
    you'll all have excuses for writing what you do write. No doubt i'll be finding out what they are.

ba ba bob,
    Good man bob, I knew you'd emerge from the woodwork, anyone else? :rolleyes:

Was just having a laugh ... much needed these days.In reality I am a big fan of PH and I reckon he has the drive and ability to do a Vijay or a Jimenez and win just as much in his 40's as he did over the past 10 years.

hawkelady wrote: »
    Thanks Julie but I typed so as PH will understand although I did leave out a few "eh" "eh" "eh"'s
    Apparently PH spends most of his Saturday's and Sunday's on boards looking for tips!!
    That's ok hakeladie, I'm sure PH waits with bated breath for you next gem!!!.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

3 Majors.

Most on here will not see a golfer from Rep. of Ireland ever do that again.

He could never make a cut again and that is all he will be remembered for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

From Paddy's website:

"I have looked back at the week and gone through my stats. I was shocked to see how many putts that I missed, with over forty putts from the twenty foot or less range. As I went through my stats I realized that it was my short game that had let me down - the amount of putts that I hit and a number of poor chip shots and bunker shots."

He then goes on to attribute this to tiredness and generally trying too hard. Hopefully some r&r over the winter will sort him out and have him coming back fresh and ready to compete at the top again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dr.Silly

PRAF wrote: »
    From Paddy's website:

"I have looked back at the week and gone through my stats. I was shocked to see how many putts that I missed, with over forty putts from the twenty foot or less range. As I went through my stats I realized that it was my short game that had let me down - the amount of putts that I hit and a number of poor chip shots and bunker shots."

He then goes on to attribute this to tiredness and generally trying too hard. Hopefully some r&r over the winter will sort him out and have him coming back fresh and ready to compete at the top again.

lol...I seriously doubt it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Harrington has provided me with a lot of great moments since he turned pro, I reckon I have gone through ever emotion watching him play. I will never give up on him. I look forward to next season and I just hope he can provide some more moments to cherish.

I went through a time of frustration with Paddy and had given up on him, but was in a book shop and in the used section (which has a certain ironic element to it), I found a book called Through The Lens. It is a book of photos of his 3 majors, just blew me away again. I had to buy it and it sits next to me now. (sound like a stalker) lol.

I was reading an interview with Paul Kimmage and him recently, Kimmage likes to get into heads. Paddy is an unusual fella, but just comes across as sound and I have seen some of the work he does for charity and he does not go on talking about it, it seems he pays his taxes here too and lives here as much as possible.

Basically, Padraig was not happy with his game and his mantra is to be the best he possibly can be. That has got him to where he is , bit like the famous Roy Keane one " The only thing that goes with the flow are dead fish". (sorry an aside), but i used it to show that sometimes these guys are talented at sport but have to have an answers for the media, people then look deep into the statement and ................But they are only people and say the first thing that sounds good sometimes.

Anyway, the article gave an idea of the stuff it takes to be at his level and the sacrifces with family etc.

As a child I watched and watched , Darcy, O'Connor, Smith, M Sludds, J O'leary, Walton, then Mcginley and Harrington. There would be a short burst or good day, but my heart would be broken by day 2 or 3.

My Dad in his 77 years can go back and he had never seen a major won by an Irish man , he can end his days happy that Paddy gave us the 3 great days he gave us. Imagine all the great Irish golfers who never even seen or heard of an Irish man win an Open. A sin when you think how close to our shores and our history in links golf.

Anyway in every childhood golfer there is a dream of that final put , that major, that open, Padraig has played out that dream, his father never seen it. But , he may look down a happy man.

I understand frustration because of a lost time in our lives and I'm sorry for my over sentimental Jerry Maguire moment. I'm on very strong antibiotics at the moment

So when you tread on this thread , tread softly , for you tread on my dreams. ;)

• Advertisement

I went through a time of frustration with Paddy and had given up on him, but was in a book shop and in the used section (which has a certain ironic element to it), I found a book called Through The Lens. It is a book of photos of his 3 majors, just blew me away again. I had to buy it and it sits next to me now. (sound like a stalker) lol.

I was reading an interview with Paul Kimmage and him recently, Kimmage likes to get into heads. Paddy is an unusual fella, but just comes across as sound and I have seen some of the work he does for charity and he does not go on talking about it, it seems he pays his taxes here too and lives here as much as possible.

Basically, Padraig was not happy with his game and his mantra is to be the best he possibly can be. That has got him to where he is , bit like the famous Roy Keane one " The only thing that goes with the flow are dead fish". (sorry an aside), but i used it to show that sometimes these guys are talented at sport but have to have an answers for the media, people then look deep into the statement and ................But they are only people and say the first thing that sounds good sometimes.

Anyway, the article gave an idea of the stuff it takes to be at his level and the sacrifces with family etc.

As a child I watched and watched , Darcy, O'Connor, Smith, M Sludds, J O'leary, Walton, then Mcginley and Harrington. There would be a short burst or good day, but my heart would be broken by day 2 or 3.

My Dad in his 77 years can go back and he had never seen a major won by an Irish man , he can end his days happy that Paddy gave us the 3 great days he gave us. Imagine all the great Irish golfers who never even seen or heard of an Irish man win an Open. A sin when you think how close to our shores and our history in links golf.

Anyway in every childhood golfer there is a dream of that final put , that major, that open, Padraig has played out that dream, his father never seen it. But , he may look down a happy man.

I understand frustration because of a lost time in our lives and I'm sorry for my over sentimental Jerry Maguire moment. I'm on very strong antibiotics at the moment

So when you tread on this thread , tread softly , for you tread on my dreams. ;)
    On the looney juice again I see, best not give up the day job just yet!.

Was Jul3,

Antibiotics , very strong. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,375 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Is every post of yours pure tripe, or just most of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

Harrington loses FTI deal
    BY BRIAN KEOGH THURSDAY, JANUARY 5, 2012 AT 5:00

Padraig Harrington will no longer sport the FtI log on his cap as he chases world ranking points early this season. Photo Eoin Clarke/www.golffile.ie
    Padraig Harrington is on the look out for world ranking points and a major new sponsor after losing his $10m deal with FTI Consulting.

The global business advisory giants snapped up the Dubliner’s services just over three years ago as he basked in the glory of his third major victory in the 2008 US PGA.

The mega-deal was believed to be worth a cool $10m to the Irish ace but over three years. But after slumping from third to 85th in the world rankings since then, his management at IMG confirmed yesterday that FTI has decided not to extend his contract.

That means there may be some valuable advertising space available on the front of Harrington’s cap when he kicks off his 2012 campaign in the Volvo Golf Champions in South Africa in two weeks’ time.

Yet more than cash, the triple major winner badly needs to move up the world rankings so he qualifies for the first two World Golf Championships of the season.

And he knows that if he fails to qualify for them he will struggle to win his seventh Ryder Cup cap in Chicago in September.

After missing a WGC event for the first time in his career when he failed to qualify for the HSBC Champions in Shanghai last November, Harrington said: “I am mindful that if I don’t get into the world events it is very difficult for me to get into the Ryder Cup. I have got to play well next year in the right events otherwise the Ryder Cup won’t happen for me.”

Only the top 64 in the world will qualify for February’s WGC-Accenture Match Play in Arizona.

That means that Harrington will need at least one big performane well in his first three events of the season to make it to Tucson while a trip to the WGC-Cadillac Championship in Miami in March would require a move into the world’s top 50.

The 40 year old will make his 2012 debut in the Volvo Golf Champions at Fancourt in South Africa from January 19-22.

He will then battle the likes of Tiger Woods and the world’s top-three of Luke Donald, Lee Westwood and Rory McIlroy for huge points in the Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship.

Harrington will then head to the US for the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am and the Northern Trust Open on Los Angeles.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Stella89

Harrington is tied 3rd after two rounds in pebble AT & T open. This is his first tournament in America in 2012

Stella89 wrote: »
    Harrington is tied 3rd after two rounds in pebble AT & T open. This is his first tournament in America in 2012

He's got plenty of time to cock it up don't worry

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Dr.Silly wrote: »
    He's got plenty of time to cock it up don't worry

But this is the new and improved reformed Paddy. He's gonna be a contender.

But this is the new and improved reformed Paddy. He's gonna be a contender.

of course, till he gets another 8 on a par 3 or par 5 again :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭Myksyk

Dr.Silly wrote: »
    of course, till he gets another 8 on a par 3 or par 5 again :P

Unfortunately, you've proven rather prescient. Shocking finish yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Just hope he keeps it together, keep in the top 10 would represent a decent finish.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement