Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭JohnnyLocke

Meanwhile his partner Lowry birdies it to go 12 under. Is it time to start a Shane Lowry thread? Haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Meanwhile his partner Lowry birdies it to go 12 under. Is it time to start a Shane Lowry thread? Haha

Shot tracker is all over the place on that last hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭abff

Wtf is happening now? Showing as 2 under for the round, but overall score is showing as -4.

Just been changed to a triple bogey to finish. WOW

They've now changed Padraig to a 7.

Which, sadly, is probably more in keeping with what we've come to expect. He'll have known teeing it up on 18 he needed par, and he's blown it. :(

• Advertisement

Confirmed via Twitter that it was a 7. Apparently he looked gutted.

He's not the only one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Oh Gawd! I was just thinking he had been having a fairly calm day, but blows up on the last hole and now misses the cut. I dunno......I just don't know what to think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭WhatNowForUs?

To much talking lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Bogey. Now tied 62nd and an MDF the most likely outcome.

Hugely dispiriting. :(

I thought the MDF didn't apply with this event since it was 3 rounds before a cut on this event????

Another missed cut :(:(:(

While hes his own worst enemy - its really unfortunate because there seemed to be positives from this weekend.

Top 60 and ties for this event, 61-70 are MDF.

Sadly, that doesn't even apply to Padraig after the horror show.

• Advertisement

Sick as a parrot!

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭lorenzo87

He has been a horror show for years. And there should be a Shane Lowry thread, as he deserves our support more than Padraig right now, he is the future.

lorenzo87 wrote: »
    He has been a horror show for years. And there should be a Shane Lowry thread, as he deserves our support more than Padraig right now, he is the future.

There is a Shane Lowry thread.

Top 60 and ties for this event, 61-70 are MDF.

Sadly, that doesn't even apply to Padraig after the horror show.

When we say the last hole was a 7 - was that a par 4 and he scored +3 on that one hole.

I feel bad for the guy for the following reasons

1) prior to the last hole he was only 4 shots behind Lowry

2) The horror show at the last - plus yesterdays bad start - mar what was otherwise a promising performance (imo)

The roller coaster is running full belt :eek:

I don't know if that's a genuine post or just trolling, but it's probably the last thing anyone on here needs to hear right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

Index 2 hole so somehow don't think it's quite that simple.

Obviously its not that simple but the hole is 408 yards.....it's a straight hole for the love of God...maybe the pressure got to him....I know it's not in the nature of a pro golfer to play ultra conservatively but a hammered long iron (which I assume he'd consistently hit within the width of the fairway) would probably only leave him a 7 or 8 iron...surely a par would be relatively straight forward From that kind of position...and before I get a barrage of abuse,I know it's probably not that straight forward!im just struggling to understand how it can go that badly....absolutely gutted for him...cruel way to finish as it was actually a good performance to get inside the cut line from where he started....oh well!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

There is a Shane Lowry thread.

.....which has more than 3K posts, and makes very good reading these days.

abff wrote: »
    I don't know if that's a genuine post or just trolling, but it's probably the last thing anyone on here needs to hear right now.

Sorry if the truth hurts. Harrington is the cause of his own demise.

You must feel so proud of yourself!

You'd wonder what its gonna take for him to finally snap. I'd throw myself into the ocean if I was him now.

In all seriousness though he's had so many absolute nightmares to miss cuts and complete meltdowns to throw himself out of tournaments that he must eventually be thinking "I need to change something big here and start fresh!" I know he tinkers all the time but something like changing schedule completely i.e euro tour/asian tour......changing personnel (caddy)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

You're a bit of a silly billy ain't you

MarcusP12 wrote: »
    Obviously its not that simple but the hole is 408 yards.....it's a straight hole for the love of God...maybe the pressure got to him....I know it's not in the nature of a pro golfer to play ultra conservatively but a hammered long iron (which I assume he'd consistently hit within the width of the fairway) would probably only leave him a 7 or 8 iron...surely a par would be relatively straight forward From that kind of position...and before I get a barrage of abuse,I know it's probably not that straight forward!im just struggling to understand how it can go that badly....absolutely gutted for him...cruel way to finish as it was actually a good performance to get inside the cut line from where he started....oh well!

Totally agree. When you triple bogey a hole you havent just hit a bad shot youve made a bad decision too. Theres no way hed make triple hitting an iron off the tee. The problem with this guy, he's thinking, if i bomb a driver down I can birdie it and get into contention tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

ForeRight wrote:
    You're a bit of a silly billy ain't you

He is is he not? A 7 to put him out of Sunday golf is nothing but his own doing. Can't defend that.

abff wrote: »
    You must feel so proud of yourself!

I don't follow? I know ye all love Harrington here, as do all of us Irish, but get real. He has been finished for a long time, he isn't a 1/4 the player he used to be and never will be again. Some on here were having orgasms when he was a few under on Day 1 which was ridiculous. Ye can save this post if ye want and ridicule me, but he will never win another European Tour event, will never win another PGA Tour event and will never finish in the Top 10 of another major. The man has no confidence or self belief whatsoever these days, after Round 1 he went on record saying he finds it hard to play easy shots. We all want to see Padraig do well, me just as much as anybody, but I am not deluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

He is is he not? A 7 to put him out of Sunday golf is nothing but his own doing. Can't defend that.

I talking about the fact this guy is calling for a Lowry thread.

He messed up - BUT

Horror show apart - I think there HAD been positives to this weekends performance

1) He was able to get birdies

2) recovered well after yesterdays poor start

3) actually had the opportunity to drive on and do better (due to aforementioned birdies)

Unfortunately the big negative at the last hole has undone all the good work.

But I still maintain the positives ive outlined above still stands - regardless of a disaster at the last

Unfortunately the disaster will be a knock to his confidence - because had he done better - he could potentially have carried momentum from a good performance into the next event.

Wheras now - he has to rebuild from a disaster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

ForeRight wrote:
    I talking about the fact this guy is calling for a Lowry thread.

What! A whole thread like? pffff. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,190 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I don't follow? I know ye all love Harrington here, as do all of us Irish, but get real. He has been finished for a long time, he isn't a 1/4 the player he used to be and never will be again. Some on here were having orgasms when he was a few under on Day 1 which was ridiculous. Ye can save this post if ye want and ridicule me, but he will never win another European Tour event, will never win another PGA Tour event and will never finish in the Top 10 of another major. The man has no confidence or self belief whatsoever these days, after Round 1 he went on record saying he finds it hard to play easy shots. We all want to see Padraig do well, me just as much as anybody, but I am not deluded.

You didn't mention the Asian Tour....
    He'll win there won't he?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

Totally agree. When you triple bogey a hole you havent just hit a bad shot youve made a bad decision too. Theres no way hed make triple hitting an iron off the tee. The problem with this guy, he's thinking, if i bomb a driver down I can birdie it and get into contention tomorrow!

That's kindly at the root of what I think happened to him without the benefit of the detail...probably thought he needed to birdie the hole when the reality is a solid par would have been enough....it's so frustrating but we can only imagine how gut wrenchingly soul destroying it is for the great man himself....part of what I admire about the man is how he seems to be able to pick himself up and get out there week after week in spite of the nature of his set backs...it must be hard knowing that not that long ago,he'd have owned most of these young bucks and most will never achieve half of what he has in his career to date...

• Advertisement

And there we have it. How in the name of Christ could he choose driver?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement