Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Oh god.....this is awful stuff....just awful. Was so hopeful coming in to this round.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

vienne86 wrote: »
    Oh god.....this is awful stuff....just awful. Was so hopeful coming in to this round.

Id hate to think what it must be like for himself out there :eek::eek::eek:

What must be going through his mind.

"im a pro golfer - GET ME OUT OF HERE"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

That par 5 double sums it up really....par it and he still has a decent shout of scraping through with a birdie on the par 5 last assuming the cut stays at level....instead he doubles it And bar a miracle that's curtains again.....I know it's awful to say but it's almost like a small mercy when he misses a cut when he's stinking the place out like that....really had higher hopes than this at the start of rhe season...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Not watching how did he get the 7?

Old diesel wrote: »
    Id hate to think what it must be like for himself out there :eek::eek::eek:

What must be going through his mind.

"im a pro golfer - GET ME OUT OF HERE"

Oh absolutely. I'm just very disappointed, but he must be devastated.

• Advertisement

Oh absolutely. I'm just very disappointed, but he must be devastated.

Obviously hes not going to do it

BUT I really think he needs to forget the US altogether - its proving nothing but a right nightmare for him - and I can't see any benefit of it for him.

Not sure what the way forward for him would be apart from the need for him (as I see it) to forget the US for the moment.

Im wondering where else he might compete instead.

The thing is - I think he still has a certain amount of ability - as afterall he did win in Indonesia before Christmas - and while that was on an easier course with an easier field - now maybe im wrong in thinking this - but he wouldn't have won in Indonesia playing like he did today.

Or am I wrong

Obviously hes not going to do it

BUT I really think he needs to forget the US altogether - its proving nothing but a right nightmare for him - and I can't see any benefit of it for him.

Not sure what the way forward for him would be apart from the need for him (as I see it) to forget the US for the moment.

A few people here have suggested he quit play in the US for a while....it seems logical to us, but it's his choice. Painful to watch.

A few people here have suggested he quit play in the US for a while....it seems logical to us, but it's his choice. Painful to watch.

The problem I see is that the negative US form could hinder him in European events as well.

Could you imagine :eek::eek::eek: - if the Irish open for example was next week :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭cairny

The problem I see is that the negative US form could hinder him in European events as well.

Could you imagine :eek::eek::eek: - if the Irish open for example was next week :eek:

I can't see what difference changing tour could make?

If you can't hit greens regularly doesn't matter where you play.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dero123

At least next week he gets three rounds with cut on Saturday , pro am format at pebble could be what he needs. Presumably he is playing with jp McManus

• Advertisement

cairny wrote: »
    I can't see what difference changing tour could make?

If you can't hit greens regularly doesn't matter where you play.

Possibly no difference whatsoever.

But yet he won in Indonesia less then 10 weeks ago - which would make you wonder if he would be more competitive in another format.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

I'm very disappointed, but he must be devastated.

Spare a thought for the lads he beat in Indonesia :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭cairny

Possibly no difference whatsoever.

But yet he won in Indonesia less then 10 weeks ago - which would make you wonder if he would be more competitive in another format.

It's the same format everywhere. He's beating himself these days, changing the opposition won't stop that.

cairny wrote: »
    It's the same format everywhere. He's beating himself these days, changing the opposition won't stop that.

See this is the baffling thing.

He was able to play well enough to win in Indonesia.

Why was this.

Different tour (Asian).

The course????

The opposition???.

Its baffling

Spare a thought for the lads he beat in Indonesia :pac:

Im sure they will be fine :D:D.

Just like Padraig will have to deal with the reality that he was woeful in this 2nd round.

His Indonesian opponents will have to deal with the reality that whatever the reason - they weren't good enough to beat Padraig 2 months ago.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Luke Donald missed the cut, so did Justin Rose, Billy Horschel and Jordan Spieth.
    Phil Mickleson just missed two cuts in a row, relax.
    He'll get top 10 next week...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    He'll get top 10 next week...

We all want you to be right!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭newport2

We all want you to be right!

I think Tiger was distracting him. With him out of the way now there'll be no stopping Padraig next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Montgolfier

His head is gone, maybe it's harder to focus as you get older. He got a lovely eagle and lost focus, couldn't get it back. He's a great player but I don't think he'll ever get if back. Love if he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭murphdogg11

He started round 2 at -3 then got to -5 & finished at +7. Don't see him recovering from this setback any time soon. His confidence is so frail that a mistake seems to kill it off quickly during his round.

• Advertisement

He started round 2 at -3 then got to -5 & finished at +7. Don't see him recovering from this setback any time soon. His confidence is so frail that a mistake seems to kill it off quickly during his round.

For him to move forward - he will need to develop (or redevelop) the ability that if hes at -5 - to actually stay there - or progress from there - ie improve the score - drop to -6 or -7.

Obviously he did better in terms of scoring in round 1 - but as I understand it - there are TWO courses to be played at this particular event - and his round 1 course was the EASIER off the two.

I understand from other posts here - that his current difficulty is that his shots are a bit all over the shop in terms of hitting the greens.

Something he needs to work on obviously - very hard to get things right in his long running slump in form.

Consistency is one of his major issues too

For him to move forward - he will need to develop (or redevelop) the ability that if hes at -5 - to actually stay there - or progress from there - ie improve the score - drop to -6 or -7.

Obviously he did better in terms of scoring in round 1 - but as I understand it - there are TWO courses to be played at this particular event - and his round 1 course was the EASIER off the two.

I understand from other posts here - that his current difficulty is that his shots are a bit all over the shop in terms of hitting the greens.

Something he needs to work on obviously - very hard to get things right in his long running slump in form.

Consistency is one of his major issues too

Yes, a bit all over the place particularly with the tee shots - his sub par rounds seem to have involved a lot of scrambling.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gman127

level after 1. tied 2nd place. He has it now! 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

gman127 wrote: »
    level after 1. tied 2nd place. He has it now! 😀

Where are all the naysayers now!? #Typical

2 under through 6, good start. Be interesting to see how he reacts if he has a bad hole.

EDIT: Birdie at 8 puts him tied for lead on 3 under

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

3 under through 7...Leading the tournament

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Be interesting to see how he reacts if he has a bad hole.

Or a really good hole , was it not after the eagle that it all started to come apart the last time out ?

jonski wrote: »
    Or a really good hole , was it not after the eagle that it all started to come apart the last time out ?

Lets just say it'll be interesting to see what happens instead ;)

Padraig in a fairway bunker on the 10th......seems to be in the same bunker as Shane!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭lorenzo87

Jaysus lads, it's 4 days, not 4 minutes. Give it two rounds, then see how he's doing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement