Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭JohnnyLocke

Nice start to the back 9. Just missed for eagle. Back to +3

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

seems to be striking the ball abit better

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭ronjo

Its really not his day. Now a 3 putt from 5feet.

I hope Dr Bob is around later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭newport2

ronjo wrote: »
    Its really not his day. Now a 3 putt from 5feet.

I hope Dr Bob is around later.

-4 in strokes gained putting through 13 holes, ouch! He'll be on the practice green until after dark

• Registered Users Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭Old diesel

newport2 wrote: »
    -4 in strokes gained putting through 13 holes, ouch! He'll be on the practice green until after dark

Its a struggle when hes having a nightmare day.

When hes having a nightmare - is practicing on the green the right way - if its a mental thing - ie his head not in the right place today

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

newport2 wrote: »

Not often you see a strokes gained stat as bad as that. After the Honda, he did say he was worried after missing a few short ones on the Sunday so hopefully he can get it sorted before long.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭ronjo

He is obviously still striking the ball pretty well but just having a horrible day on the greens.

Hopefully he can keep it together down the stretch to give him a fighting chance tomorrow evening of making the cut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Sounds like the yips might still be there. Hope not.

It looks to me from the leaderboard like he birdied his 14th hole

edit - and parred 15th

It looks to me that many of his issues were at a few holes - ie the first 2 - and the 13th?????

So for example - he was +3 after 2 holes

And he 3 putted the 13th - I think

Or have I got it wrong

Hes having a bad day - but I make it that hes gone from 3rd hole to 15th hole in 1 over - with a nasty 13th hole included

Hope he can get improvements to his putting

• Advertisement

Not worried at all about hes striking it, you'd expect a slack enough day coming off a win. The thing is he's actually striking it OK. Its the putting thats disappointing. He said himself even after he won that he hoped on the sunday at the Honda that the yips werent back. He's missed 4 putts inside 4 feet today already including a couple inside 3 feet. The only damaging thing that could happen this week would be a putting disaster and so far it looks to heading that way!

Hopefully he may be able to address the putting issues - its worrying though

Another missed putt from 4 feet 8 inches. +5

a nightmare for him

Im gutted for him if its the yips

So if we write off THIS particular tournament - how does he get back on track over the next tournament or 3 - CAN he actually get back on track

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭GetInTheHole!

He said after the Honda that he had the yips in 2012.

He did not mention anything about them being back again.

Yes he's had a mare today but I think it's pretty ridiculous to be suggesting that he could have the yips in the very next event following his win.

:confused::confused::confused:

Old diesel wrote: »
    So if we write off THIS particular tournament - how does he get back on track over the next tournament or 3 - CAN he actually get back on track

My eyes are hurting reading this.

Yes he's had a mare today but I think it's pretty ridiculous to be suggesting that he could have the yips in the very next event following his win.

My apologies - someone suggested he was quoted as saying after the Honda that HE was worried about the yips after missing a few short ones

My eyes are hurting reading this.

My heart was aching writing it

• Registered Users Posts: 20,357 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

So what everyone is saying is :: " Normal Service has resumed aboard the SpaceCraft Experience"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Didn't he say that he spent the morning of the Sunday in the Honda telling himself that they're not back?

If you know you don't have the yips you don't tell yourself you don't have them. The corollary of that is not too encouraging.

That said, he won the Honda, he can sort it out, never doubt that man!

Rikand wrote: »
    So what everyone is saying is :: " Normal Service has resumed aboard the SpaceCraft Experience"

Yes :(

Didn't he say that he spent the morning of the Sunday in the Honda telling himself that they're not back?

If you know you don't have the yips you don't tell yourself you don't have them. The corollary of that is not too encouraging.

That said, he won the Honda, he can sort it out, never doubt that man!

And to be fair - he put in a fantastic Monday performance to win it too.

My heart was aching writing it

I just find it amazing that you can even suggest that he has pretty much lost it again after 18 holes following winning a PGA win.

18 holes..???!!

Sure maybe you're right.
    Maybe he should just pack it in now go home and forget about this competeing craic. It's clearly not for him anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

No, he said he was worried about them being back again..
    He told reporters: “I had the yips in 2012. I had my best ball‑striking year ever in 2012, in terms of the stats, but I had the yips that year. When you get things like that, it’s really frustrating, it’s really hard. You don’t know what to do. You grind your way through it and it is a tough thing to get through.

And then speaking about his Sunday performance at The Honda
    “I was just trying so hard to tell myself that it wasn’t back last night, I could tell you. I hit a few very, very iffy putts. But I practised my putting last night until about 7:00 in the dark, and I got something going again with my putting.”

HighLine wrote: »
    No, he said he was worried about them being back again..

And then speaking about his Sunday performance at The Honda

So did he say he had them again?

One could look at it another way as well

He was plus 3 after 2 - finished up on plus 5

So he did 16 holes in plus 2 - having also had difficulties again at the 13th

I just want him to do well for HIM

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

This thread has turned into a refuge for drama queens.

He's had a poor round ffs. Most professionals follow up big wins with a poor following week

Nothing to see here.Move on

REBELSAFC wrote: »

He's had a poor round ffs. Most professionals follow up big wins with a poor following week

Ok, lets not discuss his rounds in a thread created for that very purpose!

• Advertisement

REBELSAFC wrote: »

The big concern is over his putting - rather then the round as a whole.

In saying that Berger is only 3 shots ahead of him and Reed 4

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement