Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Pretty hilarious start from Paddy. Bogeys all the par 4's so far and birdied the two par 3's. 1 par and that was on a par 5!!!

Great consistency!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

finally pars a Par4

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

It could be worse....He could be Tiger....no Birdies..3 bogeys..2 Double Bogies and 1 Triple Bogey to top it off. He is lying dead last after 13 holes on 12over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Bit of a miracle needed from Pod now to make the cut. Terrible start to the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

That's an awful looking card. I was so hopeful yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭JohnnyLocke

I have a sneaky suspicion Hes actually only 1 over. something doesn't add up on shot tracker. It says he only hit the ball a yard twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

I have a sneaky suspicion Hes actually only 1 over. something doesn't add up on shot tracker. It says he only hit the ball a yard twice.

The live scoring was showing 3 over a few minutes ago

(the one his own site links to)

Edit - it shows him as having done another hole - and still on 3 over par

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭JohnnyLocke

Old diesel wrote: »
    The live scoring was showing 3 over a few minutes ago

(the one his own site links to)

Edit - it shows him as having done another hole - and still on 3 over par

I know but shot tracker said he hit it 4 feet from the middle of the fairway on the 8th. Unless he took a 2 foot divot there's no way he could do that. Also on the 6th it says he done the same in the bunker

I know but shot tracker said he hit it 4 feet from the middle of the fairway on the 8th. Unless he took a 2 foot divot there's no way he could do that. Also on the 6th it says he done the same in the bunker

Anythings possible with Padraig these times :eek:

It does look like (on a wider note) that the benefits of the Indonesian win have been lost during the 7 week lay off.

I wonder would things have been different with this event had the win been last week (if that makes sense)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Well leaving the ball in the bunker is a possibility but other one a shot tracker error.

Birdied 13 and I was thinking he could still make the cut with another par5 and drivable par4 to come. Alas a lost ball or OB off the 14th tee means the weekend off.

• Advertisement

Well leaving the ball in the bunker is a possibility but other one a shot tracker error.

Birdied 13 and I was thinking he could still make the cut with another par5 and drivable par4 to come. Alas a lost ball or OB of the 14th tee means the weekend off.

Sadly an early shower looked on the cards early on in the 2nd round :(

The roller coaster is parked up for another week :eek:

Is he back in another event next week - his site seems to be saying tbc (to be confirmed???) - or it was last night

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Sadly an early shower looked on the cards early on in the 2nd round :(

The roller coaster is parked up for another week :eek:

Is he back in another event next week - his site seems to be saying tbc (to be confirmed???) - or it was last night

Yeah himself and Lowry playing Torrey Pines next week.

It looks like according to live scoring that hes down for a double bogey at 14 - a birdie at 13 would have bought to +2 but now hes at +4 after 14

Nightmare day for him

• Registered Users Posts: 20,359 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Harrington hits it INSIDE THE Q!

They reckon on the 16th hole coverage ;)

Rikand wrote: »
    Harrington hits it INSIDE THE Q!

They reckon on the 16th hole coverage ;)

what does that mean - inside the Q

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Inside 7 feet, sponsored by Quicken Loans, hence the Q, they have a thing going in the States where someone gets their mortgage paid on a Q hole in one...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    Inside 7 feet, sponsored by Quicken Loans, hence the Q, they have a thing going in the States where someone gets their mortgage paid on a Q hole in one...

Yet hes still only showing as a par on 16 - on live scoring - it seems nothing is going right for him :(:(:(:(

Pity it wasn't a cash price - hed have something from the weekend.

(im assuming the mortgage is LONG paid off)

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

A snowman on the last , good grief

• Registered Users Posts: 20,359 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Yet hes still only showing as a par on 16 - on live scoring - it seems nothing is going right for him :(:(:(:(

Pity it wasn't a cash price - hed have something from the weekend.

(im assuming the mortgage is LONG paid off)

lol

not his mortgage. A quicken loans customer. And if inside the Q a random customer gets a month paid for them. For the hole in one, a customer gets a year paid off, not the whole lot ;)

I haven't been following this tonight. What in the name of heavens happened on the 18th?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dero123

vienne86 wrote: »
    I haven't been following this tonight. What in the name of heavens happened on the 18th?
    Based on shot tracker he either four putted the last from a foot or took a load of fresh airs!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Horror show today, pretty much along the same lines as all of last season.

He simply can't stop making at least one total mess of a hole in each round.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Dealerz

Jaysus, that was some fresh air- tried to play it left handed over a lake and whiffed it!

Dero123 wrote: »
    Based on shot tracker he either four putted the last from a foot or took a load of fresh airs!!!

OK so we don't know. Glad I'm not the only one who couldn't figure the shot tracker.

7 over he finished up at if I heard the lady on the radio - the news - correctly.

But alas the radio was on in a different room so not sure.

Tiger did even worse - 13 over par - and again I think she said it was his (Tigers) worst ever round as a professional - not sure though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

vienne86 wrote: »
    OK so we don't know. Glad I'm not the only one who couldn't figure the shot tracker.

They actually showed some of it on Sky. He was right up along side a hazard with a really awkward stance and he completely whiffed it - ball didn't advance at all (well 3 inches according to shot tracker). He then took another attempt and sent the ball across the fairway to the opposite intermediate rough.

Shot tracker seems to be applying a 2 stroke penalty aswell so not sure what that is from.

7 over he finished up at if I heard the lady on the radio - the news - correctly.

But alas the radio was on in a different room so not sure.

Tiger did even worse - 13 over par - and again I think she said it was his (Tigers) worst ever round as a professional - not sure though

Yep - he shot a 78!

Learderboard:

http://www.pgatour.com/leaderboard.html

Was just talking to someone on twitter about an entirely different topic altogether nothing to do with Golf or Padraig Harrington - and happened to mention about things been in a rut.

That's possibly part of Padraigs difficulty - hes in a rut of nightmare performances that's very hard to get out of - making mistakes - dropping shots when he NEEDS to be gaining them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Was just talking to someone on twitter about an entirely different topic altogether nothing to do with Golf or Padraig Harrington - and happened to mention about things been in a rut.

That's possibly part of Padraigs difficulty - hes in a rut of nightmare performances that's very hard to get out of - making mistakes - dropping shots when he NEEDS to be gaining them.

he won last time out!;)

• Advertisement

redzerdrog wrote: »
    he won last time out!;)

I think we all hoped that win would have what was needed to get him going again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement