Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

I wasn't too worried about an hour ago as I figured there was enough daylight between the top 4 or 5 and the pack such that he could loose a little ground but still finish with a very respectable top 5,worst case scenario.....but that was an hour ago...now it looks like he'll get sucked back into the pack unless he picks up a couple of shots and quickly!seems to be decent scoring by those around him....very disappointing so far...only consolation with all this is he still has another round to go and maybe he can turn it around and finish strongly...seems to be the same old problem,can't string 4 good rounds together...if he could somehow stay within 2 or 3 shots by the end of the round then he might have an outside chance of nicking it if plays like he did for the first 34 holes in the final round but it's not looking good!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

GET IN!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Ive no sky, but im following it through ye lads, cmon paddy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

:):):)

MarcusP12 wrote: »
    I wasn't too worried about an hour ago as I figured there was enough daylight between the top 4 or 5 and the pack such that he could loose a little ground but still finish with a very respectable top 5,worst case scenario.....but that was an hour ago...now it looks like he'll get sucked back into the pack unless he picks up a couple of shots and quickly!seems to be decent scoring by those around him....very disappointing so far...only consolation with all this is he still has another round to go and maybe he can turn it around and finish strongly...seems to be the same old problem,can't string 4 good rounds together...if he could somehow stay within 2 or 3 shots by the end of the round then he might have an outside chance of nicking it if plays like he did for the first 34 holes in the final round but it's not looking good!

He's playing well, he hasn't fallen into a hole after a rough start. Guys like Kaymer and Westwood are 6 over for their rounds today, it's still not easy out there.

He's acquitting himself well and long may it continue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Agree - he genuinley has hit the ball well tee to green.

A little gap forming now - one more bird will keep him in top bunch.

Also - get away from poults - he would do his own mother's head in.

BTW - hopefully poults has an explosion - all is fair in love and love.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

He's playing well, he hasn't fallen into a hole after a rough start. Guys like Kaymer and Westwood are 6 over for their rounds today, it's still not easy out there.

He's acquitting himself well and long may it continue.

To be fair I'm not watching it,just following shot tracker...he's just got one back so hopefully he can get something going and stay in touch!alternatively a few screw ups from those ahead will also be welcomed!!

Agree - he genuinley has hit the ball well tee to green.

A little gap forming now - one more bird will keep him in top bunch.

Also - get away from poults - he would do his own mother's head in.

He has to play the last two rounds with Poults no matter what. Anyway I like Ian James Poulter :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Poulter will fall away, nearly player if there ever was one, he gets into a good position and then falls apart at the business end.

He has to play the last two rounds with Poults no matter what. Anyway I like Ian James Poulter :P

:rolleyes:
    Your the one.

• Advertisement

Ugh, tricky one for par again.

:rolleyes:
    Your the one.

Ha, I also like you ;):P

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭irish_man

A quick look at the sponsors on Harrington's clothing represents his delve into obscurity for the last few years. If he got the putter hot he'd leap out of it!

Great par, would have been a very unlucky bogey

Ha, I also like you ;):P

Yes 1 day with both of us every 2 years is enough :P (Ryder Cup / Jug)

steely performance from Brendan.

Sorry :o

What a shot Padraig!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Go on Ya good thing Ya

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭irish_man

Smashing shot out the thick stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

what a shot their out of the rough

• Advertisement

Lovely hurling :D

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭lostatsea

That was the best shot I've seen Harrington play for years. Pure brilliance.

Great - lads watching got in ahead of shot tracker - shot tracker must be about 6 or 7 minutes late ?

Is it a sure bird ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Lads - all I will say - is okay - hes struggling today.

BUT - wed have taken T3 very happily this time last week

I wasn't expecting him to perform perfectly - as someone else mentioned - the difficulty he has in putting rounds back to back is an issue of his for a while.

Luke Donald is on +4 for the day - quite a few other plus par scores out there also

Padraig parred the 12th incidentally

edit - watching the leaderboard - so might be a hole behind??? - I was typing while the last few posts went up

Great - lads watching got in ahead of shot tracker - shot tracker must be about 6 or 7 minutes late ?

Is it a sure bird ?

Pretty much, be shocked if he missed it. Equally you wouldn't quite call it a gimme.

Is it a sure bird ?

Pretty much, four feet at most

In fairness - Ian looks like he is having a smashing round - his best in a good while.

Always the trap.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Eaglebridie 32

Another bird on 13, he's back 😀😀😀

And he makes it, PHEW!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

The commentator just said He's Back lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement