Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Distant shouts of "he's back". :)

hoping for a good second round.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭abff

Padraig currently 3 under for his second round after 4 holes and in a tie for second at 10 under overall, 2 behind the leader. Was even better at 4 under after 3 holes - started eagle, birdie, birdie!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Birdie on 7 to get back to -11, just one off the lead.

Birdie on 7 to get back to -11, just one off the lead.

And another on the 8th to get to 12 under and tied for the lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭newport2

Tied for lead now on -12 after 12. 6 holes to play and his co-leader is in the clubhouse. Another couple of birdies now would place him nicely

• Advertisement

Off just before 4 a.m Irish time tomorrow morning in round 2.

Just noticed he teed off an hour later than I figured, the Rolex clock beside the leaderboard shows Singapore time. Jakarta is 1 hour behind that. GMT +7.

Play suspended due to lightening.

Play suspended due to lightening.

It says it was suspended over an hour ago. Here's me hitting refresh and thinking POD was taking ages on the par 5 13th........how many shots??!! Phew!

newport2 wrote: »
    It says it was suspended over an hour ago. Here's me hitting refresh and thinking POD was taking ages on the par 5 13th........how many shots??!! Phew!

It was suspended at 8 a.m our time.

It was suspended at 8 a.m our time.

I'm confused!

The leaderboard says it's currently 16:30 these and 8:30 here.

It also says:

Round 2 suspended at 3pm due to lightning.
    Scores last updated at 05/12/14 16:13:50

Why are they saying it was suspended at 3pm?

(I know you're correct in what you're saying, the leaderboard was updated until 16:13, or 8.13 our time)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Tied for lead now on -12 after 12. 6 holes to play and his co-leader is in the clubhouse. Another couple of birdies now would place him nicely

Lovely :)

Hope he can keep it going when play resumes

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭liamos43

is there a shot tracker facility with this competition - if so where - thks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

liamos43 wrote: »
    is there a shot tracker facility with this competition - if so where - thks

I think you only get that on the PGA tour.....maybe just as well I often think!

Brilliant news about Padraig.

I'm confused!

The leaderboard says it's currently 16:30 these and 8:30 here.

It also says:

Round 2 suspended at 3pm due to lightning.
    Scores last updated at 05/12/14 16:13:50

Why are they saying it was suspended at 3pm?

(I know you're correct in what you're saying, the leaderboard was updated until 16:13, or 8.13 our time)

The Rolex clock beside the leaderboard shows Singapore time. Jakarta is 1 hour behind that.

vienne86 wrote: »
    I think you only get that on the PGA tour.....maybe just as well I often think!

Brilliant news about Padraig.

Im concerned the suspension in play could hamper him when it resumes.

The ideal scenario if hes going well would for him to be able to keep going

Play suspended until 6:30 tomorrow morning. Which is 10:30 this evening, unless they are on some funny time difference.

Just seen Jerry's post. I guess that means it will be 11:30 this evening when play resumes. 24 holes for Padraig tomorrow.

Finished the second round with 6 pars to be in a tie for the halfway lead at 12 under. Currently 3 under after 7 in the 3rd round and 4 shots clear of second place. Fingers crossed that he can keep this going for another 29 holes.

Still 3 under today after 9 holes and 15 under overall. Now 5 shots clear of his playing partners and 7 shots ahead of tied 4th place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

It warms the heart seeing him at the top of a leadrboard again. Really hope he closes it out.

• Advertisement

It warms the heart seeing him at the top of a leadrboard again. Really hope he closes it out.

As long as he doesn't get ahead of himself. It's been so long since he found himself in this position.

Play suspended again, as usual weather comes in at almost the same time. -16 after 13, leads by 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭cairny

https://mobile.twitter.com/asiantourgolf/status/541138560293040128/photo/1

It's such a buzz to see him on top of a leaderboard again. Looks like he's been holing decent length putts all week which is the most encouraging bit.

Play suspended again, as usual weather comes in at almost the same time. -16 after 13, leads by 5.

16 under - WTF

:D

Great news - hope it keeps going well for him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Still a chance the round might resume in the next hour, according to the commentators. (fingers crossed).

The challenge for him will be getting the consistency right I think.

But if he keeps this performance up - that gives him something to work on.

Heck even being able to be 16 under at this stage in the 3rd round gives him something to work on - it will show him what he MIGHT be able to achieve.

Very important I think

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dero123

Play done for the day now 5 ahead, lets hope he can do it tomorrow and finish season on a high

Dero123 wrote: »
    Play done for the day now 5 ahead, lets hope he can do it tomorrow and finish season on a high

I hate to mention the war - but if the unbearably unthinkable happens - and he was to win* - would this gain him any kind of exemption for the Asian tour.

Would winning the event gain him an Asian tour card for example....

*Id love to see it - but im fearful things may not go so good if pressure comes on

Old diesel wrote: »
    I hate to mention the war - but if the unbearably unthinkable happens - and he was to win* - would this gain him any kind of exemption for the Asian tour.

Would winning the event gain him an Asian tour card for example....

*Id love to see it - but im fearful things may not go so good if pressure comes on

Why would he want an exemption on the Asian tour diesel? All he wants is a W.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Well this is a good news story if ever there was one. I know it's in Asia, and we wouldn't recognise most of the names in the field, but it would surely do is confidence so much good to get a win again. Such a pit we can't see it on TV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement