Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Fair play to Harrington for pulling he round together and only dropping one shot on the day. I didn't watch much of his round, but Sky commentators implied that he was spraying the ball round all over the place. Delighted he will be around for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭dcrosskid

Tom.D.BJJ wrote: »
    I am a Padriag fan and always want him to do well, but he isnt near the quality of Langer.

Which Watson are you referring too btw? If it's Tom, then Padraig isnt remotely in the same category. Not even close

Surely its Bubba that he is refering to, doesnt he have a similar amount of majors at thsi stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,897 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Tom.D.BJJ wrote: »
    I am a Padriag fan and always want him to do well, but he isnt near the quality of Langer.

Which Watson are you referring too btw? If it's Tom, then Padraig isnt remotely in the same category. Not even close

Lol - Padraig has more Majors than Langer.

Agree Langer is another level.

But that is not my point.

I'm making the point that some golfers have prolonged careers - they have the drive , ambition etc.

I'm not really saying above are in the same league - even if most are actually below Padraig.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,360 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Harrington around for the weekend. good finish 2 birds & finishing with a par on the par 5 18th. nice to see him finish like that after his recent troubles with the projected cut.

Coming back to the european tour might be exactly what he needs!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

yea. ill make a prediction here now. ranked 287th today. this time next year he will be at least 286th... :)

• Advertisement

Henrik Stenson (only 5 yrs younger than Harrington) had gone down to 222nd on the 2nd Feb 2012, to 55th within the year. Now 3rd.
    Believe!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭murphdogg11

Amazing if people consider making the cut to be a successful week for Padraig. He finished 73rd!

He has now slipped to 299 in world rankings.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Domo1982

Amazing if people consider making the cut to be a successful week for Padraig. He finished 73rd!

I don't think this is the case to be fair Murphdogg. People are just looking for Padraig to take a step in the right direction.

Harrington -1 after 6 holes in the KLM

1 birdie, 5 pars.

Come on Harro!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭HB2002

Rikand wrote: »
    Harrington -1 after 6 holes in the KLM

1 birdie, 5 pars.

Come on Harro!

Think he just eagled the 7th!

He sure did! Come on Harri!

Back to back birdies. Finishing strongly for the second consecutive week in the second round.

finished with a par. took ages for the leaderboard to update...phew!

Made the cut :) I hope he has a good weekend. 8 shots behind the leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

remember a time when i used to be frustrated when he came 2nd. now i just long for those days :( never know though, he's only 8 shots off the lead. there's still hope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭cairny

Saw a good bit of him today, he looks really uncomfortable putting, taking forever, backing off a la Keegan Bradley. If only he could find a bit of confidence in the short stick then I'm convinced all would be well.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

OMG he's going to win win this weekend, I just so know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭abff

OMG he's going to win win this weekend, I just so know it.

Look, he may not win this weekend, but he's showing some signs of a return to form, so give him a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Stella89

Good start for Paddy in final round. birdies 3 of first 4 holes

Edit. double bogeys the next :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Stella89 wrote: »
    Good start for Paddy in final round. birdies 3 of first 4 holes

Edit. double bogeys the next :(

Finished two under for today and -4 for the tournament. Tied 36th which is not bad at all. Should give him a little boost up the rankings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭paulos53

That early double has been changed to a bogey and moves him up to 28th

rrpc wrote: »
    Finished two under for today and -4 for the tournament. Tied 36th which is not bad at all. Should give him a little boost up the rankings.

His score on the 14th has been amended from double bogey to bogey. This moves him to 5 under and a tie for 28th. It won't make much difference to his world ranking - he'll earn 1.24 points for finishing in an 8 way tie for 28th. Chances are he'll drop out of the top 300 next week for the first time since 1996.

He has gone out to 315 I sorry to report.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

That was inevitable. Still, it was a reasonable week. I see he isn't playing in Wales.....presumably Ryder cup duties take over now.

I know it's not much consolation, but at least he picked up some world ranking points yesterday. He would have fallen to 324th if he had finished one shot worse.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Paddy 3 under after 4 on Carnoustie in the Dunhill Links, let the dreams and hopes begin for a successful weekend :(

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

-5 thru 6

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Monty must be him giving advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

-5 through the turn.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement