Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Well Pod was second at Pebble in 2000, one or two shots behind though if I remember correctly :pac:

Well it was third, should have googled it first, but felt like trusting my long term memory!

Well it was third, should have googled it first, but felt like trusting my long term memory!

It was fifth! I give up a bit like the great man's career at the moment - progressively worse :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Absolutely ripping it up! What a man!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Just made his first bogey. Seems to have overshot the green with 128 yards left and couldn't get up and down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

jonski wrote: »
    Or a really good hole , was it not after the eagle that it all started to come apart the last time out ?

Yes - but the fact hes getting good holes in is a positive imo

How does this competition work

If im looking at the right score sheet - which may not be the case - hes showing up as 2 under at T65 with his partner.

Old diesel wrote: »

If im looking at the right score sheet - which may not be the case - hes showing up as 2 under at T65 with his partner.

Think the T65 is the pro am, but in the actual competition he's T28 atm. At least I think thats how it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,358 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

What's happened to McManus ? He normally blitzes those things!

Recovers from a bogey at 13 with a birdie at 14. Good man Padraig!

• Advertisement

Recovers from a bogey at 13 with a birdie at 14. Good man Padraig!

nice work

Regarding the T65 - I went on to his (Padraigs) website and it was the Pro Am sheet it took me into.

But I was thinking then that the Pro Am was actually the whole competition - especially as the click on the live scoring option was taking into last weeks competition.

So I take it that the Pro Am is ongoing - but theres actually the normal Pro competing againsed each other competition - and thus hes T28 in that - or was since hes now got a birdie on 14.

nice work

Regarding the T65 - I went on to his (Padraigs) website and it was the Pro Am sheet it took me into.

But I was thinking then that the Pro Am was actually the whole competition - especially as the click on the live scoring option was taking into last weeks competition.

So I take it that the Pro Am is ongoing - but theres actually the normal Pro competing againsed each other competition - and thus hes T28 in that - or was since hes now got a birdie on 14.

Yeah thats what I was thinking, would I be right in saying the Pro Am part of the competition ends on Saturday or does it continue to Sunday?

Another birdie! Tied for 7th at -4.

How hard is the course???

I know that when he did the 3 under on the first day last week the course was the easier one of the 2 courses to be played.

My understanding is that there will be 3 different courses for the guys to play over the 3 days

Yeah thats what I was thinking, would I be right in saying the Pro Am part of the competition ends on Saturday or does it continue to Sunday?

Continues till Sunday as far as I know, the top teams make the cut on Saturday as well as the top 65 pros.

How hard is the course???

I know that when he did the 3 under on the first day last week the course was the easier one of the 2 courses to be played.

My understanding is that there will be 3 different courses for the guys to play over the 3 days

They're all pretty similar difficulty wise but Pebble is probably the easiest with the way it's set up for this week.

They're all pretty similar difficulty wise but Pebble is probably the easiest with the way it's set up for this week.

I've been trying to figure out what the (PB) beside his name was ha. Seems like most of the guys near the top are playing Pebble Beach so presumably it is the easiest of the lot.

Another good shot and green hit, he's hit a lot of greens today - GIR 87.5%. All the more impressive with Pebble having some of the smallest greens around.

He's definitely back this time! :pac::pac::p

Another good shot and green hit, he's hit a lot of greens today - GIR 87.5%. All the more impressive with Pebble having some of the smallest greens around.

He's definitely back this time! :pac::pac::p

He could have easily had 4 birdies in a row there.

Poor final drive, hopefully he recovers to finish what would be a great round.

He hit out to the fairway, then hit to 4 feet and good shout for birdie now. Who is this mentally solid golfer and what has he done with Padraig Harrington?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

yes great recovery.

But is ShotTracker - he could be on Pebble Beach.

Another beauty at the last, nice to see him hitting some shots on the tv as well.

what a bleeding shot

2 great shots.

3 feet.

Another beauty at the last, nice to see him hitting some shots on the tv as well.

I'd love to see you hit a shot v Ryainer :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭The Premier Man

Interesting that McManus club is down as Limerick considering he owns adare manor.great to see them all on to,hopefully we see plenty of them tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Good round from Padraig - 4 under 68.

Three birdie chances go by at the final 3 holes, he'll probably be disappointed with that but great to see him up there.

I'd love to see you hit a shot v Ryainer :p:D

PM'd him today and told him you'd be on our backs :p but couldn't come up with a time just yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭JohnnyLocke

Disappointing finish considering he missed a 6 footer on 16 and a 3 footer on 18 for birdies. 4 under actually happens to only be middle of the road now that all the scores are in. Needs another 2 rounds similar to this just to make the 3 day cut I'd imagine. Excellent GIR stats though which is a big positive but the key for me is the fact he seemed to hit his wedges close. Keep it up now for the weekend Pod!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

498 pages written about this legend! How I've never seen it before

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement