Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

lol at the woman on the news just now

She was saying Padraigs challenge was faltering.

Sod the silly woman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

He's back lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

I along with many other's i'm sure have slated this man constantly over the past few season's but it is really refreshing to see him battle on today and the par on 18 really showed how tough mentally he can be. 1 more solid round and who knows.

Only for an absolute masterclass by Poulter, Padraig would be leading.

If he can reproduce some of his best form today/tomorrow and throughout the season it could be one of the strongest years for Irish golf with Lowry pushing on, Rory and Gmac and the great result for Phelan today. Good times

Let's go Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Seriously a chance of a top 10 now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Eaglebridie 32

tbukela wrote: »
    How many holes do they expect the last group to finish tonight?

7/8 I think!

• Advertisement

Can't see the point in the lads playing 4/5 holes to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Yes - feeling happier now then at 4,40 pm this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭tigerwood1

JoeCole26 wrote: »
    I'm nervous about this shot now - CMON Padraig
    i've been nervous about every shot he has hit since friday. think i'am going to have to take next week off to get over this:)

Never imagined I'd feel sorry for the golfing millionaires - but is it a bit much to ask them to go out in 20 mins ?

Is tough mentally. Being a millionaire.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

tigerwood1 wrote: »
    i've been nervous about every shot he has hit since friday. think i'am going to have to take next week off to get over this:)

I'm shattered after that round and I haven't moved off the couch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Can't see the point in the lads playing 4/5 holes to be honest.

Because there is light and they missed a day's play, it's now about getting this tournament finished as soon as they can. Poulter and Harrington will be happy to get atraighy back out there when they are playing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Well seeing as only 12 people are under par after 3 rounds I'd say so too. Top 5 is what he should get, if he doesn't win!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Any links to watch coverage online

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

YayaBanana wrote: »
    Because there is light and they missed a day's play, it's now about getting this tournament finished as soon as they can. Poulter and Harrington will be happy to get atraighy back out there when they are playing well.

The weather is so volatile they are right to use any time they can. The earlier they can get finished tomorrow the better.

He has 15mins and he's on the putting green what a legend!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Dero123

On the putting green with Dr Bob there

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭lorenzo87

Just after reading back through the drivel written by some here after Paddy put it in the drink on 18.
    He had a go, he was feeling confident, it didn't happen, it was close to being brilliant. He salvaged PAR. People sitting in their arm chair that can't hit a ball 4 yards trying to tell a 3 time major winner how he should play golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

It is a long time since he was so close to a PGA title,with so few in the mix going into the final round.

I think he needs to keep in there,and don't lose early ground.

He can do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,189 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

ForeRight wrote: »
    He has 15mins and he's on the putting green what a legend!!!!!

900 seconds in Paddy's head

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭tigerwood1

See jack nicklaus reckons it was nervous tension that caused padraig to hit that ball in the soup on the 18th. Did,nt realise poulty never won a stroke play tournament on uspga tour only matchplay.

• Advertisement

lorenzo87 wrote: »
    Just after reading back through the drivel written by some here after Paddy put it in the drink on 18.
    He had a go, he was feeling confident, it didn't happen, it was close to being brilliant. He salvaged PAR. People sitting in their arm chair that can't hit a ball 4 yards trying to tell a 3 time major winner how he should play golf.

Except that putt should have been for birdie, not par.
    Us armchair watchers remember an old fashioned thing called course management. Its when you apply some thought to a situation. Boring I know but you would be surprised how useful it can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Anyone have a stream?

People giving it the large one in hindsight after he got the par and giving out about people in hindsight saying he should have been laying up after hitting the water....

Hindsight is 20/20 vision

I hear there is going to be a run on Dunnes Stores shares in The New York Stock Exchange in am.

Fair play they knew what they were at with our Padraig.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,189 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

lorenzo87 wrote: »

And if he had made bogey or double bogey you wouldn't have been writing that drivel?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,374 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

The duck out of the water after that shot...brilliant!

Best of luck to Padraig, really hope he does it, but a solid round would be a good week for him.

PARlance wrote: »
    And if he had made bogey or double bogey you wouldn't have been writing that drivel?

My angle on it would be -

Take your time,

Poulter will have a shake - should have a shake.

If it was last hole - fair play.

But there is massive bail out left. Fair enough - if he just sliced it. then no issue.

There was no need for an eagle is my opinon.

And we all watch and play a good bit of golf - and can hit the ball 4 yards.

ForeRight wrote: »
    People giving it the large one in hindsight after he got the par and giving out about people in hindsight saying he should have been laying up after hitting the water....

Hindsight is 20/20 vision

A 273 yarder over water in a cross wind to a sucker pin, versus a position shot and trust your short game. In the third round. Any sort of vision should be enough. Someone with his experience should not have been lured into a high risk shot, just because Reed got there. What's the point of having an old head if you don't use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Went for the green from 272, just left it out right a bit and caught the water. Reed got on in two from behind him. Only stupid when it goes wrong, can still get up and down for par.

Not to blow my own horn but who else is going to ;)

My foresight isn't too bad, pity my actual eyesight isn't as good :pac:

272! Jesus I'd be tempted to go for it :P but a 3 time major winner stiffing eagle and you want him to lay up!

I suppose you all wanted him to lay up at Birkdale as well. Don't ever change Harry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Anyway, the three of them have parred the first.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement