Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Eaglebridie 32

It was a tough hole (5th), Putman & Phil both doulbled among others. Guess he lost focus after that. Still after 54 holes he should focus on the 48 he played so well. Most aspects of his game are so much improved, most notabaly putting, seems to throwing in the odd few "crazy" tee shots each round. Would be happy for him to make the cut next week & progress from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭Old diesel

It was a tough hole (5th), Putman & Phil both doulbled among others. Guess he lost focus after that. Still after 54 holes he should focus on the 48 he played so well. Most aspects of his game are so much improved, most notabaly putting, seems to throwing in the odd few "crazy" tee shots each round. Would be happy for him to make the cut next week & progress from there.

I wonder was it lack of focus or a loss of confidence.

That birdie fest of an event recently - the one Henrik Stenson should have won, I think at that one Padraig was flying along fine until on his 14th hole in the 2nd round when he shot a bogie at that and the 2 following holes - and he struggled a bit for the rest of the event.

Forget the name of the event - but he had gone something like 31 holes without a bogie before 3 bogies in a row

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Teeing off in a few minutes, hon Paddy!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Ruu wrote: »
    Teeing off in a few minutes, hon Paddy!

He'll be finished by the time Sky begins coverage:mad:

Fingers nervously crossed.....

All strapped in.... rollercoasters ready to go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,180 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Bogey on the third

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭abff

Two very short putts missed according to shot tracker. 2 foot 2 inches on the 3rd and 3 foot 9 inches on the 6th. Looks as if some of the self doubt that was haunting him earlier this season has crept back in.

Hopefully he can get some confidence back over the remaining holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

+2 on the outward 9 - that's really disappointing.

abff wrote: »
    Two very short putts missed according to shot tracker. 2 foot 2 inches on the 3rd and 3 foot 9 inches on the 6th. Looks as if some of the self doubt that was haunting him earlier this season has crept back in.

Hopefully he can get some confidence back over the remaining holes.

I was expecting the nightmare 3 holes last night to impact on him today.

A bit of a dampner coming into Augusta.

however - he can at least point to some decent golf - including at this actual event before the 14th last night - recently - and know that he CAN actually do it

Disappointing final round but lots of positives. -1 for the tourney.

• Advertisement

Ruu wrote: »
    Disappointing final round but lots of positives. -1 for the tourney.

Obviously would have been great if he did something like 5 under and hit 8 under for the tournament.

But after last nights drama - I actually felt a bit happier after that round.

Mind you I didn't see all the shots but the ones I saw on shot tracker had the look of someone working really hard to do decent stuff about them.

Last hole slightly disappointing with the penalty shot - but that wouldn't upset me at all - that can happen - it looks like the shot went slight too far in the wrong direction - it looks like in the water.

On another day that could have landed somewhere harmless

Yesterday did damage, but while today's round wasn't wonderful, it was OK. I was hoping he would do better in the week before the masters, but he made the cut which is the main thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Any world ranking points gained this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭abff

Any world ranking points gained this weekend?

No. He would have needed to finish no worse than tied 52nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Nice to see the BBC acknowledging Paddy as a possible contender for the Masters this week. You can read the article here. They don't see him as having much of a chance but nice that they are acknowledging someone who also seems to raise his game at the majors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Forgotten password 99

Masters tee times are announced. Padraig is with Ryan Palmer and Thomas Bjorn. They tee off at 12:42 ET.

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Nice to see the BBC acknowledging Paddy as a possible contender for the Masters this week. You can read the article here. They don't see him as having much of a chance but nice that they are acknowledging someone who also seems to raise his game at the majors.

Only one star, but nice that he is on the list all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭gladrags

According to the BBC below are Paddy's tee times for Thursday/Friday.

Times BST

17:42, 14:13: Padraig Harrington (Ire), Ryan Palmer, Thomas Bjorn (Den)

Can't wait.

He can do it,he has done it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Tour Diary.. he sounds focused and prepared..who knows!
    Tour Diary - The Masters - Preview
    This time last year I was sitting at home on my couch sulking, getting ready to watch The Masters on TV. I have to say it really hurt not being here last year, but it made me want to come back even more. I have been vocal over the years about my love of Augusta National, so to be back is a great feeling. That said I am not taking this week as a jolly in any sense, I am here to book my spot for life by winning. I don't want to be sitting at home again having to watch on the couch.

I have made sure to take it easy this week and not wear myself out in practice. I did some work with Pete Cowen and then some chipping and pitching. I played nine holes with Shane Lowry in the afternoon which was good fun, as you forget how much a big deal it is to come here for the first time. We talked about a few things on the course, but in general he asked what he wanted to know rather than me unloading my thoughts on him. We played the back nine and I have to say it was in as good a condition as I have seen it. The greens were running very fast and the the fairways were perfect. We had a good laugh on the course which was great, a lot of the time practice rounds can be long and boring but it went by pretty quickly. By the end I was very tired so rather than do anything else I headed back to my house.

On Tuesday I decided against playing any holes and instead Shane and myself had a few chipping contests. In the end we halved the money - I was leading in the last one but let him off the hook. It was great practice though, so much better than just hitting chips myself. He went to play the course and I spent an hour practicing my putting before I headed back to the house. Caroline and the kids were due so I had to make sure that we had some food in the house before they got there, which meant a trip to the supermarket.

On Wednesday I played the front nine in the morning and then the Par Three Tournament at 1pm along with Shane and Stevie Gallagher. Paddy and Ciaran caddied for me which was great, they did a really good job and were even doing TV interviews afterwards. After the Par 3, I practiced my putting again for about an hour and called it a day.

My goal for the practice days was not to wear myself out - I know that the key is to be fresh come Sunday and to do that I have to take it very easy in practice. I am very happy that I have prepared well and am ready to play. On Monday I was a little distracted by what I had been working on, but on Wednesday it was all about the target, which felt good. I have a good draw this week, I'm playing with Tomas Bjorn and Ryan Palmer, two guys that I know well and are great to play with.

I'm feeling good and have prepared well, so there is no more I can do but to rest up and look forward to the challenge of playing Augusta National.

Talk soon,
    Padraig.

• Advertisement

Who knows - I really don't know what to expect with the rollercoaster experience - but I really hope its a good positive experience for him on his golf journey.

Win would be lovely - but im afraid of dreaming of such an outcome.

I wish him all the best

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

Hi
    Does anyone know who are Paddy and Ciaran that caddied for him?
    Thanks allybhoy for post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭thirteen.

ellejay wrote: »
    Hi
    Does anyone know who are Paddy and Ciaran that caddied for him?
    Thanks allybhoy for post!

His two sons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭allybhoy

If he makes the cut and has 4 solid rounds and finished inside the top 25 or so id be delighted, that would be serious progress, I just have a feeling that the scoring will be very low this year which I dont think will suit him.. but I really hope im wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

With the shot tracker unavailable for the Masters, what will be the best way to follow Padraig's round?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

REBELSAFC wrote: »
    With the shot tracker unavailable for the Masters, what will be the best way to follow Padraig's round?

On the new Masters shot tracker which is actually very good. http://www.masters.com/en_US/scores/track.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

There's a track feature on the Maters site

http://www.masters.com/en_US/scores/track.html

Just found that tracker.......I'm just in shock that the good gentlemen of Augusta National have decided to embrace the technology of the 21st century!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Since he won his majors I always joked ( half serious ) that if he ever won the Masters I would stop watching golf as I felt it could never get better than that .

• Advertisement

REBELSAFC wrote: »
    Just found that tracker.......I'm just in shock that the good gentlemen of Augusta National have decided to embrace the technology of the 21st century!!!!!

Ah Jesus I don't like this new shot tracker. It has Padraig all over the place on the first.He'll struggle to make bogie after an awful first drive

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement