Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

3 birdie 6 bogeys 1 db

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

So he missed the cut and had a few bogies and doubles. I wonder was going to play in the US such a good idea. No choice I suppose, seeing as he has missed out on the end of season events in Europe. I hope this doesn't set him back - I had been quite optimistic lately.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Tickets for an evening with him in the Gaiety in January just went on sale. They are €55 but all proceeds going to his charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭newport2

Tickets for an evening with him in the Gaiety in January just went on sale. They are €55 but all proceeds going to his charity.

Picked up a couple, looking forward to it. Ticketmaster reported in the papers they were going to forego their fees on this as it's for the ISPCC, but are charging €5.95 service charge per ticket.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I picked up my ticket too. I presume that fee will also be going towards the charity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭cairny

Second date added, tickets available for that but looks like 1st one sold out.

cairny wrote: »
    Second date added, tickets available for that but looks like 1st one sold out.

I'm delighted if that first gig is sold out. It shows that Padraig still has plenty of admirers and supporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭newport2

vienne86 wrote: »
    I'm delighted if that first gig is sold out. It shows that Padraig still has plenty of admirers and supporters.

Sold out in 60 minutes. Here's me waiting just before the 9am release, keyboard ready and afraid I wouldn't get one. All that panic over nothing. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I picked up my ticket too. I presume that fee will also be going towards the charity.

According ot the man himself:
    Tickets from €45 will go on sale from Monday 3rd November from Ticketmaster who has waived the booking fee for this special event and with the Gaiety and the theatre crew waiving their fee too it means that all the proceeds from the sale of the tickets will go to the two charities.

TM are still sticking it on, however.

newport2 wrote: »
    Sold out in 60 minutes. Here's me waiting just before the 9am release, keyboard ready and afraid I wouldn't get one. All that panic over nothing. :)

A nice distraction from his world ranking position which is so sad to see.

• Advertisement

I see he's playing in the Sanderson Farms....they're showing a fair bit of him on Sky. Going nicely. Short putt for a birdie on 8 to go 3 under.

Not a great field of course, but could get the confidence up if he goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

I see he's playing in the Sanderson Farms....they're showing a fair bit of him on Sky. Going nicely. Short putt for a birdie on 8 to go 3 under.

Not a great field of course, but could get the confidence up if he goes well.

Nice one, just switched it on and first two shots are by Duval and Harrington :D

Here's hoping for a return to former glories :)

Nice one, just switched it on and first two shots are by Duval and Harrington :D

Here's hoping for a return to former glories :)

David Duval might be hoping the same. Nice hole out there from Padraig. Minus 3 for the first 9, even though he parred the par 5's. No boges on his card so far, which is great.

Immelman and Glover are playing too; nice collection of major winners who inexplicably fell off the side of the golfing world.

Obviously not in the class of Harry and Duval but Immelman's struggles are particularly surprising.

Immelman and Glover are playing too; nice collection of major winners who inexplicably fell off the side of the golfing world.

Obviously not in the class of Harry and Duval but Immelman's struggles are particularly surprising.

Just seen Ben Curtis! Quite a few old favourites here. And Padraig makes a birdie at the par 5 11th. Now on -4.

Padraig seems to be putting nicely. He got a birdie on the 11th, but gave it back again on the 13th. He had a difficult put from the edge of the green to make is par - didn't get it but shaved the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Dealerz

Oh Christ what a bad putt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Anatom

That was awful and he knew it...

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

2 bogies in a row, was unlucky on the par 3 13th for it not to drop. but played the par 5 14th terrible, hopefully its only a blip. birdie everything home.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,895 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

What score is padraig lads.

On phone.
    find us pga site like something from 1994.

In fact another subject. But why are golf tour Web sites so poor ?

• Advertisement

A loose chip leads to a two-putt and just a par on the 15th....

On phone.

-2 through 15

On phone.

He's back to two under and has just missed the right hand side of the fairway on the 16th...

Sky just put up a list of major champions in this field.....quite a list!

Anatom wrote: »
    He's back to two under and has just missed the right hand side of the fairway on the 16th...

Got his par on 16th. Damage limitation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

Anyone know what happened on 18?following shot tracker and he only advanced 15ft with his second from the fairway!what the hell?surely he didn't duff a shot?

MarcusP12 wrote: »
    Anyone know what happened on 18?following shot tracker and he only advanced 15ft with his second from the fairway!what the hell?surely he didn't duff a shot?

Oh God no! The PGA website has sat down on me so I don't know what has happened on the last hole. Anywhere else to get an update?

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

Oh God no! The PGA website has sat down on me so I don't know what has happened on the last hole. Anywhere else to get an update?

Holed an 11 footer for par by the looks of it. Good finish to a solid round. Hopefully he can back it up now.

Oh God no! The PGA website has sat down on me so I don't know what has happened on the last hole.

Panic over...must have been a blip with the app...seems to have sunk a nice 12 footer for par to finish 2 under....we can all relax now till the 2nd round for another installment of the paddy roller-coaster!...shame he didn't pick up a shot or two after the back to back bogeys...decent start but should have been better...hopefully he'll kick on,play well tomorrow to make the cut comfortably and climb the finish out the tournament strongly forbade change...

• Advertisement

MarcusP12 wrote: »
    Panic over...must have been a blip with the app...seems to have sunk a nice 12 footer for par to finish 2 under....we can all relax now till the 2nd round for another installment of the paddy roller-coaster!...shame he didn't pick up a shot or two after the back to back bogeys...decent start but should have been better...hopefully he'll kick on,play well tomorrow to make the cut comfortably and climb the finish out the tournament strongly forbade change...

Typos all over the shop there, sorry!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement