Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Cut +2

Maybe you should stop posting incorrect info?

Will surely go out to +3, +2 would be better though assuming no double on the last. Could do without a 3rd round cut!

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭lorenzo87

Looks like he has achieved his goal this week, on a brutal tough course.
    Well done Padraig!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Fairway hit on 18. Almost there. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭JohnnyLocke

PADRAIG HARRINGTON HAS MADE THE CUT!

If he could knock this putt in at the last he could set himself up for a decent weekend too. Big difference in positions between E and +1

• Advertisement

Never in doubt :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Alleluia :) good man paddy!! It's a start I suppose

What sort of a nutcase is he? I was thinking, pressure is off here he's made the cut, he might make this putt for birdie by easing it up to the hole and dropping it in the front door, nothing silly. He RACES it 7 feet past almost. Makes the one back thankfully. Should make the cut by 2 shots. Relax and enjoy your evening Padraig. Rip it up tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

6 and a half foot for par. Tsk - What a tease.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,751 ✭✭✭abff

Parred the 18th after hitting his first putt almost seven feet past the hole. At least it's a step in the right direction.

• Advertisement

Wouldnt believe a word of shot tracker lads. Ive seen putts on tv totally different to what shot tracker has shown.

See you all tomorrow :)

Most promising aspect about this is his putting. Hasnt missed a putt inside 5 feet and has had to make quite a few from 5,6,7 feet over the two days. Only real mistake was the 3 putt on 4 today.

When I turned on live@ and watched what happened I thought he was a gonner and I actually think he did too. His expression changed dramatically into a smile! No worse than a 5 on his card for 2 days. Thats great to see! The 10th looked like the big disaster hole and he got through it by holing a great putt.

I know this is going to sound very pessimistic, but I hope that no more than 78 players make the cut (preferably only 70 or 71) so that we don't have to worry about a third round cut. I think he'll play a lot better tomorrow if he knows he's guaranteed a fourth round.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

abff wrote: »
    I know this is going to sound very pessimistic, but I hope that no more than 78 players make the cut (preferably only 70 or 71) so that we don't have to worry about a third round cut. I think he'll play a lot better tomorrow if he knows he's guaranteed a fourth round.

Its a good point actually.

Hes tended in the last few events - including this one - to do better in the 1st round - and I imagine that theres less pressure on him on the first day.

More pressure on the 2nd day to make the cut etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Good stuff. Hopefully the made cut will ease a bit of the pressure and he can kick on with a good round tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Aaaaaaannnnnddddddd

Breath!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Just seen he has made the cut......nice! Hope that gives him a bit of confidence for the weekend.

Old diesel wrote: »
    Its a good point actually.

Hes tended in the last few events - including this one - to do better in the 1st round - and I imagine that theres less pressure on him on the first day.

More pressure on the 2nd day to make the cut etc.

If we're to believe the man himself its the complete opposite.

75 players made the +3 cut so no 3rd round cut to worry about ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

75 players made the +3 cut so no 3rd round cut to worry about ;)

That's a relief!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I didn't get to watch this last night, but delighted he made the cut comfortably.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

Great news that he made the cut....he has a great opportunity to make a bit of progress in the tournament now that the jinx of the last few tournamenta is broken.the field seems quite tightly packed and a better than average round could see him threaten top 20 and then who knows...all he needs to do is keep the big figures off the card!

Its amazing how tight the leaderboard is - and while Padraig had a +2 yesterday - quite a few other players had similar scores yesterday going by the leaderboard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

Its amazing how tight the leaderboard is - and while Padraig had a +2 yesterday - quite a few other players had similar scores yesterday going by the leaderboard

The relief of making the cut relatively comfortably must to tempered somewhat for him by the knowledge that if he'd shot level par,he'd have stayed in the top 20 instead of sliding like it usually means....but that could work in his favour today, like I said if he shoots better than the field average...

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

MarcusP12 wrote: »
    The relief of making the cut relatively comfortably must to tempered somewhat for him by the knowledge that if he'd shot level par,he'd have stayed in the top 20 instead of sliding like it usually means....but that could work in his favour today, like I said if he shoots better than the field average...

Taken from the PGA website:

The scoring average on Thursday was nearly two strokes over par at 72.965. And when darkness stranded one player on the course Friday, that number clocked in at 72.669.

Shows that Padraig's two rounds (esp Thursday) were more than decent

REBELSAFC wrote: »
    Taken from the PGA website:

The scoring average on Thursday was nearly two strokes over par at 72.965. And when darkness stranded one player on the course Friday, that number clocked in at 72.669.

Shows that Padraig's two rounds (esp Thursday) were more than decent

My understanding is that he made a bit of a mistake at the 18th - he parred instead of getting a birdie as a result.

I think that's where the comment came from

My understanding from a post here yesterday is that he overshot the hole in the shot for birdie on 18th

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dero123

Starting shortly from the tenth, hopefully he gets same start as Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dero123

Starting shortly from the tenth, hopefully he gets same start as Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 11,376 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

My understanding is that he made a bit of a mistake at the 18th - he parred instead of getting a birdie as a result.

I think that's where the comment came from

My understanding from a post here yesterday is that he overshot the hole in the shot for birdie on 18th
    And he made the putt back, so what's the problem?! The first put was from ~25 feet.

• Advertisement

Shaky start by Padraig. Needed a 7 foot putt to save par at the short par 4 10th and has taken a six at the par 5 11th.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement