Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I was not looking in case I'd junx him. Dammit anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

His consecutive bogeys now as opposed to 12 months ago... huge difference, gonna say he'll still finish 3 or 4 under

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

oh lord were did that drive go..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭Old diesel

In serious bother at 17

WTF is happening on 17?????:eek:

• Advertisement

At the end of the day - things can go massively wrong.

But he will keep trying.

Its a bit disappointing as he had being going well at one stage

vienne86 wrote: »
    WTF is happening on 17?????:eek:

Indeed :(

Big score coming up

Actually its just showing now as just a normal bogie

To me it looks like what happened at 17 - judging by shot tracker - is - he shot out of bounds - took a penalty drop - and took his 3rd shot from the rough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Old diesel wrote: »
    To me it looks like what happened at 17 - judging by shot tracker - is - he shot out of bounds - took a penalty drop - and took his 3rd shot from the rough.

No... if he was OB with his drive then he would be hitting his 3rd from the tee box. *Edit* Just looks like he took an unplayable.

• Advertisement

Yep - that was my reading of it. Just a bogey TG.

vienne86 wrote: »
    Yep - that was my reading of it. Just a bogey TG.

In a way its almost a positive for him that he was actually able to do a damage limitation job to lose just the one shot.

I thought we were on for a triple....

Things DID go wrong for him - but that's always a possibility.

I thought his 18th hole was okay given the hole that preceded it - got a bit of bad luck in that his 2nd shot went into the rough - but he came away with a par

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

He was goog along great until the par 5 on the back 9, sitting pperfect in middle of fairway after 300 yard drive, and walks off with bogey. Par 5s are where it's at in Augusta, that's where you pull shots back. He's no chance next week if he makes those kinds of mistakes.

He was goog along great until the par 5 on the back 9, sitting pperfect in middle of fairway after 300 yard drive, and walks off with bogey. Par 5s are where it's at in Augusta, that's where you pull shots back. He's no chance next week if he makes those kinds of mistakes.

I don't know how he will get on next week - my expectations aren't overly high for him.

BUT

Just being actually in the field is major progress in itself from 3 months ago.

No chance.....

That's what we would have said 3 months ago - about the likelihood of he EVEN BEING IN THE FIELD at Augusta.

Perspective is needed - yes he made mistakes he shouldn't have made yesterday. A good performance at Augusta would be nice.

But actually even being in the field - is actually a major achievement given where he has been.

Even if he messes up completely next week - or this week - its still not the end of the world.

The reason the guy won the Honda - is because HE KEEPS AT IT - keeps trying - never gives up.

Like I say - my expectations of him at Augusta aren't high - but its great hes even made it there....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Off early today, birdie on 12 brings him to -2 overall.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Like I say - my expectations of him at Augusta aren't high - but its great hes even made it there....

Snap, looking forward to that smile and little jaunt of his up the fairways, but don't forget that anything is possible

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

Birdies his third after an approach to 3ft. Now at -2 with projected cut at -1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭abff

REBELSAFC wrote: »
    Birdies his third after an approach to 3ft. Now at -2 with projected cut at -1

I can't see the cut mark staying at -1. I think it will move in to either -2 or -3. Padraig still 1 under after 5 holes today, 2 under overall. He's just parred the two holes in a row that he bogeyed yesterday.

Birdie on the par 5 16th. Now 3 under overall.

And another birdie at the 17th. Now 4 under overall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭loadwire

birdies 17 to go -4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Forgotten password 99

Keep it up paddy :)

Dropped a shot on 18, back to -3.

With projected cut at -2, would like him to get at least to -4 to be on the safe side.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

Ruu wrote: »
    With projected cut at -2, would like him to get at least to -4 to be on the safe side.

Looks to be playing very steady. I know shot tracker isn't the most reliable but it looks like a very controlled round of golf

Birdied the 6th. Now 4 under.

Safe par on 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishash

5ft birdie chance on 8th

Edit - he got it too. -5 now. Should be very safe for cut as long as he gets home in par or better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

irishash wrote: »
    5ft birdie chance on 8th

Edit - he got it too. -5 now. Should be very safe for cut as long as he gets home in par or better.

He can forget about the cut and focus on winning the thing now. :cool:

• Advertisement

Safely on on the 9th, 28 foot left for birdie.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement