Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭newport2

vienne86 wrote: »
    Excellent. Love following Padraig.....and hopefully his win in Asia will encourage him.

I had a dream the other night that he won this week. I couldn't believe he had won twice in a row. Hopefully it was a premonition!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

newport2 wrote: »
    I had a dream the other night that he won this week. I couldn't believe he had won twice in a row. Hopefully it was a premonition!

Dream on!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Per his Twitter feed

"Thanks to everyone who came to my charity shows last week.We raised over €165k for the ISPCC and my foundation"

Well done P.

B8T-rNfCYAASnDK.jpg:large

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭abff

I see Padraig has a late tee time tomorrow. He's out in the second last group off the 10th tee with John Huh and Adam Hadwin at 1:01 PM local time (8:01 PM Irish time).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I have a feeling he will get into contention maybe even at top 5 or 2 over the next few weeks. 200/1 not bad e/w odds this week

• Advertisement

redzerdrog wrote: »
    I have a feeling he will get into contention maybe even at top 5 or 2 over the next few weeks. 200/1 not bad e/w odds this week

Worth a punt.

Great field this week.

redzerdrog wrote: »

POD wins play-off with Tiger on Sunday night. You heard it here.......;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

newport2 wrote: »
    POD wins play-off with Tiger on Sunday night. You heard it here.......;)

Well done memory man...;)

http://www.golftoday.co.uk/news/yeartodate/news06/dunlop_phoenix_4.html

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »

Ah, those were the days. POD was 4 behind on the back nine at one stage, great comeback. Missed the green right on the play-off hole, short-sided and still got up and down. Great win.

I also remember a shot played by Woods on the par 5 18th on Saturday. He hit his tee shot into trees on right and had to chip out. He had 290 left to the pin and hit a 5 wood to 12 feet and holed it for birdie. POD said afterwards that the main reason he played golf was to get to see shots like that executed.

It's a pity a real rivalry never happened between the two, they were great to watch the few times they were neck and neck with each other. POD was the one guy who didn't crumble under Tiger and he obviously admired him for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Yeah at his talk it was one of the interesting comments he made.

Was asked the 3 part question...

Who is best long game,
    Who was best short game, &,
    Who was best putter you've ever played with and his answer was....

Tiger
    Tiger
    Tiger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭irish_man

Is there much point tuning in to watch him on SS4? He probably won't make an appearance, unless he has a hole in one or something!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,889 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

The par 3 was a good novelty - I think even the crowd have got over the novelty. Or not drunk enough yet, or Watling for weekend.

Different , but a bit of a distraction from the actual event to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭YoTaro

Dissapointed I couldn't make it to Padraig in the Gaiety, I wonder were the shows recorded, it would be nice to see his clinic!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

ec5050 wrote: »
    Dissapointed I couldn't make it to Padraig in the Gaiety, I wonder were the shows recorded, it would be nice to see his clinic!

Prob better chance of seeing his clinic than a shot of his on sky this evening :(

irish_man wrote: »
    Is there much point tuning in to watch him on SS4? He probably won't make an appearance, unless he has a hole in one or something!!

I haven't seen him yet.....lots of Tiger coverage, but I suppose that given he might be there for only two days, they want to make the most of it. Following PH on the shot tracker. Going steadily but has a good birdie chance on hole 14........but just a par.

Lads - he hit an unreal shot in 15 - (well from what we can make out of in play)

Par 5 - 247 yards to hole to 18 feet.

I was looking at it going - now paddy, you said you have to sort par 5s this year do not go for it :D

He's on the web now on hole 16. Drove in the bunker. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Whats his current score???

Old diesel wrote: »
    Whats his current score???

1 under.

It mad they are showing most at 16 , but sadly no Paddy.

It is the Tiger bad round show.

• Advertisement

Good up and down to save par on 16 - good man Padraig.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭irish_man

Good up and down from Paddy there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

vienne86 wrote: »
    1 under.

Cheers - thank you.

After I asked the question - I had a brain wave and checked the live scoring - I take it when hole 15/16 is been referred to - that's actually just his 3rd or 4th hole in the round - as it looks to me as if hes on the back 9???.

Am I right???

Cheers - thank you.

After I asked the question - I had a brain wave and checked the live scoring - I take it when hole 15/16 is been referred to - that's actually just his 3rd or 4th hole in the round - as it looks to me as if hes on the back 9???.

Am I right???

yes.

2 or 3 under would be a great days work.

Cheers - thank you.

Am I right???

Yes, he started on the back nine so he's 1 under after playing 7 holes. GIR only 29% so scrambling well.

Good chance again for Paddy

News flash! Sky had just show him holing out on the ......16th!!!!

Good chance again for Paddy

No bad shot from 47 yards.

• Advertisement

Another par on 17. Nothing spectacular, but if he ends up -2 or -3, I'll be pleased.

Commentators have just said front 9 is more difficult than back 9. C'mon Padraig!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement