Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Seems very dark.....I'd love Padraig to not have to play another hole.....and they're coming off. Phew.

A disappointing last few holes there, but tied 8th in a big tournament - thank you Padraig.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Goldenjohn

He should get the 2 ball putter out of the shed at home that thing he has looks like you'd brand cattle with it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

T8

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

Tee to green it's been absolutely fine from Padraig today.

All the problems have been on the greens.

His driving hasn't been as good as it's been all week too although it's the putting which has been the biggest problem. Hopefully he can get something going tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭lorenzo87

First Up wrote: »
    Except that putt should have been for birdie, not par.
    Us armchair watchers remember an old fashioned thing called course management. Its when you apply some thought to a situation. Boring I know but you would be surprised how useful it can be.

You know nothing about golf so stop pretending that you do. Reed got on the exact same green in 2, and had an eagle putt. Should he have layed up too then????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Not on the first page of the leaderboard. :(

Sad end, but he just hasn't holed a thing today. Looked so tentative over the short ones, too, he's feathering them and it's not a confident stroke at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Goodnight everyone, really have to do my assignment now. Hopefully Harry gets a good night's sleep and can come back in the morning and finish off a great week on a high.

Whatever the result absolutely fantastic to have him back in the big time, as the page count in this thread will attest to :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,189 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Dero123 wrote: »
    Thank god for that still smiling away though

jack_nicholson.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Jaysus . I'm depressed.

Pint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Yeah, we'd all have taken this position prior to the event.

Top 10 now (or better perhaps), and it might kick start his season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Hopefully a nights rest will do him good.

Starting the 4th round so soon after finishing the 3rd can't have been a help

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

He was -9 a round and a half ago.

He's been haemorrhaging since then

Great to see him in and stoybd it though. It's all about baby steps getting back in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Tee to green it's been absolutely fine from Padraig today.

In that he hasn't been shot/mugged/got lost or something? Has he hit zero fairways/greens off the tee. It has been mostly awful this last round.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Old diesel wrote: »

Coming off 18 with that par would have been a great way to end the day. I think he found it difficult to keep going in terms of concentration and the physical side. Disappointing, the light goes half an hour earlier and we're all feeling much better about things

Coming off 18 with that par would have been a great way to end the day. I think he found it difficult to keep going in terms of concentration and the physical side. Disappointing, the light goes half an hour earlier and we're all feeling much better about things

I said it earlier. The gap was too small.

They are playing in am.
    Why play round 4 now.

Was always going to suit younger guys.

Casey Reed . Grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

It was the same for everyone. Paul Casey seemed to handle the quick turnaround pretty well !!! Ph just seemed drained and his usual short putting is shocking.

Id be gutted for HIM if he ended up going down to (for example) 30th place if he loses shots - his performance in the 1st 3 rounds deserves better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

Id be gutted for HIM if he ended up going down to (for example) 30th place if he loses shots - his performance in the 1st 3 rounds deserves better.

30th is roughly 2 or 3 over,surely that would take some slide from where he is...I'd say the rest will suit him more than most as he was goosed and a few around him had momentum that they probably didn't want cut short by the darkness....top 10 looking like it'll be a fight for him but we'd all have bitten our right arm off for that on Thursday morning!!

Well the only thing is - hes just 4 shots off the lead INSPITE of his 4th round difficulties.

Wed definitely have taken THAT before Thursday morning

I genuinely didn't see him slip out of top 10.

But when I seen him there at end . He was physically mentally gone.

The extra holes killed him and poults.

Casey always looks young Reed is young.

We all know what that is like. Bring it on.

• Advertisement

Hes actually in the top 10 as we speak.

I guess I am been pessimistic - as I feel it will be hard for him to get back on track tomorrow.

Mind you the guy did have a +3 at one hole at a tournament before Christmas - and then went on to do the following 12 holes in -3

Pool win
    Ireland win

Paddy.........

What a day that could have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

hawkelady wrote: »
    It was the same for everyone. Paul Casey seemed to handle the quick turnaround pretty well !!! Ph just seemed drained and his usual short putting is shocking.

It really isn't. You can't expect a 43 year old to be as fit as someone 10-15 years his junior.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭abff

I don't suppose there's any chance the weather will get so bad overnight that they have to abandon the tournament, leaving Poults the winner and Padraig tied second?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

abff wrote: »
    I don't suppose there's any chance the weather will get so bad overnight that they have to abandon the tournament, leaving Poults the winner and Padraig tied second?

He's actually 9th ..

h2005 wrote: »
    It really isn't. You can't expect a 43 year old to be as fit as someone 10-15 years his junior.

Was the biggest factor in tournament.

In fact . I'd like to look up actual gap final group had.

It will be hard to find a lesser gap in any event I've ever seen.

Ryder cup maybe. But doubt even that.

hawkelady wrote: »
    He's actually 9th ..

The results I believe would go back to the last full round played - if play had to be abandoned during a round.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,189 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Patrick Reed is fitter than Paddy is he? Nonsense. Paddy's golf of late is ropey to say the least. A blowup has been coming, it could have happened after a good nights sleep.

And Poulter? Hardly unfit.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭JohnnyLocke

Every putt he has hit over the weekend has been a mini battle with himself. Someone here mentioned he has struggled with his all round game. RUBBISH! He's second this week in strokes gained tee to green! Something that we never see statistically from Padraig. He's been striping it all week. Its refreshing to see. Its just so hard to watch him on the greens. Lets not forget the amount of pressure he is under here. A win would change his whole career. Tour status, majors, masters etc. A new lease of life. The good news is, he has 11 holes left here 4 shots behind. Theres still an outside chance of a victory if he catches fire tomorrow. The key is, weve seen him reach the top of the game again this week. This is a top top field and hes been holding his own here playing the second best golf tee to green. I said two weeks ago he might need to change tour because he cant quite cut it with these guys on the PGA Tour. He has completely proved me wrong. I was always one of the guys on here with optimism but I thought he needed to take a step down at first before rebuilding by heading to Europe. This is so so encouraging. The problem is, putting issues multiply when under pressure and there will be scars from some of the short missed putts today. Theres nothing to lose here Paddy, hes already gained what he needed, to experience the heat of the battle again. Whether he finishes 5th, 10th, 20th. It doesnt make a whole lot of difference to his career at the minute. Ok 2nd or 3rd would mean a decent jump in rankings but I hope he just frees up tomorrow and attacks everything, especially on the greens!

• Advertisement

Theres still a lot of positives to take out of this week.

My concern would be - that he may dwell too much on negative aspects - rather then using the positive aspects as a building block.

Regarding the whole starting his 4th round quite quickly after finishing the third - I think the issue might be to some extend - that he put so much effort into his third round.

Hes shown potential this week - theres no doubt about that.

Things to work on - yes - but this is still positive overall for him

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement