Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

John Duggan tipped him so he more than likely won't even place this week. That Duggan really hasn't a clue how to tip a golfer.

He's obsessed with players who "had a good final round last week"... It's all well and good getting a good final round when your 12 shots off the lead and under no pressure.

He tipped JJ henry as well this week for God's sake.

John Duggan didn't do too bad with his JJ Henry tip.............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

Decent week for Paddy, tied 15th. Keep it up and I'm sure the win won't be far away!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Decent week for Paddy, tied 15th. Keep it up and I'm sure the win won't be far away!

I'd settle for a few top 10's. Looking at a few holes on shot tracker and he putted everything within 5 foot and a few longer ones thrown in.

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I'd settle for a few top 10's. Looking at a few holes on shot tracker and he putted everything within 5 foot and a few longer ones thrown in.

TBH if Paddy is gonna make the Ryder Cup team, he needs a win this year otherwise Jose Maria will not consider him even if he does get a glowing recommendation from Monty!!

I expect Paddy to go well this week though as normally a good run of events leaves his game ticking over nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Martin567 wrote: »
    No matter how things finish up tonight, I think you probably owe John Duggan an apology!

in one way, yes. But in another way...Henry does as he always does and double bogeyed when staring glory in the face.

But yes, he was a good pick this week cause he could have been laid off for a sweet profit.

I don't rate Duggan and the way he picks his golfers, but he had some glory this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭murphdogg11

+ 4 after 2 holes today. A 6 at the par 3 2nd. Looks bad already.

+ 4 after 9 holes. 2nd last position! Playing partners Poulter & Lawrie both at -1.

Down to 94 in the world rankings!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭newport2

:(

He was bad in Wentworth, I really thought he'd get going, what is his schedule now?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dr.Silly

ssbob wrote: »
    what is his schedule now?

dunno, but can pretty much guarantee it ain't going to be the ryder cup that's for sure.

Dr.Silly wrote: »
    dunno, but can pretty much guarantee it ain't going to be the ryder cup that's for sure.

Was kind of thinking that myself, one thing he has going for him is his exemptions into the majors whereby a decent finish renders a lot of ryder cup points.

Certs for the Ryder Cup I think are: Donald, McIlroy, Westwood, Lawrie & Justin Rose, all the other places are still up for grabs because Kaymer, McDowell & Garcia are not exactly setting the golf course alight with their recent performances(G-Mac did well in the match play but was lucky it was a matchplay event)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

ssbob wrote: »
    what is his schedule now?

Nothing on his website but I'd expect him to play the St Jude the week before the US Open to try and get his game in shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭abff

I read somewhere that he is playing the St Jude as preparation for the US Open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

Quick story re PH not golf related but just shows the real Harrington and the type of person he is.
    I teach in a Mexican school in Wicklow,one of our teachers was on an outing with ten boys up in Killiney yesterday doing some hill running.
    The kids wanted to get a chance to see Bono's house but no sign of him so on the way home the teacher said he'd show the boys Ph's house as there were a few golfers in the group.
    Anyway gates were locked but just as they were about to pull off the teacher noticed someone in the garden,being a nosey feck he got out and had a peek in.
    It was PH having a few putts,Ph walks over and greets him,asks him what's the story with the bus,teacher explained they were Mexican kids from a local school etc,Ph opened the gates,spent about 20 mins talking to the teacher about his(the teacher's)swing and just general stuff,there was a football there but PH explained to the kids it wasn't for football,it was a swing aid.(no surprise there)

This is something the kids or the teacher will never forget,when the group got back to school he got the projector out and stuck PH into you tube,the first decent video on youtube is called 'beautiful day',a video about his Carnoustie win,well worth watching and tied in nicely for the kids there all big Bono fans and now there all big Harrington fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭newport2

heavyballs wrote: »
    Quick story re PH not golf related but just shows the real Harrington and the type of person he is.
    I teach in a Mexican school in Wicklow,one of our teachers was on an outing with ten boys up in Killiney yesterday doing some hill running.
    The kids wanted to get a chance to see Bono's house but no sign of him so on the way home the teacher said he'd show the boys Ph's house as there were a few golfers in the group.
    Anyway gates were locked but just as they were about to pull off the teacher noticed someone in the garden,being a nosey feck he got out and had a peek in.
    It was PH having a few putts,Ph walks over and greets him,asks him what's the story with the bus,teacher explained they were Mexican kids from a local school etc,Ph opened the gates,spent about 20 mins talking to the teacher about his(the teacher's)swing and just general stuff,there was a football there but PH explained to the kids it wasn't for football,it was a swing aid.(no surprise there)

This is something the kids or the teacher will never forget,when the group got back to school he got the projector out and stuck PH into you tube,the first decent video on youtube is called 'beautiful day',a video about his Carnoustie win,well worth watching and tied in nicely for the kids there all big Bono fans and now there all big Harrington fans.

Nice story.

One memory of Harrington I will always have is that at the 2006 Ryder Cup, I was there with a few mates on the Sunday. Anyway, after it was won and most people had left, we were with about 200 people at the last drink tent left open. Disco blaring, everyone having a great time. A few of the caddies had joined us as well. Then out of the blue, down arrived Harrington and David Howell. They were picked up and crowd surfed across the top of all of us to the stage. They said a few words and hung around for a drink or two, tallking to all of us there. While the rest of the team were all up celebrating in the K-Club with the rich and well-connected, Harrington and Howell were the only two who came down to say thanks to all the normal fans and spend a bit of time with them. I was always a big fan of Harrington since he turned pro and have been a big fan of Howell since that day. Would like to see them both return to form. Sound guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭aster99

I saw David Howell at the JP McManus pro am, seemed like a really sound guy. Had a bit of chat for everyone

Comes across as a nice guy on Sky. I also hope that things come back round for him.

As for Padraig, anyone who doesn't have anything other than total admiration for him just knows nothing about him.

Padraig is playing well this week. If it wasn't for a couple of short missed putts, he'd be in the last group with Rory. It would be great to see him put four good rounds together.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I was watching the closing holes last night. PH played some beautiful stuff off the tee and his iron play wasn't bad either. He drained a nice putt on 16 for birdie and gave 18 a good look also. He is very nearly there.

McIlroy played a gorgeous 7 iron in to the par 5 16th, yes a seven iron, to 4 feet but missed the eagle putt. Birdied 18 to take the outright lead. Strong favourite now.

• Advertisement

It would be great to see PH shoot a good score today and get into the final group for tomorrow. Maybe two more 68's might be good enough to win who knows. It will be interesting to see how McIlroy gets on but I wouldn't be too optimistic about him closing the thing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

2 bogeys to start the day and it could've been 3 if not for a good putt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Cmon podge keep it goin, cant wait to see how rory does. I felt like he actually had a bad 65 yesterday, if thats possible :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Podge 4over for today after 5.

scrubber72 wrote: »
    Podge 4over for today after 5.

Yeah thats pretty bad :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭Trampas

I think we should lock this thread as everytime it gets going PH goes backwards.

back to back birdies hes ok

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Well well well a few birdies and he's only a couple shots off the lead.

Great comeback, pity about the start but not out of it yet. He's only 3 behind.

• Advertisement

He showed huge resilience to come back from that disastrous start - 4 bogeys and a par 5 in the first five holes. Hopefully he'll keep it together tomorrow and put in a real challenge for the win.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement