Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭JohnnyLocke

He'll be a little disappointed by the finish but hes guaranteed to be the leader playing the last 2 rounds. 16 foot putt to determine if its a 1 shot lead or a 2 shot lead!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

Could pay the price here

Drop one at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,751 ✭✭✭abff

Another dropped shot at the 18th, but I think we all would have settled for a 66 at start of play.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Regardless of what happens for the rest of the weekend - these 2 rounds have DEFINITELY given him something to build on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

abff wrote: »
    Another dropped shot at the 18th, but I think we all would have settled for a 68 at start of play.

He shot 66 it's a par 70

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Another dropped shot at the 18th, but I think we all would have settled for a 68 at start of play.
    Not to be an asshole but it's a 66, course plays 70 to par. Still a great round, one shot clear and will be in the leading group this evening. If he keeps this up he could easily win. My guess is that 10 under will win it so hopefully he can get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Drops one on the last. Great round though. Fair play to him....really looking forward to tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

What time are players back out at this evening?

Its tricky that he will have to play part of his 2nd round AND his third round on the same day.

When is he scheduled to play later on?????

He can be VERY pleased with his performance so far

Paddy out at 1:30 local time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Just back in from playing golf to see Podge is top of the leaderboard! Cracking stuff, disappointing to see he bogeyed the last two but still, well done Padraig, hopefully he continues that into this afternoon.

ForeRight wrote: »
    Paddy out at 1:30 local time

Where did you get that time from? Shot tracker is still showing 9 players out on the course.

Where did you get that time from? Shot tracker is still showing 9 players out on the course.

@HondaClassic tweeted it a while ago

11:30-1:30 3rd round tee times split tees

@HondaClassic tweeted it a while ago

11:30-1:30 3rd round tee times split tees

It looks like there will be between 70 and 72 players making the cut. This would mean 24 groups. Allowing for 10 minute intervals, this would mean 1:50 between the first and last groups, but maybe they'll stagger the gap every few groups.

Actually, as it's already 11:45, I presume those times have been pushed back. Still no tee times showing on the PGA Tour website, but maybe start around 12 or 12:30? I wonder will they have enough daylight to finish the second round today.

Feeling nervous - and I can't make up my mind whether dropping the 2 shots at the end is good or bad

Good because it was at the very end of the round - and he can now regroup.

Not so good because I worry it might indicate hes losing momentum.

feeling nervous - REALLY want him to do the best he can

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Old diesel wrote: »
    Feeling nervous - and I can't make up my mind whether dropping the 2 shots at the end is good or bad

Good because it was at the very end of the round - and he can now regroup.

Not so good because I worry it might indicate hes losing momentum.

feeling nervous - REALLY want him to do the best he can

Just don't expect too much, there are going to be a lot more shots dropped from everyone this weekend. He has been in a great place mentally so far so I don't think the 2 dropped shots will affect him too much. Whatever happens it's great just to see him up there again and we'll see plenty of him on our screens tonight.

Will it be Poulter or Steele joining Harrington and Reed? Poulter finished first so I presume it will be him?

Out at 1:50pm local time with Reed and Poulter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Out at 1:50pm local time with Reed and Poulter.

Thats a class group

• Advertisement

Thats a class group

Plenty of TV coverage garanteed!

I'm so excited

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Superb from paddy. Very encouraging stuff. A good solid start required in his 3rd round. Quite a strong line up just behind him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

Regardless of how the next couple of rounds go,this has been one he'll of a performance so far....to put it into context,the cut was +4!that's a very high cut....disappointing couple of bogeys at the there but hopefully he can pick up an early birdie to put that behind him...

Superb from paddy. Very encouraging stuff. A good solid start required in his 3rd round. Quite a strong line up just behind him.

Mickelson should improve.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I'm so excited

...and I just can't hide it...

harringtonmo1-580x412.jpg

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

MarcusP12 wrote: »
    Regardless of how the next couple of rounds go,this has been one he'll of a performance so far....to put it into context,the cut was +4!that's a very high cut....disappointing couple of bogeys at the there but hopefully he can pick up an early birdie to put that behind him...

For once in long time,he does not have to play catch up.

He has the game,does he have the mentality.?

Should be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Dr Devious

The tougher the conditions the better for Padraig, with all respect to him, he is the quintessential grinder on a golf course.

Really looking forward to watching him tonight......I'm tired of the shot tracker!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

slave1 wrote: »
    ...and I just can't hide it...

harringtonmo1-580x412.jpg

I'm about to lose control and I think I like it ....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement