Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭loadwire

When I saw Paddy drove into the bunker on 16 I was actually hoping he had a bad lie, just to take going for the green in two out of the equation. After bogeying the previous two holes I feared he'd be over aggressive. Sure enough, it looks like he went for it and got wet. One of those times you don't enjoy predicting something correctly. And his aggressive play hasn't served him too badly of late in fairness.

Great bird on 17 though and good drive on 18 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭JohnnyLocke

Another beauty approach. I'd say he's the one so disappointed with that stretch of holes (14,15,16) because apart from that he's been exceptional.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭Old diesel

parred the last

Its a sub par round despite the sticky patch over the 14th, 15th and 16th holes

Still FAR more positives then negatives overall - and hes shown us recently that he can regroup overnight and turn things around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

How many of that top 10 will be there in the final round? Would say a good few will fade. P is in a good position, shame about the blemishes on the card today but good he got one back.

Really what makes the blemishes on the card look worse is that they were over 3 consecutive holes - had they been spread out over the whole 36 holes - they would look far less of an issue - but the score of 5 under would still be the same....

I expect he will bounce back again tomorrow - and if he doesn't - its only a game of Golf at the end of the day - he will come back to compete another day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

It's still good to see that the Honda wasn't a once off, his game is definitely all coming together. His iron play on the back nine wasn't great and he let the putter run cold too, but they are little things that can be fixed. Still shocked he went for the green in two on the 16th. Normally, I'd be all for it but he was having a blip at the time. Right thing to do would have been to lay-up and try for birdie, at least get the par. But again, a lot of positives to take from the round!

You've got to respect the guy for never giving up

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

TV now much more interested in him as well, which is great for us fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭abff

Padraig out at 4:05 this afternoon, playing with Steve Wheatcroft, a web.com tour graduate ranked 286th in the world. Probably not going to get much TV coverage unless he burns up the course.

Not a great start. Again not taking advantage of the par 5s at all. 1 over thru 6

• Advertisement

Beauty into the 8th, shown on sky. Should be a birdie.

Nope. Another short putt missed.

That's two 5 footers missed in three holes. Very frustrating.

Yeah quite frustrating. Playing solid enough to be about 4/5 shots better than his score suggests. Hopefully a few birdies coming home and shoots 1 or 2 under for the day.

He keeps missing these par 5s on the wrong side leaving him nothing. Another scramble for par on a par 5 coming up!

Or he could just hole it for birdie from the bunker! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Panrich

Back to even for the day after 14

Long putt for birdie on 15.....makes it! 6 under

Couldve been some round today if the putts earlier on dropped. Still, great signs. Consistent golf tee to green!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Another birdie.

• Advertisement

Another birdie.

Great recovery after a shaky start.

abff wrote: »
    Great recovery after a shaky start.

The roller coaster keeps delivering :D

On a serious note - I seen hole 7 before going out to milk cows - was feeling nervous.

This is great though

Ironically given the difficulties at the par 5s - both 12 and 16 are par 5s - and he birdied both of those according to the score card

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Old diesel wrote: »
    The roller coaster keeps delivering :D

On a serious note - I seen hole 7 before going out to milk cows - was feeling nervous.

This is great though

Diesel - what do the cows think of Padraig ? :)

Do they think he should of "not changed after majors" ? Moooooo.

Holed a nice 7 footer for Par on 17 according to Shot Tracker.

Diesel - what do the cows think of Padraig ? :)

Do they think he should of "not changed after majors" ? Moooooo.

:D

I think they noticed my happier mood after the Honda - and may have noticed my sneaky peaks at the phone.

Other then that - who knows :D

Holed a nice 7 footer for Par on 17 according to Shot Tracker.

Is it just my computer shot trackers playing up on????

No, it's been very dodgy all afternoon.

No, it's been very dodgy all afternoon.

For me - I could see the score change before seeing any shot BEYOND the first tee shot.

Meanwhile - its showing hes got a 3 yard shot remaining to make par on 18th

Hope he gets it

• Advertisement

Bogey on the last, but another 71 and currently tied 29th over all.

A good solid week to this point.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement