Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭newport2

Ruu wrote: »
    Good solid back 9 so far, par, par and maybe get up and down for a bird on par 5 12th.

He's put his pitch in the bunker and is now working for a par. The par 5s really seem to be his nemesis sometimes :(

newport2 wrote: »
    He's put his pitch in the bunker and is now working for a par. The par 5s really seem to be his nemesis sometimes :(

Another great up and down for par!

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

he seems to e playing very steady stuff. great if he can keep it up till sunday..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

It's too bad that Hoffman is just playing a blinder, Paddy will hopefully be fighting it out for second come Sunday, another top 10 here would be awesome though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

8 footer par save. Deadly. :)

• Advertisement

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    It's too bad that Hoffman is just playing a blinder, Paddy will hopefully be fighting it out for second come Sunday, another top 10 here would be awesome though!

I doubt Hoffman will keep it up. If Harrington was worried about any other players it's be some of the ones just behind him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

shaunac93 wrote: »
    If you have sky go you can follow feature group by clicking sky sports xtra

unfortunately i don't have it but thanks for reply

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

mrkiscool2 wrote: »

It's Friday, there is a long way to go!! With that mentality, you'd be the guy I'd want behind me on a multi day event :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

First bogey of the tournament :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

newport2 wrote: »
    I doubt Hoffman will keep it up. If Harrington was worried about any other players it's be some of the ones just behind him.
    It's Friday, there is a long way to go!! With that mentality, you'd be the guy I'd want behind me on a multi day event :)
    Ha don't get me wrong, I know the one guy you don't want in form and behind you on moving day is Paddy, but Hoffman is looking very good. Also, if I was behind ya on a multi-day event I'd be more worried about keeping myself going than about catching up haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

He looks to be putting himself in great position off the tee and not hitting it close with the irons at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭JohnnyLocke

Struggling a bit now, couple of really poor bogeys from nowhere really. Basically two 3 putts. Shame. He was right in contention.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭abff

Struggling a bit now, couple of really poor bogeys from nowhere really. Basically two 3 putts. Shame. He was right in contention.

Let's hope it's just a temporary blip. Par 5 coming up - may be a chance to get back one of those shots.

He looks to be putting himself in great position off the tee and not hitting it close with the irons at all.

Sounds like me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

abff wrote: »
    Let's hope it's just a temporary blip. Par 5 coming up - may be a chance to get back one of those shots.

He needs to. There are a lot of birdies being made with the soft conditions.

Making a total mess of the par 5 16th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Shame, wheels are coming off all of a sudden.

11 feet for par. Not one birdie on the par 5s today. This is a course where par 5 scoring is so key!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

On a more positive note Rory has just hit 5 birdies in a row!

3 bogeys in a row. Strange how quickly his game can turn. No bogeys in 31 holes then 3 in a row! Ok 2 pars to finish Pod then regroup tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

+1 for the four Par 5's today, that's like giving 2 or 3 shots to the field.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Disappointing - but crap happens.

Its a case of steadying the ship the best he can now

Time to get a grip lads! This time last month, we would have been delighted to see him in the top 20 with two holes to play in his second round.

Great 2 there on 17. Back to 5 under

And, just like that, he birdies the 17th!

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishash

And a birdie....crazy

Time to get a grip lads! This time last month, we would have been delighted to see him in the top 20 with two holes to play in his second round.

It's still ok to be disappointed! :D It's a different level of disappointment to a month ago! Great drive up 18. Birdie birdie finish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

We would and we were, but doesn't mean we shouldn't be disappointed with 3 bogies in a row, especially when everyone else is picking up shots.

100 percent correct

He also still has the opportunity to regroup overnight.

He will have sticky patches - that's the reality - he is however a good man to bounce back as we have seen recently

• Advertisement

This last hole looks tricky with the water

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement