Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭JohnnyLocke

Ok now im excited! 14 FEET FOR EAGLE!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Shot tracker is slow.
    or his drive is so long . It has taken that long to get to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Great approach!

serious Head Scratching Going On.

Bird will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

14footer for eagly on 18!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

serious Head Scratching Going On.

Bird will do.
    Why are you head scratching? Great approach shot, leaves himself with a great chance at eagle. Even if he doesn't sink it he should birdie the hole and be the clubhouse leader!

Missed eagle. 3 footer for birdie

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

14footer for eagly on 18!!

And the outright lead!!!

3 foot, could he not have just rolled up beside the bloody hole!

Birdie to finish! Well done Padraig!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

I'm happy he tried for the eagle. It shows his head is in the game today. It's been his mental game that's been shot more so than his actual game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Please, let it happen

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

No. He is a major champion.
    Not at a weekend 4 ball.

Well done Padraig! He said an even par or 1 under round would be good today so to shoot a 3 under having got a bogey early on is really great. Here's hoping he can keep it up over the next day or three!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

I pointed out last week that I thought the quote below from Padraig's FB diary was actually a good thing...
    I have taken a more relaxed approach to the week - I took Monday and most of Tuesday off. In fact I only went to the course for an hour to get a new driver. On Wednesday I played the pro-am and then afterwards hit a bucket of balls and did some chipping, bunker and putting practice. I certainly can't be accused of overdoing it, but it's been great as Caroline is out and we got to relax together.

And then again from his FB entry yesterday....
    I have stuck to my new regime of taking it easy and trying to get some rest. I traveled on Monday and then spent forty minutes with Pete Cowen on Tuesday, then left it at that. As I was in the Wednesday pro-am, I wasn't to pushed on seeing the course on Tuesday.

Whilst I was doubtful about his game at this course this week, I really hope this new regime will be a continued positive introduction.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

super round..so happy for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

JP and Dermot must have given him some ferocious advice last week ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭lorenzo87

You don't go around that course -3 unless you are playing terrific golf. High winds, long holes, tight pin positions, a lot of water hazards. -8 won this event last year. The forecast is terrible for the weekend and they are expecting 40 km/h winds Sunday along with rain and thunder! I personally think that if conditions deteriorate over the weekend as expected, it will suit Padraig down to the ground because he is more familiar with those kind of conditions than most there this week. -6 or -7 could well win this tournament if the weather gets worse. Great round today, for me his best round in a long long time.

I feel like celebrating? Is that sad?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

I feel like celebrating? Is that sad?

No,far from it.

He keeps coming back,when all appears lost.

Tommorrow is another day,lets hope he can move on from today's round,and keep his momentum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Go get locked Johnny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Just loaded up the PGA Tour site and figured I'd be scrolling down for quite a while until I got to Padraig......

Pleasant surprise to have no scrolling at all! Great start.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Hate to say I told yous so

But

I did

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

Brilliant to see him in contention. Will count for nothing unless he backs it up tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

A great start and it looks even better with Rory 2 over and G Mac 4 over early in their rounds. Long way to go but very encouraging.

I've said it to two Irish people who are golf fans themselves that Harrington is (or was) holding the clubhouse lead and both replied with "Ah sure he won't even make the cut." I don't know what it is about Irish but people but we can be so begrudging and smug at other people's failure. For people like those I mentioned Padraig is almost a joke figure, but for me whatever happens for the remainder of his career he'll always be one of the greatest sportsmen this country has ever produced. I wish others could see his achievements for what they are.

I agree pierce. I'd be one of his biggest fans.

But . I'd still be happy if he made cut. Finished top 40.

One round doesn't make a golfer.

All . I've ever said on here, is he will have a big big outing at a major again at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Nice to read how paddy is doing after coming out of work.
    That's pretty good shorting around a very tough golf course.
    Won't get ahead of ourselves just yet however

I agree pierce. I'd be one of his biggest fans.

But . I'd still be happy if he made cut. Finished top 40.

One round doesn't make a golfer.

All . I've ever said on here, is he will have a big big outing at a major again at some stage.

Agreed. I was out recently with about 7 lads having pints after a round and we had a bit of a heated debate about Padraig. Basically there was only two of us who believe he can get back to close to his best, not necessarily winning majors, but playing good golf. I'd love to see it anyway.

• Advertisement

Time to hit the drink, watch the wind blow and the bad scores get posted! haha A bit cynical but I dont care!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement