Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

First Up wrote: »
    A 273 yarder over water in a cross wind to a sucker pin, versus a position shot and trust your short game. In the third round. Any sort of vision should be enough. Someone with his experience should not have been lured into a high risk shot, just because Reed got there. What's the point of having an old head if you don't use it.

I completely agree with you.

I was stunned he went for it. He brought in the chance of s double to blow it all

In hindsight he got away with it but that sort of course management won't hold up

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Benny Cake wrote: »
    Anyone have a stream?
    No streams or requests for same permitted

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Anyone know where he has got this power from - he is hitting it miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Not to blow my own horn but who else is going to ;)

My foresight isn't too bad, pity my actual eyesight isn't as good :pac:

272! Jesus I'd be tempted to go for it :P but a 3 time major winner stiffing eagle and you want him to lay up!

I suppose you all wanted him to lay up at Birkdale as well. Don't ever change Harry!

I love taking the money off people like you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Anyone know where he has got this power from - he is hitting it miles.

He's always hit it pretty long Fix, sneaky long as I said earlier. That week at Birkdale he was driving it miles. If anything he got a bit side-tracked trying to blast it out there (have that affliction myself :rolleyes:)

• Advertisement

I love taking the money off people like you.

What? You're saying you'd beat Harrington because he takes on the odd risky shot :confused:

He's always hit it pretty long Fix, sneaky long as I said earlier. That week at Birkdale he was driving it miles. If anything he got a bit side-tracked trying to blast it out there (have that affliction myself :rolleyes:)

Yes particulary when you go for par 5s in 2 over water.

Just surprised - maybe because he is so straight most of the time - that he is past , much younger guys all week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Lovely shot on the second from Pod, pity we didn't get to see it.

What? You're saying you'd beat Harrington because he takes on the odd risky shot :confused:

Look big - this has nothing to do with his open wins.

He is playing against two younger hot heads. He should have been able to out craft them.

Take his bird - let the other two shake later on.

Ok - what is going on with Ian.

Has he hit a bad shot ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Ok - what is going on with Ian.

Has he hit a bad shot ?

Parred the 2nd

BTW - Casey on the chase,.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Mickelson is going to feature tomorrow too i reckon. On a run as well

• Registered Users Posts: 51,886 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Lovely shot on the second from Pod, pity we didn't get to see it.

The coverage has been poor imo.

Look big - this has nothing to do with his open wins.

He is playing against too younger hot heads. He should have been able to out craft them.

Take his bird - let the other two shake later on.

You play the way you're comfortable, he's a methodical golfer but he's not conservative by any means (think Peter Ebdon in snooker).

He fancied the shot, he took it on, he won't die wondering! He didn't execute that's all. He could have laid up but hit a poor one because he wasn't concentrating and bogeyed the hole anyway.

At the end of the day he's taking the shot so he's got to take the one he feels is the right shot and usually I'd back him to pull it off. You'd swear the conservative course management golfers were winning all the majors!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

BTW - Casey on the chase,.

He's also at -6 now.

He's in pretty much the same spot on three he was in earlier.

You play the way you're comfortable, he's a methodical golfer but he's not conservative by any means (think Peter Ebdon in snooker).

He fancied the shot, he took it on, he won't die wondering! He didn't execute that's all. He could have laid up but hit a poor one because he wasn't concentrating and bogeyed the hole anyway.

At the end of the day he's taking the shot so he's got to take the one he feels is the right shot and usually I'd back him to pull it off. You'd swear the conservative course management golfers were winning all the majors!

I'm not saying you don't go for things at the right time.

But - that was not the time or place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

+5 YE Yang and ugly little rug rats.
    Will ye show Paddy H ye apes

Mod edit: didn't like the use of that word so post edited.

Course management does not necessarily equate to being conservative. Just sometimes. Unless he was seriously fancying an eagle, the shot was not just unneccesary but foolhardy. Trying to get up and down from 270 in that situation might be brave and entertaining but smart golf usually trumps brave golf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Lads get over it, it's done, he rescued a par, no big deal.

Small chance for a birdie on 3.

Course management does not necessarily equate to being conservative. Just sometimes. Unless he was seriously fancying an eagle, the shot was not just unneccesary but foolhardy. Trying to get up and down from 270 in that situation might be brave and entertaining but smart golf usually trumps brave golf.

Who out of Woods, Mickleson and McIlroy would lay up in that situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭Panrich

Been very wayward so far in this round. Hopefully he will sort it out soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

I'm not saying you don't go for things at the right time.

But - that was not the time or place.

There's also the possibility he didn't fancy the lay up to the narrow fairway. Fact is you have to back the guy with 3 majors over some armchair pundits, he made the right decision for him. Not for you maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

Any reason why Harrington is getting so little coverage? The most successful player in contention and in joint second yet we're watching yang and the likes???

Dunno but what others would or wouldn't do is irrelevant. The objective was a 4, not to win a pissing contest. His conversation with Rotella just after might have been interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

Not to drag it out much more but paddy isn't exactly hot with the pitches in from say 70 to 100 yards so there's no guarantee he would have done better than the par he ended up with....maybe a more conservative approach would have given him a better chance but the way some of ye are going on,you'd swear he traded in a guaranteed birdie for the chance of an eagle.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Enough said...

Dunno but what others would or wouldn't do is irrelevant. The objective was a 4, not to win a pissing contest. His conversation with Rotella just after might have been interesting.

If you know a little about sports psychology then I'm pretty sure you know the last thing Bob would be mentioning would be that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Awful first putt on 4.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement